WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 61
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male
Zyne wrote:
Congrats Dys I knew you would get it!! :D Hahahah and you named it Skolde!! I remember how that was annoying us so much! :D


LOL yep - it's just a matter of time and patience.....and more time.....and patience! :P

When I was camping, I was thinking of a good name and that stupid dwarf npc yelling "SKOLDE" all the time to summon guards to attack just seemed so appropriate :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:30 am
Posts: 29
Location: In your closet...
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male
Dysphoria wrote:

LOL yep - it's just a matter of time and patience.....and more time.....and patience! :P

When I was camping, I was thinking of a good name and that stupid dwarf npc yelling "SKOLDE" all the time to summon guards to attack just seemed so appropriate :D


Couldn't agree more haha! :D

_________________

My Art
https://spencerford.artstation.com/
Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 6706
Location: My chair
Realm: US - Ysera
Gender: Female playing males and females
Well, that was easier than I expected. First time looking, I flapped over to the flight point before going to the restroom, not expecting it to be there, but...it was. Clicked, tamed, done! :lol: I named him Boros because it sounded good in my head. :)

Image


Attachments:
Boros.jpg [145.52 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________

Image


Signatures created by cowmuflage, Serenith, Vephriel, Bulletdance, pengupuff, TygerDarkstorm, Bhando and myself! (Floette avatar from Bulbapedia.)


Dragon Cave!


Slickrock wrote:
Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:44 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 am
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Realm: Nagrand US
Gender: Female
On a similar note, I am absolutely sick of players grieving by using toys to make themselves large or large mounts on top of the spawn point.

This guy, for example. I've been here for over 6 hours, sent him a PM asking to be polite and at least move a bit, and instead of moving or taking off his potion of giant growth, he then used a World Shrinker. I have to literally put my cursor outside the hut to not be targeting him.On top of that, he's only been there for about 10 minutes.

(Picture removed as it had the players name)

_________________

Image


Valka - 110 Human Hunter


Valkar - 110 Night Elf Druid


Follow Me on Twitter



Last edited by Valka on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 61
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male
Valka wrote:
On a similar note, I am absolutely sick of players grieving by using toys to make themselves large or large mounts on top of the spawn point.

This guy, for example. I've been here for over 6 hours, sent him a PM asking to be polite and at least move a bit, and instead of moving or taking off his potion of giant growth, he then used a World Shrinker. I have to literally put my cursor outside the hut to not be targeting him.On top of that, he's only been there for about 10 minutes.


I have come across similar behaviour. It's just rude and thoughtless behaviour. Some people should be ashamed of themselves.


Last edited by Dysphoria on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 am
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Realm: Nagrand US
Gender: Female
Dysphoria wrote:
Valka wrote:
On a similar note, I am absolutely sick of players grieving by using toys to make themselves large or large mounts on top of the spawn point.

This guy, for example. I've been here for over 6 hours, sent him a PM asking to be polite and at least move a bit, and instead of moving or taking off his potion of giant growth, he then used a World Shrinker. I have to literally put my cursor outside the hut to not be targeting him.On top of that, he's only been there for about 10 minutes.

(Picture removed as it had the players name)

I have come across similar behaviour. It's just rude and thoughtless behaviour. Some people should be ashamed of themselves.


Update: About 20 minutes after this post the egg spawned and I was lucky enough to start the tame. This guy killed it then logged off.

Thanks guy... :evil:

_________________

Image


Valka - 110 Human Hunter


Valkar - 110 Night Elf Druid


Follow Me on Twitter



Last edited by Valka on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:53 am
Posts: 11
Realm: Dalaran
Gender: Female
still looking for the gryphon... Lycanroc#1591 if anyone sees the feather and wants to help another hunter out :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 6706
Location: My chair
Realm: US - Ysera
Gender: Female playing males and females
I'm so sorry, Valka. Internet anonymity seems to bring out the worst in people. I hope you get it soon! (I got ganked immediately, so... :lol:)

_________________

Image


Signatures created by cowmuflage, Serenith, Vephriel, Bulletdance, pengupuff, TygerDarkstorm, Bhando and myself! (Floette avatar from Bulbapedia.)


Dragon Cave!


Slickrock wrote:
Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Posts: 3024
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.
No luck on the gryphon. :( I did get a lot of knitting done during my camp, and met a couple of nice folks.

_________________
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 61
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male
Valka wrote:
Update: About 20 minutes after this post the egg spawned and I was lucky enough to start the tame. This guy killed it then logged off.

Thanks guy... :evil:


I am so sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, i cant say I'm surprised :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Posts: 3024
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.
My sympathies on the jerk. :( People are awful sometimes.

_________________
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:51 pm 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm
Posts: 1359
Location: Sholazar Basin
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil
Gender: Robot
Valka, you need to edit your screenshot to remove that player's name.

From the forum guidelines:
2.No 'naming & shaming': If you want to criticize the behavior of others, in-game and out, make sure that they cannot be identified. (Public figures are an exception, of course.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 am
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Realm: Nagrand US
Gender: Female
Shade wrote:
Valka, you need to edit your screenshot to remove that player's name.

From the forum guidelines:
2.No 'naming & shaming': If you want to criticize the behavior of others, in-game and out, make sure that they cannot be identified. (Public figures are an exception, of course.)


Whoops sorry, I removed it from both of my posts but it didn't remove from the quote someone else did.

_________________

Image


Valka - 110 Human Hunter


Valkar - 110 Night Elf Druid


Follow Me on Twitter



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 61
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male
Valka wrote:
Shade wrote:
Valka, you need to edit your screenshot to remove that player's name.

From the forum guidelines:
2.No 'naming & shaming': If you want to criticize the behavior of others, in-game and out, make sure that they cannot be identified. (Public figures are an exception, of course.)


Whoops sorry, I removed it from both of my posts but it didn't remove from the quote someone else did.


I just amended my quote of your post :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Posts: 3024
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.
Honestly, I'm sort of on the fence about naming and shaming sometimes.

But I still have no luck with this dang bird. MG has such aggressive and numerous alliance. I wonder if I should just accept that I will never have this pet.

_________________
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:15 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 61
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male
Novikova wrote:
Honestly, I'm sort of on the fence about naming and shaming sometimes.

But I still have no luck with this dang bird. MG has such aggressive and numerous alliance. I wonder if I should just accept that I will never have this pet.


Just so you don't feel like it's just you this happens to......this is what is happening on my server too:

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm
Posts: 838
Realm: Argent Dawn
Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to try to camp for the gryphon on a Horde character? I've noticed Alliance hunters stealthed near Gon and, while I haven't done it for a while, have always found it pretty easy to get into Orgrimmar safely on an Alliance character. It seems as if having the gryphon near the flightmaster makes it a bit tougher for Hordies to hang around and camp.

In any event, it'll be a while before I try for the gryphon. Running an Alliance character over to check out the spawn point a few times, I've seen a half dozen or so hunters all standing around there. I've only ever seen one other Horde hunter looking for Gon at any given time and a couple Alliance hunters stealthed nearby. I usually give those folks a wave or a salute before heading elsewhere. After all, they were there before me so should get first dibs on the tame.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am
Posts: 2435
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Gender: Dood
Its interesting how they arranged these. Gon is harder to get to undetected as Alliance, but I feel theres more nooks and crannies to hide in once you get there. On the other hand, the gryphon is much easier to fly to as Horde but its completely out in the open. I feel the gryphon is a bit easier but it has its own challenges for sure.

I also don't quite get the purpose of multiple people camping at once. Do they have an order of taming? Seems risky because you really can't trust strangers, and this thing can have a mulit-hour spawn timer, and we know everyone aint going to stand around for that. So what happens, people fight over it when it does spawn? Just a mess.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 61
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male
Boven wrote:
Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to try to camp for the gryphon on a Horde character?


Getting to the feather spawn is simple. Just fly there directly to the flight master on the south side of SW. Once there, things get interesting. On my server alliance outweigh horde by about 70:30. So there are naturally always a heap of alliance hunters there camping at any given time. Moreover, the CRZ and phasing pulls players in randomly so even if you do get there and no one else is camping, a short while later there are multiple players. The main issue is player aggro. Either non-hunter players will attack you for fun, or else the camping hunters will attack you to reduce the number of hunters camping, or I have even had situations where lower geared hunters will ask friends/guildies to come over and attack horde to ensure less competition for themselves.....Finally; the grave yard for horde is about a 5-6 minute run from SW, so you really don't want to be dying regularly!

Quiv wrote:
I also don't quite get the purpose of multiple people camping at once. Do they have an order of taming? Seems risky because you really can't trust strangers, and this thing can have a mulit-hour spawn timer, and we know everyone aint going to stand around for that. So what happens, people fight over it when it does spawn? Just a mess.


In my experience; when I tamed the Gryph as horde, there was only one other alliance hunter who very graciously did not attack the Gryph once I had spawned it from the feather and I was able to tame. When I tamed Gon, I was the only one there. Having spoken to others who were all camped in a group, there always seemed to be some dissension on what would happen. Some thought that whoever first clicked the feather/egg should have it. Others thought it should be whoever was there first. And still others were adamant it was whoever could get aggro and keep it for the tame to complete. I would hate to be there when this happens! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Posts: 3024
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.
Due to a newly diagnosed illness requiring I minimize stress, I think I'm just going to call it off for now if not forever. I camped it by hiding on a hill nearby and scouting with eagle eye.

_________________
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group