Fenryr can be tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sebinox
Realm: Silvermoon

Re: Fenryr can be tamed!

Unread post by Sebinox »

I was complaining I was getting a Mini Hati. Well, since this Wednesday's reset, he's now BIG! Not sure if other players can see it too.

Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

tried to tame, best can get is Fenryr to 20%-9% then fail.

*Congrats to those who can do this challenge in Mythic
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

I have tried and tried and tried. I just can't solo Mythic Fen, the adds overwhelm me and my tanking pet even at 897iL. I am envious of all you lucky and skilled enough to get him. T.T
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Bluefire wrote:I have tried and tried and tried. I just can't solo Mythic Fen, the adds overwhelm me and my tanking pet even at 897iL. I am envious of all you lucky and skilled enough to get him. T.T
Have you tried kiting him? I know quite a few people who couldn't tank'n'spank the boss, but managed to wear him down over time while running around the lake. Here's my post with more detailed info on how to or TL/DR with video below.
Shelassa wrote:Since my last attempts last week, I gained few ilvls ending at ilvl 887 with 2 legendaries equipped (Prydaz and Roots of Shaladrassil), with Titanstrike level 38. Stats: 34% crit, 6% Haste (lol) and 85% Mastery.

Build was the same as last time: Dire Stable, Dire Frenzy, Posthaste, Blink Strikes, Binding Shot, A Murder of Crows and Aspect of the Beast. Pet specced into Ferocity for extra DPS.

I goofed and killed Fenryr without turning recording on and had to return back with a guildie to reset the dungeon. In the end, I kited Fenryr with Fenryr (and no drums, because I wasted them on trash xD). You can watch the video here.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Shelassa wrote:
Bluefire wrote:I have tried and tried and tried. I just can't solo Mythic Fen, the adds overwhelm me and my tanking pet even at 897iL. I am envious of all you lucky and skilled enough to get him. T.T
Have you tried kiting him? I know quite a few people who couldn't tank'n'spank the boss, but managed to wear him down over time while running around the lake. Here's my post with more detailed info on how to or TL/DR with video below.
Shelassa wrote:Since my last attempts last week, I gained few ilvls ending at ilvl 887 with 2 legendaries equipped (Prydaz and Roots of Shaladrassil), with Titanstrike level 38. Stats: 34% crit, 6% Haste (lol) and 85% Mastery.

Build was the same as last time: Dire Stable, Dire Frenzy, Posthaste, Blink Strikes, Binding Shot, A Murder of Crows and Aspect of the Beast. Pet specced into Ferocity for extra DPS.

I goofed and killed Fenryr without turning recording on and had to return back with a guildie to reset the dungeon. In the end, I kited Fenryr with Fenryr (and no drums, because I wasted them on trash xD). You can watch the video here.

Know you weren't talking to me, but good advice. Tried kiting him, get him to 5-8% or 20-30% or so. Too overhelming fight, just giving up trying. Nice video though, you make it look easy
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Unread post by onenation777 »

Ok, I'm running into this exact same situation. iLevel 898, 2 legendaries *helm and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish*, pre-pot, flask, rune, food buff, BL from Corehound pet, best I've gotten him to is 34%. I get more and more frustrated with every wipe. He does teleport me sometimes while I kite him, and its instadeath, not even shell would help.

Suggestions? I'm specced with
Dire Stable
Dire Frenzy
Posthaste
Blink Strikes
Binding Shots
A Murder of Crows
Aspect of the Beast

My pet seems to lose aggro a LOT even with growl on and ESPECIALLY when he is rezz'ed.

Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Hey there, onenation777! I hope you will soon be able to snatch the bad pupper. He sure was an exercise in frustration. But think about it this way: you're soloing a Mythic dungeon boss, and that sure gives some bragging rights. The only thing that can trump that is soloing a raid boss, and there are very few people who did (and usually it's the punching bag Nythendra).

I am not sure if Growl works on Fenryr. I see my pet using it, but the effect it actually has on the aggro meter is rather minimal. One way or another pet will lose aggro every now and then and get mauled by the boss and the adds. This is why I suggest switching pet to Ferocity if you kite the boss - it will still die and lose aggro in Tenacity, so why not squeeze some more DPS out of it? If you want to make sure Fenryr is switching to the pet after you rezzed it, Feign Death and, if you wish, follow it with Misdirection. It will reset your aggro (unless it bugs out, which also happens frequently).

About teleport: I have tried to replicate this, but it just does not happen to me for some reason. It is not about the distance between the hunter and the boss for sure (provided at least Hati is alive), so the only thing I can think of is that he teleports if the pet is dead, Hati despawned and the Hunter is out of certain specific range. Besides the teleport thing, are there any other problems you're running into? If you want, write to me in PM and we can go over details to see if anything can be done :hug:
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I talked to a friend in game, who's a dwarf hunter - apparently Stoneform removes Fenryr's DoT.

So I ASSUME that means you can use the first aid luffa to also remove it.
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

I just spent a solid two hours trying again, still no luck. I'm at 896 ilvl, with Roar of the Seven Lions and Apex Predator's Claw. Even with kiting, the right talents, food and potions and flasks and drums, I just can't deal with the adds. After the second or third time he calls more, eventually there just get to be too many, and the second I stop to revive my pet yet again, they land on me and I die instantly. I don't know whether my reactions and button-presses are just too slow (very likely) or what, but I give up for this week again. I've been exceptionally rude to my cats irl while trying, because I was just getting more and more frustrated and discouraged. X( To anyone who's gotten him since the hotfix, you're awesome, I have no idea how you did it, unless 900+ ilvl and having Prydaz makes that much of a difference (it probably does).
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I wonder if ilevel 897 is enough in that case. I may wait until I get prydaz instead of just the pants.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I can't speak for the ilvl requirements for the tanking strat, but for the kite strat, I know its doable @ 887 (friend did it). I did it at 891. The thing with the kite strat is once you get a couple waves of adds chasing you, your ilvl becomes more and more irrelevant when it comes to survivability. It doesn't matter how large your ilvl is as a hunter, a bunch of adds are going to rip through you. Ilvl certainly makes it go quicker in terms of DPS, but I think movement speed is more important there, so I imagine either the aspect bracers or Sephuz is crucial. Without a movement speed legendary, then I guess you'd need more luck to make up for that.

Honestly, I think the kite strat just requires a big dose of patience and luck to accomplish. If he keeps porting you to him and theres a swarm of adds, aint nobody making it out alive over and over. When I did it, I just had to keep beating my head against it until I got lucky with ports. Execution is a part of course, but once you get the execution down pat, its just a matter of getting lucky long enough to whittle him down.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I tried again over the weekend and I just don't seem to make any real progress. I did manage to get Fenryr to 14% on one attempt, but the others were all 20-25%.

I seem to have two problems. One is that eventually, the adds pretty much destroy me. The other is my turtle keeping aggro. If/when he dies, I can't seem to get threat back onto him even with feign and misdirect. I poked around with different legendary combinations, but couldn't see any particular one making too much of an impact (I've got all of 'em for BM except the shoulders)
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

Yeah, I never got him down under 30%. x_x And the other problem I was having with getting aggro back on my pet is that there's a tiny window where your pet isn't actually alive yet all the way, and if you feign during that window, there are no more living things for Fenryr to target, and he despawns. Obviously it's just a matter of timing it right with speed and distance, but in panicked moments of flailing, it's easy to have that happen.
Novikova

Whoop! I got him down to 897, using my turtle and cleaving the crap out of adds. I had all consumables, used drums and prepotted. I also used the healy pants and disengaged to avoid the bled.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Novikova wrote:Whoop! I got him down to 897, using my turtle and cleaving the crap out of adds. I had all consumables, used drums and prepotted. I also used the healy pants and disengaged to avoid the bled.
So did you get him? (I think I read your post wrong but I'm reading it that you got him down to 897k hp...)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Novikova

Rhyela wrote:
Novikova wrote:Whoop! I got him down to 897, using my turtle and cleaving the crap out of adds. I had all consumables, used drums and prepotted. I also used the healy pants and disengaged to avoid the bled.
So did you get him? (I think I read your post wrong but I'm reading it that you got him down to 897k hp...)

Er, I did. I meant to say I was at ilevel 897. No idea what happened there. That'll teach me to post post-crazyshakey tame.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aww, then congrats to you!!! :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Novikova wrote:
Rhyela wrote:

Er, I did. I meant to say I was at ilevel 897. No idea what happened there. That'll teach me to post post-crazyshakey tame.
But those are some of the best posts 'round these parts!
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

decided to try again, after several tries of getting him down to 5%, 20%, 5%, 2% and finally tamed him. Glad tried again after all, he is a cool looking wolf
Novikova

Congrats! That's awesome!