Gon Search Idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Gon Search Idea

Unread post by Valnaaros »

No, because the Troll area is sealed off in that version of SoO, as are most areas in the city.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:No, because the Troll area is sealed off in that version of SoO, as are most areas in the city.
Yep, there's invisible walls on either side.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That figures. Ah well, it was a thought :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Ohmygosh I can calm down now. This was about 12-13 hours after the last spawn that we're all aware of. Same with the gryphon! They spawned about 40 minutes apart (I didn't tame it though)!

Attachments
Gon Tamed.jpg
Gon Tamed.jpg (162.07 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Gon and Krush.jpg
Gon and Krush.jpg (339.63 KiB) Viewed 3561 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

My friend combed those troll dungeons hoping to find something. *raptors..spirits* go figure.
Diago

Unread post by Diago »

Has the Gon bug been fixed yet for when you click his egg he doesn't spawn?
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

Diago wrote:Has the Gon bug been fixed yet for when you click his egg he doesn't spawn?

it sounds like some players had it happen..some didn't. the past few on my server have been fine. Mine was fine, got it the day after i saw the wowhead post.
ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

"As far as I know, you must be 110 to be able to get both of these. They're also Spirit Beasts, so BM is required.

You just click the item and that summons the creature, though it's a regular mob after that so there is the possibility that other people can kill or tame it first.

We don't really know spawn times yet, there have been reports of 30 minutes to 2+ hours.

You can tame either of them whether you're Horde or Alliance, it just makes it tricky if you're the opposing faction in the wrong city.

I believe the items only have a single spawn point, I feel like we would have heard of others by now, and they've been consistent at these specific locations across all realms so far."

Okay thank you for this information! Sorry for the late reply but I didn't realize I was typing at 6am in the morning! lol I needed sleep. But since you have to be 110 I probably won't try and go for these until after I get flying. Because of this expansion I've only ever had time to level one toon (my main a warlock) so my hunters and druid are on the back burner until then.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

For Alliance Hunters looking to tame Gon, I've managed to find a spot where the NPCs won't bother you and you can still very easily keep an eye on the spawn. Noticed when I was right at it that only the trainer right there seemed to alert the guards whereas the trainer not too far away ignored me due to the level difference. So I moved a bit to try find a spot away aaaaand no more Orcs trying to beat my face!

It won't help against mean-spirited players (Thankfully the one Hordie I saw was nice <3), but it'll at least stop you from having to fight off NPCs and spam the Horde's LocalDefense in the process.
Screenshot of the Alliance-friendly location
Screenshot of the Alliance-friendly location
WoWScrnShot_041517_002804.jpg (368.99 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
lolrofljkbbq
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by lolrofljkbbq »

If anyone has a 110 on a low pop server that would be willing to help it would be greatly appreciated. here for 12 hrs now and no spawn. battletag Blitzkrieg45#1947
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Also, if you do get the summoned guards, they go away with FD. I just sat there feigned the whole time, and every time the 6 minutes ran out I iced the guard that ran to attack me. Was never bothered doing that. It wasn't until another player came up and started killing guards that Horde players interested in killing showed up.

Whatever you do, DO NOT attack guards.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

moxo

Unread post by moxo »

Ok weird one, I realm hopped to Argent Dawn and saw the egg and clicked on it and nothing happened.

Thing is there was 2x other hunters from that realm there that didn't see the egg.

So what happened? is the egg phased to your toon and its unique timer based off your toon?

Either way i stopped realm hopping as it may caused the egg to do nothing.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I really hope they fix whatever this problem is!!! I am so upset...I was camping on a low population realm for hours and hours...and the eggshell spawned! I was so excited my hands were shaking! I clicked on the eggshell...and he didn't spawn. I wanna cry. I put in a bug report on the forums and in the game. I am just so bummed.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Amyliz »

I am afraid to try again..to wait and click and nothing..but I might. I'm a sucker for punishment...and I really want to tame Gon! Wish me luck
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Gon tamed on MG @ 10:18Central/Server time. Good luck.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Amyliz »

I don't know if I should be a separate thread for this but I just wanted to give a heads up!
Anyone attempting to tame Gon should learn from what happened to me.
First two attempts to tame after waiting for hours ended with no spawn
Third..finally got Gon!
Do not click on the egg if you are going to be interrupted!

That's why I believe I didn't get Gon to spawn the first two times. Both times I started clicking on the egg, got interrupted by a hostile guard, then ice trapped him and resumed clicking on the egg. No spawn.
The third time I was able to find the egg I made sure to get agro...trap the guard, and then click the egg uninterrupted. He spawned immediately on top of the skull pile.

Now this may not be the reason..maybe it was something else. But in all instances I was the only hunter there so it wasn't interference from someone else. I just wanted to give the heads up! It might be why some people have had the awful time I did the first two long waits for the egg.
If others have had different experiences we should compare notes!
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I hate CRZ in the cities...Raptors are my fave dino/animal. ANd Im stuck sitting here with 10 other asses literally standing and tossing toys on the point... WTB lo pop zone to get this guy..;_;

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Jelani wrote:I hate CRZ in the cities...Raptors are my fave dino/animal. ANd Im stuck sitting here with 10 other asses literally standing and tossing toys on the point... WTB lo pop zone to get this guy..;_;

If you're horde, I can pull you to FM/SC.

I technically have a high level alliance on FM/SC, but she might be tougher to get into Org.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Im horde, currently going on 2 and a half hours with someone with a mammoth on the spawn for the pact 45 mins >_< So I would love some help XD

Im Jelani#1928

EDIT: 3 and a half hours after I started camping...it shifts me to another Org out of the blue...into an org with more..all my time wasted..

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I've been checking and hanging around both spawn points, but being in WRA means there's always someone there. I meant to get up early this morning, but uh, the servers had issues. I might wait for the hype to die down before I consider going for either of them.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}