Gon Search Idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Gon Search Idea

Unread post by Vephriel »

I won't lie SB, I'm kind of feeling you there. He looks like someone upped the contrast to startling levels in photoshop, and it does have a sort of unintentional looking effect? :lol: I'm not bothered by it much myself, but it definitely looks different!
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

oh god this one might cause me some pain. I tried flying in and got 3 guards on me. once i got caught by the first one they seemed to keep spawning on me which makes it hard to get there. why did the raptor spirit beast have to be in a horde city!?
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Zangor wrote:oh god this one might cause me some pain. I tried flying in and got 3 guards on me. once i got caught by the first one they seemed to keep spawning on me which makes it hard to get there. why did the raptor spirit beast have to be in a horde city!?
When I went in, I stayed high above the flying guards until I got to where the hut was below me. I then lowered myself right up against the back of the hut (inbetween cliff wall and the hut with the pile). I didn't aggro a guard until I dismounted, but I took the one guard with me into the hut. I trapped him with frost trap, summoned Gon, and then killed the guard (which seemed to spawn an endless cycle of guards). So after about 3, I ran over to the tree (where a druid-cat is hanging out), dismissed pet, and feigned death there. I popped an invis pot once out of combat and then ran back to the cliff, mounted up and got out.

Not sure if that'll help, but maybe? IDK it was scary as an Alliance there (SW is way less secure imo XD)

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

UGH. This is what I get for losing partial interest in WoW and not paying attention to cool things. If you need Mia, she'll be in Orgrimmar. T-T

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

Bah, got to this too late. There's at least 20 other hunters there, with a ton of other horde lurking and demolishing any Alliance who come by. I hope the spirit gryphon is in Stormwind so Horde can feel our pain. :P
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Vephriel wrote:I won't lie SB, I'm kind of feeling you there. He looks like someone upped the contrast to startling levels in photoshop, and it does have a sort of unintentional looking effect? :lol: I'm not bothered by it much myself, but it definitely looks different!
Yeah i'm kind of torn on this one. I think hes pretty cool but the saturation hurts my eyes. :lol:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

SylviaDragon wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I won't lie SB, I'm kind of feeling you there. He looks like someone upped the contrast to startling levels in photoshop, and it does have a sort of unintentional looking effect? :lol: I'm not bothered by it much myself, but it definitely looks different!
Yeah i'm kind of torn on this one. I think hes pretty cool but the saturation hurts my eyes. :lol:
It's so bright but the more I have him out the more I like him. :D He's got that cool blacklight sort of look to him. <3 I was more excited about the gryphon earlier because it was perfect for my hunter, but now I'm definitely appreciating the raptor. :)
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (601.67 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

yeah there's like 10 horde camping it now. I appreciate that they hid them but inside different faction cities is just frustrating. I wish they would up the spawn rate of the items now that they have been found.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Can easily see griefing being an issue here.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It will be, as it has been in the past for other rares. The pet will spawn, and those who didn't hit Tame Beast first will decide to kill it rather than let someone else get it (even though this just makes it harder for everyone).
Diago

Unread post by Diago »

Well I sat there for a good 5 hours and nothing. Constant phases of ppl hopping in and out trying to nab my tame.

I'm honestly hoping there's a second spot unless blizz is this cruel lol
Larkspur
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Larkspur »

So we sat for about six hours waiting for an egg on WrA, didn't get one. Looks like it's a long respawn. :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The model appearance was a surprise. I had expected he'd be spectral like the Shaman pets, especially since the colouring is rather... unnatural.

Of the three Shaman raptor colours, the Frost is probably realistic enough to be used on a model without effects:

The lightning and fire less so:

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

curious question but will the class trainer aggro you at all or is it juts other player/guards you gotta worry about?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

its kinda funny, I'm ally on a horde dominant server (not my smartest choice), so I got a horde over to the spot and they are nice and orderly with each other, often reaffirming who has next tame and they are lined up. let an ally get nearby and they all turn into instant death machines :lol: gonna have to get lucky with Gon!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Zangor wrote:curious question but will the class trainer aggro you at all or is it juts other player/guards you gotta worry about?

Only guards and other players. When I went over there on my main, I just flew in straight from Azshara (I stayed above the flying formation of guards and then flew to the hut. I landed alongside the cliff (backside of hut). Dismounted, ran in. Trapped the one guard who aggro'd and other than that had no aggro and just tamed Gon. You can also probably use an invis pot and run into the hut, but you'll break invis once you click item. Once I killed the guard, then all hell broke loose, but by then I got Gon and was gone, lol

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Anyone have a picture of the Orgrimmar map where he is? I know there's pics of the hut, but no where on WHERE the hut is. I'm not familiar with Orgrimmar.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

Anyone have a horde that might pull me to their lower population server for a shot at Gon? I am an alliance hunter and its more than deadly right now to try to get a shot. There are always a pile of 110 horde hunters just standing there :) Thank you!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Myzou wrote:Anyone have a picture of the Orgrimmar map where he is? I know there's pics of the hut, but no where on WHERE the hut is. I'm not familiar with Orgrimmar.
Here ya go, tho you may already have found it by now. There's only one hunter sitting here on the Scarlet Crusade phase of Org I'm in, which strikes me as odd cos I could have sworn SC was in the same CRZ as Moon Guard and WRA, but it's only Feathermoon people here (and that's the server SC is CRd to, not CRZd to)
Attachments
goneggmap.png
goneggmap.png (973.96 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Diago

Unread post by Diago »

Well the egg finally spawned after countless camping hours, only to have it crumble and nothing to show up :(