Gon Search Idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Re: Gon Search Idea

Unread post by Xylexia »

I had a dream I found the egg and I haven't even started hard core camping yet lol
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

It's not exactly dieing down.... Last night there was 4-7 people from 3am till 6am in the morning..... Not exactly high traffic times. Sheesh.

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

So I log in to take a bo peep. 4 people standing around, the egg spawns. I grab it, tame, and have him. lol People gotta pay ATTENTIOn. sheesh.

Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:So I log in to take a bo peep. 4 people standing around, the egg spawns. I grab it, tame, and have him. lol People gotta pay ATTENTIOn. sheesh.

Haha congrats! That gives me hope. Gron is camped 24/7 on my server. Maybe everyone will be afk and I can snag it
Daisypoo

I realm hopped to a low pop realm. Going on 6+ hours with no spawn. Out of all the times I've camped the damn egg has never spawned :cry:
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I have Rhyela parked in Org, and every time I log on there are at least 3 Horde camping. I don't think I'm going to get lucky on this one.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Woo-hoo! Scratch that! I'm still shaking a little! I logged on just a couple minutes ago to check, and shockingly, nobody was camping. Unfortunately, I was parked in a bad place so I popped camo and moved back a few feet so I could more easily see the platform where the shell would be. It wasn't there, so I waited for FD to reset so I could switch specs to BM (I was SV up til that point). I figured it'd be best if I'm already BM if/when the eggshell was there so I wouldn't have to fumble around with my talents. I switched then quickly feigned again, and that's when I noticed the eggshell sitting there! Now, I don't know if it just happened to spawn at that point, or if one must be BM to see the shell, but I could swear up and down that it wasn't there until I switched to BM. I looked at the platform from a bunch of angles and it just wasn't there before. Anyway, I briefly panicked and forgot how to hunter, then frantically tried to jump up onto the platform to no avail. Finally I hopped on a flying mount and flew in, all the while being shot by a guard. I clicked the eggshell and waited those agonizing few seconds for the tame to finish. Thankfully, no one interrupted and Gon was mine! I feigned again and let the guard kill him (couldn't find my Play Dead), then flew away to snap some pics. :) I'm so happy! I know his coloration isn't popular with everyone, but I personally really love his inky blue, ultra-saturated look. I think he's awesome. Now I just have to come up with a suitable name for him. I'm leaning towards Abyss, but will do some research before settling on a perfect name. ;) I guess the moral of the story is not to give up hope, Alliance!

(He's huge! :o )
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042417_215359.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042417_215359.jpg (355.03 KiB) Viewed 3754 times
WoWScrnShot_042417_215731.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042417_215731.jpg (306.88 KiB) Viewed 3754 times
WoWScrnShot_042417_215820.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042417_215820.jpg (233.5 KiB) Viewed 3754 times
WoWScrnShot_042417_215951.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042417_215951.jpg (300.29 KiB) Viewed 3754 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I briefly panicked and forgot how to hunter
We've all been there. :) :hug:

Grats!
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Daisypoo wrote:I realm hopped to a low pop realm. Going on 6+ hours with no spawn. Out of all the times I've camped the damn egg has never spawned :cry:
Mine took just a tad over 7 hours. It can be rough, given where these are located. Spawn timers that long should be a thing of the past when given the unique circumstances of these two. They are wayyyyy challenging enough as is.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Challenging? Pfft. I "only" got attacked every single time I logged on. :lol: :cry: The fact that I got him, unhindered, was just pure dumb luck, I'm convinced. Keep at it, folks!

(I agree, having a long spawn timer on these does feel like salt in the wound. Not that it should be insta-respawn, but surely there must be a happy medium?)

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I think a couple hours would be reasonable for these. Even hopping to a low horde realm does not guarantee an easy camp by any stretch! There will always be those people who are "if its red, its dead" and thats their right within the parameters of the game. Either way 7 hours is excessive in my estimation, and lowering it would not be giving it away for free.

If you know where to fly, you can go in without aggroing anything, and as long as a player doesn't spot your entry (or go around flaring everywhere), you can find a couple relatively safe places to stay stealthed with a Stealthman indefinitely (thats what I did).
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Well there are a few problems.

1) Org phases with other realms ----all the time---- in and out in and out. so even if you some how get the realm hopping to work, and jump on what seems like a low pop realm it could phase you into a merged one 2 minutes later. that's what the 'phasing' is for. To make it appear more people inhabit the world by showing more people in the same areas. It's hell on hunters trying to tame though. I sat for 11 hours straight once and I'm SURE it phased me all the time. Once I was ina group of 8 hunters, then suddenly they all dissapeared at once. I know they didn't all log off as a few weree still whispering me. BOOM it spawned where 'they' where but I wasn't. evne though I hand't moved or (Willingly) Realm hopped. Happened twice during that 11 hour camp.

Which leads to

2) Camping and timers can't be accurately estimated. As you might phase every 15 minutes, onto and off other realms. So you don't ever know if it spawned on your original realm or another realm you phased to, or one you phased back from. You could sit there for 11 hours like me and just happen to be on a 'different realm' when it spawned (Happened to me twice)

So... it really is just "Luck of the draw" Being lucky and being there when it pops up.

As for seeing the egg. Yeah you have to be BM to see it and click it, and as it's a spirit beast, you have to be a BM to tame it too.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

It really is a messed up situation. I thought my 7 hours was nuts but 11 is insane.

The strange thing about the egg/feather is it requires a level 110 BM hunter to click it, but once the mob spawns, a level 13 BM hunter can tame them. Its an odd situation but I believe its been reported.
Daisypoo

I have Gon now thanks to the very nice helpful people explaining how to realm hop to low pop rp realm.

I am thrilled! Seriously, thank you for that tip :mrgreen:
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'd forgotten to pick up this week's coins until the last minute before raid last night and my Dalaran hearthstone was still on cooldown. So I hearthed to Pandaria and took the portal to Org so that I could take the Dalaran portal from there. On a whim, I flew over to Gon's spawn point and...

I was a little surprised that there weren't any Alliance hunters there. I've usually seen at least one around when I've checked for the egg in the past.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

A little more information for both of these SBs:

-You can realm hop and tame them easily but it does seem that if you try with a lvl 100 (by going on your 110 main, clicking it, leaving group, then going on your 100) that Gon just goes poof.. don't think he was tamed or killed the only time Gon or the Spirit gryphon stay up it seems is if it's on your realm. I was so close to getting Gon on my 100 but got killed by a guard on my realm, on the other two realms I tried it on he wasn't ever there to tame. Now I can't be entirely sure if maybe he just has a timer that he's up as Gon then just fades away though along with the egg. But im pretty sure in a matter of 20 secs or so noone showed up to tame/kill him. But I did indeed just get the gryphon on my lvl 100 by having my 110 click the feather on my realm so baby hunter alts rejoice.

-It appears that the shorter respawn timer might be if the tame before hand failed. I've camped hours for the Spirit Gryphon but when my baby hunter unfortunately died taming Gon, he appeared again 45 mins later for another hunter.

-For ally hunters on my one hunter I was up in the air flying in orgrimmar with my lvl 110 and was scrolling over the hut to see if it showed any horde/ally hunter and I saw the words come up "spectral egg"! It seems that you can scroll over it while flying in the air, I was pretty high but not too high. Maybe something to check if you dont wanna camp per say or just wanting to fly through. Its a good way to assess your survivability at least lol.

Personally I gotta say I do really like Gon, I love them both actually which is great as I havent really liked the SB's prior to Loque/skoll. The fox is cool just wish they had an updated model for him.. and even though the gryphon is another spectral I still love him.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

sasrei7 wrote: -For ally hunters on my one hunter I was up in the air flying in orgrimmar with my lvl 110 and was scrolling over the hut to see if it showed any horde/ally hunter and I saw the words come up "spectral egg"! It seems that you can scroll over it while flying in the air, I was pretty high but not too high. Maybe something to check if you dont wanna camp per say or just wanting to fly through. Its a good way to assess your survivability at least lol.
Just to chime into this point real quick, as long as you are directly above something in game, there is no limited range of sight. :) You can fly all the way up to the 'ceiling', but as long as you're above it you will be able to see it, even if it's super tiny. The game only registers horizontal radius, not vertical, when it comes to that sort of thing. I don't remember the specific technicalities of it, but I remember learning about that from the old rare mounts site. They went into detail about it for the mysterious camel figurines and how you didn't have to be low to the ground to trigger NPC scan going off for them.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

I just got my Gon.

The other day I spent ~10 hours camping, then this morning I spent 5 hours camping.

The weird thing is that I had to log out for a quick bathroom break, then when I logged back in the blue egg was just sitting there waiting for me. So is there a proximity spawn blocker? I remember in Everquest there were certain tameables that wouldn't spawn if someone was in their room.

It would be interesting if WoW did start using the anti-camping system. :twisted:
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Pewmew wrote:So is there a proximity spawn blocker?
No I don't believe so. I was standing right next to the egg spawn and it popped. It's much more likely this was caused by a lucky CRZ phasing when you logged out and then back in.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Just tamed Gon a few minutes ago on Magtheridon - EU (3:15 PM server time).
When I came over to the location with (already active) Spectral Eggshell, there already was a Hunter of level 106, but he could not see and therefore interact with it.
Gon himself showed to him as level 106 when I spawned the Spirit Beast, but he could not start the tame regardless.