Gon Search Idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Gon Search Idea

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Well it's Gon 2 - Inaric 0 lol. Man I wish they would quit with the quick despawning.. if you die there's zero chance that he will be up when you get back to him.. they need to just let him stay up until tamed or killed because seriously its rough for lower lvls alliance lol. I was one second away from taming him too.. siggghh I did manage to tame the Gryphon on my horde hunter, the dwarf get calling for help but noone showed up.. well one guard did then went poof, so I hearthed and ended up being dead somehow 0.0 so confusing lol
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Cruisin through town and saw:

had to screenie. hehe lucky 20.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

No screenies yet, but I literally just got Gon out of pure luck. Logged on and found the egg shell there. No one around. Around 6:30pm server on WRA. Yaaaay.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aleu wrote:No screenies yet, but I literally just got Gon out of pure luck. Logged on and found the egg shell there. No one around. Around 6:30pm server on WRA. Yaaaay.
Congrats! I managed to get him on Veph last night as well (I tamed him on my other hunter originally but I also wanted him for Veph), I think around 7-8pm server time on WrA? Surprisingly I had no competition either. I wasn't expecting it on such a high-pop realm. At most I'd see a passerby every so often, but since I was already sitting there none of them stayed long and a couple wished me luck and gave me the courtesy of leaving me be for having been there first.

EDIT: I almost forgot how enormous tamed pets are beside tiny female blood elves (I've been playing my male hunter all expansion).

Veph's raptor is named after my gecko who sadly passed away last year.

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I was wondering, I've heard lower levels CAN tame him but twice now I've seen one camped there that could not tame it once it was spawned. Is this a glitch on one end or the other? I was wondering and can't seem to find a solid yes or no, only that it can be but after seeing two lower levels not being able to I was doubtful.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

lilaughingwolf wrote:I was wondering, I've heard lower levels CAN tame him but twice now I've seen one camped there that could not tame it once it was spawned. Is this a glitch on one end or the other? I was wondering and can't seem to find a solid yes or no, only that it can be but after seeing two lower levels not being able to I was doubtful.
I've heard that the lower level player has to attack/aggro Gon in some fashion before they're able to tame it, but it seems they definitely can, I've seen a couple now that have had him tamed pre-110.
Tisera
Realm: Blade's Edge

Unread post by Tisera »

Camping for hours. Then another hunter came and mount up. So it was impossible for me to click. 15 minutes later he tamed it. Hope he is happy. Could kill it but not that kinda person.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

My level 100 hunter has the gryphon so for sure lower levels can tame it but I did attack it to start the tame.
Harley
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil (A), Nesingwary (H).

Unread post by Harley »

Tilo wrote:Cruisin through town and saw:

Think that is my 20.
I got a tame on my main 30 mins before the 20 did. I'm thinking I was lucky since I camped for hours to help others and didn't see it again.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

They're tameable as soon as you learn Tame Beast, which is 13 now. Just gotta have a 110 click the object. (screenshot taken from PTR but you get the idea)

Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

They are officially the coolest lowbie.
Harley
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil (A), Nesingwary (H).

Unread post by Harley »

Daisypoo wrote:

They are officially the coolest lowbie.
Next week I will get the raptor on my alliance 20. That will be cooler then my horde. Lol.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Yep it scales to whatever level, my lil lvl 13 hunter just got Gon :) now named Caleb after a foster kitty I loved. I didnt have to attack it either, just hit tame lol.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Well my baby hunter Inaric has finally got Gon! Only missed out 4 times lol. This time around checked the egg around the usual time it's up and sure enough not only was it up but noone was around. My lil hunter had to FD cause a guard was attacking her, tried to tame him where he was but he evaded, then he ran all the way around and I got the tame <3 so it seems that Gon might be up at around the same times, so if you have seen him before at a certain time check again around that time frame :)
Quadfx
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Quadfx »

I am sure someone has posted this strat but I managed to get Gon, Lost Gryphon and Paw in a couple days with minimal camp time using this method as Alliance. You can use the same concept as horde.

1. Install Server Hop or Cross Realm Assist addons. These addons will only be used to identify the server you are currently on, not used to join any groups.
2. Create a trial class character on a low pop server. I used Argent Dawn (RP). Created a human mage and learned all the ports.

Gon
1. Make sure your hunter is at a safe spot in Orgrimmar. Log out.
2. Using your class trial character, take port to Theramore and fly to Orgrimmar. Before you continue on, you might want to scout around the spawn location to see if anyone else is camping for the egg. Be mindful that you are only lvl 100.
3. Once you are in a safe spot in Orgrimmar, create a custom group using the default group finder with Auto Accept turned off.
4. Log onto your hunter and join the custom group.
5. Log back onto your class trial character and accept your hunters join request.
6. Log back onto your hunter and accept the group invite. Your hunter should have hopped to the RP Server.
7. Wait for spawn.

Lost Gryphon
1. Make sure your hunter is at a SW. Log out.
2. Using your class trial character, take port to SW. Before you continue on, you might want to scout around the spawn location to see if anyone else is camping for the feather.
3. Create a custom group using default group finder with Auto Accept turned off.
5. Log back onto your class trial character and accept your hunters join request.
6. Log back onto your hunter and accept the group invite. Your hunter should have hopped to the RP Server.
7. Wait for spawn.

Lightning Paw
1. Make sure your hunter is at a the Inn in Duskwood. Log out.
2. Using your class trial character, fly to the inn in Duskwood.
3. Create a custom group using default group finder with Auto Accept turned off.
7. Scout the spawn points for LP.

Hope this helps

GL!