Hati's following different after patch?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Hati's following different after patch?

Unread post by Teigan »

I've noticed Hati has changed his style since the patch. Most of the time, he runs on the same side as my pet, slightly behind it. Occasionally, he goes back to being on the opposite side, but still hangs back. Has anyone else noticed this?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Hati's following different after patch?

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I've only noticed my Hati (and main pet) just hovering over a corpse, as if they were still in combat with the long-dead foe.

As far as I know, I only have one Carrion Bird, and I've been using an herbivore as my pet/hati combo.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

I don't play BM, but it has felt like my pets in survival have lagged, lingered or stalled a little from time to time (but I was having connection issues too). Usually when I'm sprinting around everywhere, whacking things with my spear, they seem kinda confused as what they're supposed to be doing. I think I even once saw it do the thing some mobs do, when you aggro them and move in their direction, they stop and wait for YOU to get in range. Pet growled something and stood still as the mob ran to it.

Edit: The pet I've been using most is a falcosaur, and those might have some minor issues that were missed.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Werebearguy - Hm, not sure what you mean about having an herbivore as opposed to a carrion bird? Does that change how Hati's AI acts? Curious.

PrimalTazza - Interesting issues. I wonder what they changed to mess up pets (more)?

But, it stopped. So, that was weird *shrugs* Maybe he liked my new basilisk.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's not quite the topic of this thread, but maybe close enough...

Has anyone else noticed that Hati seems lazier than ever in 7.2? He doesn't seem to attack anything without me hitting Kill Command. Previously it was a frequent problem but now it seems like pretty much all the time. This is terrible. It's nearly 8 months since launch and more like a year since these issues were reported on Beta.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I agree Wain! Hati has been super lazy lately. I find myself unequipping my weapon and reequipping to reset him. That seems to make him behave better.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Pets have been laggy and unresponsive the entire expansion for sure. It's why I went MM primarily. Until they fix these issues that were new to this expansion I'll stay Lone Wolf and pull my pet out when I get lonely and miss my side kick on occasion.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:It's not quite the topic of this thread, but maybe close enough...

Has anyone else noticed that Hati seems lazier than ever in 7.2? He doesn't seem to attack anything without me hitting Kill Command. Previously it was a frequent problem but now it seems like pretty much all the time. This is terrible. It's nearly 8 months since launch and more like a year since these issues were reported on Beta.
Yep, that's happening to me.

Also, it seems like the speed boost they gave him in a hotfix/patch (7.1 or 7.1.5, not sure which) seems to be gone again. He's running just as bad and slow as he did early in Legion. I remember they fixed it a little, but that 'fix' is long gone now. Hati is absolutely terrible in 7.2. More so than before.

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Yep.. I don't know how many times my Hati just sits beside me while my other pet is attacking and so am I.. he sure got pretty lazy lol
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If anyone has any *consistent* test cases they can describe, could you please post them here?

By that I mean a specific set of instructions that will always lead Hati to misbehave and can be reproduced by all of us by following the same instructions. I'm trying to do that right now but the more people investigating it the better. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've tried to pay attention to the conditions under which Hati startes to misbehave and just hang around at my side until I hit kill command, but obviously, I'm not taking detailed notes of what I'm doing on the off chance of catching him when the behavior starts. As a result, things're kind of anecdotal.

It does seem to happen more often when I'm out doing world quests and other things solo. I've not really noticed it happening in raid environments, though it has happened a couple times that I've seen in dungeons. It seems that I notice it most often when I've been attacking multiple mobs at once and beast cleaving a lot. While it may just be a coinicidence, it does look like Hati starts being a doofus when I'm doing things like the 'kill 30 imps' WQ or just farming shards from Sentinax portals. That could jive with the times I've seen the behavior in dungeons, since LFG tanks do love to Pull All the Things! which means I'm spending a lot of time multishot/beast cleaving.

Of course, both those situations are ones where I tend to be going in and out of combat often, which means Hati spends a lot of time waddling around like a blind geriatric tortoise with severe arthritis trying to get to the mobs. I dunno if that'd be a factor.

Possibly negating what I wrote above, though, is the fact that it doesn't seem to happen in normal/heroic Nighthold, even with the packs of trash one has to clear out between bosses. Of course, in there, I'm generally out of combat between most packs.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've found my pets in general, not specifically Hati, have been behaving...just odd enough that it's noticeable. I've had my pets get randomly 'stuck' far more often since the patch, even if the terrain is completely flat. And they just seem a bit unresponsive in general? I wish I could be more specific, I never really notice the circumstances, just that they're acting a bit frustrating.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

I've also noticed this.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

This is also anecdotal, but Hati seems less likely to attack with my primary pet if I am doing three things at once:

1) opening with multi-shot, bestial wrath, or murder of crows (in theory this will never happen when I hit Kill Command because that's the one ability I have /petattack macroed into; I HAVE seen him ignore both my attack and follow button presses, though mostly follow. Getting them to come back and stop attacking e.g. random horde that might have cleaved them is a nightmare sometimes)
2) moving via my keyboard (wasd)
3) moving via my mouse (right click)

The typical way I move is that I hold right click to turn, but use w to move forward (vs. clicking both left and right), and a and d to strafe (I swapped the bindings of turn and strafe a long time ago, because q and e are less comfortable for me to hit). I almost never see Hati fail to move in if I'm standing still when I start attacking, but if I'm moving (even a little bit) at the same time, it's like he loses his mind and "I must move with my faux owner" takes priority in his queue over "I must follow Sporey into battle."

Which, put that way, I can't really blame him for—I know I've totally blanked on mechanics when a higher priority mechanic comes up at the same time ("I must move out of melee for defile! oh god I'm on the edge of the platform and a val'kyr picked me up and now I'm doomed") but he's controlled by an AI, he's SUPPOSED to be able to be smarter than me in tense situations :(

For what it's worth, I've seen him derp out almost equally between outdoor areas, dungeons, and raids; dungeons tends to be the worst because beast cleave/surge of the stormgod going off right next to me instead of 20-40 yards away inevitably pulls mobs that we didn't want to be pulling :\ Raids I think are less likely to be dangerous just because I rarely go too far into the fight without hitting kill command, and therefore having /petattack be reinforced.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.