Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Novikova wrote:Due to a newly diagnosed illness requiring I minimize stress, I think I'm just going to call it off for now if not forever. I camped it by hiding on a hill nearby and scouting with eagle eye.
I'm so sorry to hear about your illness Novikova. I hope it's able to be managed OK. :hug:
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Tamed the Gryphon finally after camping for days; however, that is not why I am posting I believe I found a work around. As Bendak explained the spawn timer varies because Stormwin not like the old days where each server had their one instance of Stormwind and that was it. There are multiple “shards” of Stormwind and you can be shifted around them without even knowing sometimes. However, sometimes logging out and back in will put you in a different shard/phase, Tthis right here is how I tamed the SB. I logged out with one other Hunter camping then waited a second logged back in and there was the feather with no other hunters! If you tied of camping I would suggest trying this method every once in a while.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Quiv wrote:I also don't quite get the purpose of multiple people camping at once. Do they have an order of taming? Seems risky because you really can't trust strangers, and this thing can have a mulit-hour spawn timer, and we know everyone aint going to stand around for that. So what happens, people fight over it when it does spawn? Just a mess.
I tend to get a little OCD about the pets that I want so I tend to camp a great deal. One of the things to keep in mind, if you show up and people are already there, is how long you are willing to wait versus them. A number of times on camps, I sit and read a book or grade student papers while I am camping- I see a number of people log in and out to check or to camp for a good 20 mins or so before they leave. Sometimes even if there is a group there, they all likely won't stay till the spawn of it takes awhile.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Is there a 'safe spot' for Horde hunters to be camo/stealthed while waiting for a chance at the gryphon? I'd like to try to get it, but with it right near the flight master, I suspect it'll be quite a challenge just to get in there to see if the feather is up.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

A little more information for both of these SBs:

-You can realm hop and tame them easily on your 110 if they are up but it does seem that if you try with a lvl 100 (by going on your 110 main, clicking it, leaving group, then going on your 100) that Gon just goes poof.. don't think he was tamed or killed the only time Gon or the Spirit gryphon stay up it seems is if it's on your realm. I was so close to getting Gon on my 100 but got killed by a guard on my realm, on the other two realms I tried it on he wasn't ever there to tame. Now I can't be entirely sure if maybe he just has a timer that he's up as Gon then just fades away though along with the egg. But im pretty sure in a matter of 20 secs or so noone showed up to tame/kill him. But I did indeed just get the gryphon on my lvl 100 by having my 110 click the feather on my realm so baby hunter alts rejoice.

-It appears that the shorter respawn timer might be if the tame before hand failed. I've camped hours for the Spirit Gryphon but when my baby hunter unfortunately died taming Gon, he appeared again 45 mins later for another hunter.

-For ally hunters on my one hunter I was up in the air flying in orgrimmar with my lvl 110 and was scrolling over the hut to see if it showed any horde/ally hunter and I saw the words come up "spectral egg"! It seems that you can scroll over it while flying in the air, I was pretty high but not too high. Maybe something to check if you dont wanna camp per say or just wanting to fly through. Its a good way to assess your survivability at least lol.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Boven wrote:Is there a 'safe spot' for Horde hunters to be camo/stealthed while waiting for a chance at the gryphon? I'd like to try to get it, but with it right near the flight master, I suspect it'll be quite a challenge just to get in there to see if the feather is up.

I ended up parking on a nearby hill and using eagle eye. >_>
Dysphoria wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear about your illness Novikova. I hope it's able to be managed OK. :hug:
Thanks. I'm keeping a food journal and tracking symptoms. It's a pain in the donk. Besides, I am sure a regular white gryphon is gonna be totally rad. :D :hug:
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can confirm that the current situation where only high levels can see the summoning object but low levels can tame, is working as intended. The beasts scale so that a chance level 10 wandering past won't be instablicked but only high levels can start it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kojjiro
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Kojjiro »

Love being Horde and running around with this guy :headbang:
Attachments
Spectral Gryphon.jpg
Spectral Gryphon.jpg (153.75 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
Tisera
Realm: Blade's Edge

Unread post by Tisera »

As a horde, I want to thank Semano an allicance hunter of the EU realm Shadowsong for let me tame the Gryphon after he had summon it.
I was parking my hunter in front of the spawn point on a flying mount then logged off. Logged in back after a couple of hours later and got attacked by the guards. After killed the guards i flew back up and saw Semano summon the Gryphon just for me to tame it. Really really big big thanks to you Semano. Btw i named the Gryphon, Semano. :)