Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:
Xella wrote:I've lost track—are we looking at the Tuesday after next for feathermanes still? Muffinus tweeted about birds recently and I want them so bad but we're still so far off that I was wondering if I maybe missed a week somewhere D:
The Tuesday coming up next, the 6th, should theoretically be the final quest in the chain. I'm not sure if there will need to be one more week following the completion of that? But....I think we might be getting them next week??
I'm thinking next week. Like 99% sure. I think the estimate of June 11th, like posted on Petopia's home page, came about as a rough estimate due to the fact of how the AP numbers looked at the time. I remember many of us, at the first sign of how much AP it would take to hit 52 Titanstrike, thought it may take well into July to finish the artifacts despite the fact that the campaign ended June 6th. But that was before the AP numbers and AK equations were not only buffed (in our favor) later in the PTR testing, but also what happened when some adjustments were made when 7.2 was Live. Blizzard has already stated that players progressed faster on artifacts then they expected we would (thus the nerf from AK 50 to AK 40 cap), so I think all that early PTR experience made the June 11th date come about.

TL;DR
I'm fairly certain that once you complete the campaign next Tuesday, you will be able to immediately proceed to your class mount quest. The conclusion of that quest will then have Pan the Kind Hand finally reveal the rare goods :)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think you're right, that it's after this coming reset (Tuesday). The problem is that we were told roughly <x> quest weeks but it was hard to be pinpoint exactly which week they'd become available, i.e. is it the week AFTER <x> or ON week <x>. I think I went with the conservative (longer) estimate :)

I could still be wrong and the final quest for Legionfall might be next week but the mount quest scenario might only unlock the week after. I haven't seen any clarification of that.

But it's soon and it's exciting! :D

I'm piling AP into my second artifact now and it doesn't look like it'll take long to get there with AK 39-40. I went for SV as I think the green wolfhawk is a little more striking, even though blue is my favourite colour.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:I think you're right, that it's after this coming reset (Tuesday). The problem is that we were told roughly <x> quest weeks but it was hard to be pinpoint exactly which week they'd become available, i.e. is it the week AFTER <x> or ON week <x>. I think I went with the conservative (longer) estimate :)

I could still be wrong and the final quest for Legionfall might be next week but the mount quest scenario might only unlock the week after. I haven't seen any clarification of that.

But it's soon and it's exciting! :D

I'm piling AP into my second artifact now and it doesn't look like it'll take long to get there with AK 39-40. I went for SV as I think the green wolfhawk is a little more striking, even though blue is my favourite colour.
Oh its entirely possible that it takes another week to unlock. There has definitely been no clarification. But, when you read a lot of the devs' twitters, they seem to be encouraging the hype that 'next week is it!' when it comes to Feathermanes (like Muffinus). Although not stated directly, their excitement doesn't suggest (at least to me) that we're two weeks away.

But if it is, well, 2 weeks still isn't bad. XD

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:I'm piling AP into my second artifact now and it doesn't look like it'll take long to get there with AK 39-40. I went for SV as I think the green wolfhawk is a little more striking, even though blue is my favourite colour.
I completely forgot about unlocking the other color mounts. Guess I'm not done with AP after all!
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Rikaku wrote:And regarding the traits/max out question, since it does come up. I'm linking the wowhead calc I posted awhile back to show what traits need to be filled out for the tome :)

Hope it helps clear some confusion!
Rikaku wrote:You need to have every trait maxed out, except for "Concordance of the Legionfall" (which is the 50-rank trait) which you only need 1 rank in. Essentially you'll need a level 52 Titanstrike, which would look like this with Wowhead Calc :)

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/hu ... 7wFfABZkAQ
Thank you Rikaku, that does help! I didn't realize that to unlock Concordance you had to have the old traits maxed out as well. Here I was trying to fill out those side ones thinking I could just skip the other stuff. Merrrf. :lol: So, I might get Feathermanes sometime next year. :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Rhyela wrote: Thank you Rikaku, that does help! I didn't realize that to unlock Concordance you had to have the old traits maxed out as well. Here I was trying to fill out those side ones thinking I could just skip the other stuff. Merrrf. :lol: So, I might get Feathermanes sometime next year. :P
I felt the same way... but once you get your artifact level up and start seeing 1 million AP on the items that drop, it goes relatively fast! But you have to do your dailies every day, so that can be a little annoying .
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I moved all our info to one guide page:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/guides/feathermanes.php

This way all the details don't have to appear as a huge block of text on every Fetahermane page :)
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Wain wrote:I moved all our info to one guide page:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/guides/feathermanes.php

This way all the details don't have to appear as a huge block of text on every Fetahermane page :)
Resize this, Wain. :lol:

Also, June 7th? I thought it was after reset on the 6th? Unless you're EU I guess.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Odd. That image is supposed to be resized. It is on my browser. I'll look into it. Thanks!

The date is probably because I'm in Australia. I guess the US date is half a day or more earlier
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder if it's your ad blocker :p
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

The image is showing up fine for me, thanks for the updated page! :D

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wait, the BOA tome requires 110 to learn? So low level alts can learn to tame the vast amount of low level feathermanes? Thats disappointing :( I figured it would be more like the mecha-bond imprint matrix.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

I'm at 39/40 AK and am seeing almost 100m AP items from the challenge missions, and 5-20mil everywhere else. Still need like 3 talent points but shouldn't take long at this rate. Have 2 days left until last AK point!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah, whats with that, needing to be 110 to use it, should be usable at lvl 10 or 20 (seeing as the class mounts are usable then). :| :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sadly it says on the object that it requires 110 :(. Maybe at some point they'll change that.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Wain wrote:Odd. That image is supposed to be resized. It is on my browser. I'll look into it. Thanks!

The date is probably because I'm in Australia. I guess the US date is half a day or more earlier
Image doesn't break anymore today. I dunno what you did, but neat.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

AAAAAAAAAAAH. LESS THAN 400 MILLION AP AWAY. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

ugh I'm 520,000,000 away!
I just got my last trait, and Concordance popped. Now I just need that one trait.
I can hardly wait for my final AK to pop, another 2 days.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm 200 million AP away. I think I can do that in a day or two. I just need to figure out Snowbeak's spawn time.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Good luck, folks! :) Let's hope it IS tomorrow and not next week. But I suppose if it's the latter then at least you have an extra week to get there :)