Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Unread post by Novikova »

Because time gating things really sucks.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As I said, it'll only get done faster as the xpac goes on. And unlike many time-gated things, this is not a necessity. Besides, you do it once and that is it. Can send the tome to alts.
Novikova

Oh no, I get that. I just think it's kinda crappy to time gate like this. I'm also crabby because my server is so Alliance heavy doing the WQs on Broken Shore is nigh impossible, so there's that.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It really isn't bad, and it will at least be well-earned.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Lupen202 wrote:
Acherontia wrote: Artifact knowledge is even account wide once you reach a certain level on one character, which makes things even simpler for alts.
I didn't know about that, do you have more information please? Or do you mean the account bound up we can give to alts?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

It's more that is just one more disappointing thing, in an already frustrating situation.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

There's a balance between rewarding effort, and gating things that really could or should be "default" behind time/grind. IMO this is the latter.

It's not about us "deserving" things on a "silver platter" or anything like that, more like, these are pets lots of people have wanted for a long time, and now they will be (frustratingly, for me) available to only those who main BM. They're cool pets, would love to have one, don't have the time to get them, so I'm disappointed, and hope it changes, that's all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As Lupen said, you can put AP into the BM artifact and gradually Lvl it up. This isn't some race that has to be finished soon or else the tome goes away. This can be done the rest of Legion and beyond. And as said, it wouldn't be fair for those who want to work to earn something to have nothing to earn. I'm sorry you don't have a ton of time to play, but Blizz can't cater to you or others in your situation. There are dozens of pet families that, for years, we have been able to get easily. They make one of them a challenge, and a few are throwing their arms up at the idea.

The fact is, for at least the length of Legion, getting the tome won't be made any easier. This is something that should be earned.
Novikova

It's still going to take an incredibly long time to max out a side spec weapon. And WoW is one of the most casual MMOs there is. It's just an odd item to make a challenge. I'd rather have it available for everyone from the get go. Call me a no fun-nik I guess.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

At first, sure, but once you get into the higher AKs, it'll be a breeze. And just because WoW is a casual MMO doesn't mean it can't have challenges to overcome. The species within the Feathermanes are, for the most part, pets that have been in high demand since WoW's launch. Blizz finally made them tamable, but they want it to be something we actually earn other than just it being given to us.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's not about "catering to" anyone, but forcing people to play something they don't enjoy, for a long time investment, for something that should really be default. The mount would have been a more fitting reward--the mounts are symbols for every OTHER spec's time investment. I don't know why this is different.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

They aren't forcing you to play anything... you can play the spec you like, collect tokens in your bags, then switch only when you want to put the artifact power into the BM artifact. Then switch back? :s

I would have been fine with another mount too but pets are sort of BMs thing... so god forbid. No one NEEDS feathermanes. If you want it bad enough then just gradually work towards it. We literally have infinite time.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lupen202 wrote:They aren't forcing you to play anything... you can play the spec you like, collect tokens in your bags, then switch only when you want to put the artifact power into the BM artifact. Then switch back? :s

I would have been fine with another mount too but pets are sort of BMs thing... so god forbid. No one NEEDS feathermanes. If you want it bad enough then just gradually work towards it. We literally have infinite time.
Exactly. Honestly, I don't know what people cannot understand about this.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess it's a bit frustrating when you want to play a different spec, especially for raiders, and can't justify channeling that AP to your off-spec weapon purely for an aesthetic, when pets are the main reason any of us are on this site. I do get that. I can't imagine having to level up two weapons on one character. Seriously, fuck that. :D I'm glad I'm BM anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

That's just why people have to be patient. Either prioritize your main weap and be patient, and get feathermanes later... Or tunnel everything into BM. It's a choice people have to make. And the higher artifact knowledge we get the easier it'll be.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I swapped mid way through from MM to BM and honestly it doesn't take that long to get all the traits - maybe to max the last one - but to get it to a decent level it isn't all that long. I've been swapping between MM and BM recently just to keep both weapons on par and I don't play everyday or anything. I can understand it seems daunting though. Suramar is a good place to get AP if you're wondering :) It's honestly harder getting decent relics I find not so much AP...that's just my experience though.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:and honestly it doesn't take that long to get all the traits - maybe to max the last one - but to get it to a decent level it isn't all that long.
The new 7.2 traits though? :S I thought Bendak said we needed something like 2 billion AP. :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, but the new knowledge ranks will make that very easy to obtain.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I don't main hunter, so it's not a matter of saving tokens. I need to gear my main. I RP primarily so even doing that is a pain--trying to find spare time to gear. For me, I WILL NOT be able to get them, and especially considering my RP chars would have them, it's pretty frustrating and quite sad. I really love them but I just won't have time. RIP eh
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Acherontia, not to be mean, but have you been reading what Lupen and I have been saying? You don't have to be playing on your Hunter to lvl up your Artifacts. You can use Blood of Sargeras to buy resources then send them to your Hunter in order to buy AK.

Then you just do missions that award AP, or WQs if you have the time. I am a full-time RPer, but I also have plenty of time to Raid (About to start Mythic NH), to do WQs, and am able to keep my three other 110s relatively caught up with having to put a ton of time into them unless I choose.

Honestly, there is no excuse. Feathermanes are not going anywhere, so there is really no need to run out and get them. I want them just as much as the next Hunter, but I am also being patient about them.