Fenryr can be tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Irontagerr
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Fenryr can be tamed!

Unread post by Irontagerr »

Also, do you have to be group leader?
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

Irontagerr wrote:Also, do you have to be group leader?
No. I was not group leader during my Mythic HoV clear.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

If you are trying to solo and want an easier way past some of the larger trash packs, trying bringing invisibility potions of some sort - that should help a lot with the bigger pack at the beginning, and the one just inside the room that leads to the three wings. I had a whole stack of invis pots... on an alt. *sighs*
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Can confirm it's still working EU; 3-man cleared/killed Odyn, sat outside 45min, ran back in and tamed him.

Super happy as I don't have enough gear to solo. Lovely pet. <3
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Not sure what is going on with my lockout. Its been over 2 hours and still no Fenryr. There was another hunter in my clear group but they got theres around 30 minutes after the clear. Wish I knew what I did so I could share the warning with others. Not sure though.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Ok well this makes no sense to me at all. I did a mythic full clear with a group. Came back 1 hour later as all of the information is conflicting whether it's 30 min or an hour, and there is no pet to tame in his area at all. All of the mobs have despawned so I can walk through with no issues, and I know we left mobs in several spots. So this is not working for everyone.
Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Zyne »

Woot! I tamed mine this morning, so stoked!!! Will need to put him in my signature now haha I'll submit a screenshot soon :D at work at the moment urgh
Last edited by Zyne on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irontagerr
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Irontagerr »

Another question: If I already got Fenryr, can I group up with other hunters to help them get theirs? I wanna help a guildie get hers.
Zyne

Unread post by Zyne »

If you make sure your the first one on the dungeon.. yeah
Last edited by Zyne on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zyne

Unread post by Zyne »

Irontagerr wrote:Another question: If I already got Fenryr, can I group up with other hunters to help them get theirs? I wanna help a guildie get hers.
I would presume so :/ don't see why not
Last edited by Zyne on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Hey Gals and Guys,

At this point, the ability to be able to clear the instance with others within your group, go back and tame, is unintended and a glitch in the wowtirx. (As confirmed by blizzard)

This means that there is likely going to be varying results for people trying to replicate the glitch. Please be mindful that while it may be very frustrating that some can replicate this and others not, that this was not the way this tame was designed to be initiated.

On that note, this tame was planned by blizzard, and it seems very very VERY unlikely that they will remove the ability to tame it, but it may be fixed that it will only work as they intended. Please don't get too upset if this happens, but remember someone went to the effort to add a fun and interesting way to make Fenryr tamable for us all.

We are waiting to hear back from Bliz on whether or not this glitch method with be fixed, we will keep you up to date as soon as we find out.

** SIDE NOTE **

If you find someones posts breach the code of conduct please flag for admin to look at. I know out of frustration, misinformation and other issues, people can post challenging and inappropriate posts, but please try and rise above these and ignore them. If you feel you can't, report the post for moderation or even flag them as foe (within your personal settings under [User Control Panel] - Options) to limit your viewing of their posts.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

If it is done correctly and you wait the 30min for soft reset, when you enter Fenryrs area Odyn will speak of him... then you head over to the cave and he's in the back sleeping.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

If anyone's around that can help a baby hunter out (AKA someone who hasn't geared in a while and is sitting at about 845), I'd kill for some help on Alliance side! Just hit me up in PMs or what have you and we can trade battle tags. I've been dreaming about this darn wolf all night and could hardly sleep because of it.

Got a group! Mythics are fun.
Last edited by Lupis on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Birthday-wolf!
(It's like they were made for each other, they are one-eyed on the same side)
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

doubt i could solo it in mythic..

Was wondering if you had to clear the other bosses first or is there a straight path to Fenrir, dodging/clearing the obvious trash packs of course.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You have to kill Hymdall and Fenryr. The trash, if you are able to, can be skipped.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

When I take this on next week(since it's not going to work for me, 3 hours waiting after finishing the instance and no puppy) I'm going to do something I've not seen folks mention...

Switch to a spec with Camouflage. It's long enough to get you from the front to the first boss, then put yourself in a corner, change your spec back to BM, then do your thing. Then, it's second verse, same as the first when going into Fenryr's realm... camo will get you into his realm and then it's just the normal bob and weave...

Camouflage is a hunters best friend when skipping mobs. It works! Trust me.

EDIT

Folks, something else someone said to me 45 mins ago. And it's paid dividens. I sat directly OUTSIDE the 5 man instance for 30+ mins. Before, I finished the instance and did other things in other places, then came back 30, 45, an hour later and nothing. Well, I sat directly outside the instance for 30 mins. Did not go anywhere. Watched most of an episode of Iron Chef Japan. And I wondered into Fenryr's side on a whim, and Odyn spoke to me.... and there he was in the bottom cave. Edited video to come tomorrow (I had an epic adventure today) and screen shots right now for folks.

Side note, Fenryr glyphs glows when he runs, but does not glow when he walks. Interesting.

Last edited by Acadion on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:You have to kill Hymdall and Fenryr. The trash, if you are able to, can be skipped.
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but what kind of gear score are we looking at for Solo Mythic?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

SpiritBinder wrote: At this point, the ability to be able to clear the instance with others within your group, go back and tame, is unintended and a glitch in the wowtirx. (As confirmed by blizzard)
Yo whit, the tame was meant to be a *solo* challenge. As such, if you are able to *solo* to (and kill) Mythic Fenryr, it was intended that you would get a tameable version. But it had to be solo.

So even if you're unable to do it in a group, don't worry: it's not *completely* removed. They likely just set it so that you have to be doing it solo.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm at 900 and did it fairly easily. I would say, maybe 890+? Maybe 885 if you know what you're doing.