Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Unread post by Daetur »

Been watching the spawn point near the SW flight master for about 2 hours now, no respawn. Since we have some reports of 30 minutes, it's likely variable- or the SW location isn't the only place it can appear.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rikaku wrote:OH MY GOD, I FOUND IT. PICS INC. IM SHAKING HOLY CRAP.
I love reactions like this :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I do too. :)

Awesome work!! Thanks Rikaku. And thank you to everyone else who has been hunting for these beasts :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Quiv wrote:
Same! God, I haven't had one of those for so long, that was me when I found the spectral eggshell earlier. :lol:

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041217_183305.png
WoWScrnShot_041217_183305.png (30.99 KiB) Viewed 3323 times
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Congrats!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

This is bringing back bad memories of those rare pets with one (at least known for the feather) spawn points. Stuff like griefers or those who don't understand the concept of "wait your turn", thinking they can just show up and run straight to the line. Its like folk forget that if theres no order in letting people tame it, if everyone tries at the same time, then no one ends up getting it.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:
Quiv wrote:
Same! God, I haven't had one of those for so long, that was me when I found the spectral eggshell earlier. :lol:

LOL! I'm truly relieved that it came across amusing, because after I calmed down I was like "oh my god, that post sounds a bit jerky" and was worried it'd be taken the wrong way as I was writing up the follow-up post with pics and info. There was also a delay because while I was trying to get a good shot, I kept having a few people follow and end up in the picture and I didn't want to post anyone's character/names without them knowing XD

But yes, that was the pure reaction. I was actually in SW because I was about to check out Deadwind Pass, Grim Batol (both the Twilight Highlands side and the Wetlands adjacent side) before going on an NPC-Talkathon search. So it was pure dumb luck that I was standing at that NPC before taking off and just happened to see the blue feather. When I realized it said "Spectral Feather", I yelled "OH MY GOD" and when it appeared I scrambled to tame because I saw other people running up behind me down the hallway and I didn't want them to inadvertently attack it XD

So that post was my attempt to reassure Petopians it had been found but also to give myself a second to make sure I got some decent info-screenshots.

Honestly the last time I freaked out that hardcore was taming Loque'nahak way back in WotLK hayday. I still have the screenshot somewhere, but I just remember my guild getting spammed with me going "OMG OMG OMG" when I finally found him and my guildie (not knowing what was going on) yelling "OMG" back at me lol

Ink Dragon
Realm: icecrown, wyrmrest accord

Unread post by Ink Dragon »

anyone check other areas where there are lots of gryphons(aerie peak comes to mind) or around other alliance FP(ie Ironforge)
Diago

Unread post by Diago »

Has anyone confirmed respawn timers?

I think Gryphon and Gon might have multi spots.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Once you click the feather, does it "lock" the pet to you (sort of like Gara)? Or do people just kill it and no one gets to tame?
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't know about the lock, but I think its worth investigating to see if sub 110 can even see the feather. I zoned in to a 100 hunter camping the spot, but the feather was there. He wasn't AFK, but wasn't responding to my messages. I waited for a few minutes as a courtesy since he was there before me, but since there was no communication back, I finally clicked it and tamed. He left shortly thereafter. I felt bad for him but I don't think he could see it cuz it was right in front of him.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Quiv wrote:I don't know about the lock, but I think its worth investigating to see if sub 110 can even see the feather. I zoned in to a 100 hunter camping the spot, but the feather was there. He wasn't AFK, but wasn't responding to my messages. I waited for a few minutes as a courtesy since he was there before me, but since there was no communication back, I finally clicked it and tamed. He left shortly thereafter. I felt bad for him but I don't think he could see it cuz it was right in front of him.
I don't think 110 can see it. Or if they can, they can't interact with it. When I went to Gon's eggshell on my low level hunter alt (lvl 70), she couldn't click anything on the pile. Soon as I brought my main hunter over, I could see it and click it.
Bendak wrote:Once you click the feather, does it "lock" the pet to you (sort of like Gara)? Or do people just kill it and no one gets to tame?
I genuinely don't know. No one seemed to try to attack when I was taming, but then again there was at least one person who seemed stunned a gryphon popped out of nowhere lol

Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Trying to get this thing as a Hordie is a suicide mission. Not that I expect them to be, but the Alliance Hunters on my server are not nice.
Natisah
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Natisah »

Rhaenia wrote:Trying to get this thing as a Hordie is a suicide mission. Not that I expect them to be, but the Alliance Hunters on my server are not nice.
Omg. I know! I've been camping a hour and any time I get too close, one of them will attack me. I'm getting so fed up with this. I really hope Blizz has some more spawn points or something.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

According to some people in the discord you do have to be 110 to see the feather. Someone was 108 I believe, was staring right at the nest, another hunter came, spawned the gryphon and tamed right in front of them.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Getting Gon as an Ally is looking to be even more challenging. If I had money to throw away, I'd faction change to and fro lol
Lupen202 wrote:According to some people in the discord you do have to be 110 to see the feather. Someone was 108 I believe, was staring right at the nest, another hunter came, spawned the gryphon and tamed right in front of them.
That may have been me :( That poor dwarf. I tried to help though.
Natisah
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Natisah »

Quiv wrote:Getting Gon as an Ally is looking to be even more challenging. If I had money to throw away, I'd faction change to and fro lol
I'm honestly probably going to switch to ally real quick to do this. Part of me wants to cuss the hunters out as soon as I tame it though lol. The Gryphon that is.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

was checking on the gryph but a alli hunter killed me :x i say benak tho!
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

was checking on the gryph but a alli hunter killed me :x i say benak tho!
I saw you.

It's unfortunate it's not phased for every hunter who clicks it. Think it's best to wait a while til you can just show up and get it. There's 20 hunters on top of it, it will not end well, even if there's no one from the opposite faction. I hung around for about 1.5 hours, no spawns in that time. There was someone who was there an hour before me as well (they said on the last spawn, a horde showed up and killed it). So the 30 min reports don't seem very accurate.

I checked a few other flight points and places where gryphons roost. No luck.

Side note: I saw a lot of people phasing in and out (realm hopping). Does anyone know any tricks on how to do that within Stormwind? I thought you needed to be in the same zone as where you're hopping. I wasn't able to hop at all.
Last edited by Bendak on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Raginbum
Realm: Zul'jin [Alliance]

Unread post by Raginbum »

Huh, small world. Saw both of you as well. Honestly we should all just look around for other spawns.. Would hate for this to be another one spot camp-a-thon like Arcturis was back in WotLK. But if it is... well don't get your hopes up on camping it this early on. Will definitely keep checking the spot though.