7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Unread post by Maizou »

So, this is something that's been rather large debate in the community for a while: Stable Slots.

Now, I'm the type of person who saw the new amount we had back in Mists and about crapped my pants in excitement, and wondered how on Earth anyone would fill it up.

Then... this happened: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... pet#119990

I filled up my slots, and had to release a few treasured pets in anticipation for Feathermanes and the potential Spirit Raptor. Now we found Fenryr and that's one of those freed spaces gone and I start to worry.

So, as a casual hunter who tames rare things and a few things he likes, my stable is full. This means those who are more hardcore and bonded to their virtual pets, the new families must be heartbreaking.

Since we know at least one dev reads this forum, I think it's time we band together and call for an increase in stable slots in 7.2.5!

On top of this, we should call for the return of "Call Stabled Pet," which left us way too soon. Having to constantly carry around a heroism and battle res pet, even while soloing, is not fun. Letting us use "Call Stabled Pet" to bring a res/hero pet when it's needed in a dungeon? That'd be great.

Instead of a cooldown, which caused issues with exotics, make it a regeant cost spell. Make a cooking recipe learned via pet battles. Like, "Extremely Aromatic Pet Treat" that "Calls a hunter's most faithful companions from anywhere to their side." When you use the spell, (or even make the treat itself act like the spell), you get the stable page.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: 7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Unread post by Tilo »

I dunno I think 50 is enough... just gotta pick n choose which ones you really want to keep, I do that on occasion, and end up freeing up a few slots. Although I understand for the completist, and what not 50 is far from enough. However... a portable stable would be a nice addition, to swap in/out those hero/brez pets... I kinda agree with your stable call idea of having it be able to use those abilities in a certain time frame during battle, but I mean, does everyone really carry 5 pets? On my Ally and Horde hunter I carry at most 4, 2 incl. the brez and hero/bloost pet.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm still of the opinion that 50 slots is more than plenty, but I would sincerely love to see the return of Call Stabled Pet in some fashion, it was incredibly convenient to have when you just can't make it to a stable master.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm getting pretty close to having my slots filled (well, once feathermanes are ACTUALLY tameable), but the only reason I would feel like I need more slots than 50 (55?) is because I have 7-15 pets that aren't aesthetically pleasing or that I want to use, but hang onto because pet family abilities are still so up in the air, and if they bring those back in the same fashion that they were like in Mists/WoD, I would be in kind of a crappy place trying to get those "best of a bad lot" pets back, because they're rare spawns or raid spawns or quest spawns.

I totally get why other hunters would have a larger stable than mine (and thus would want more space for it), but personally the only reason I would need it is because some looks are such a pain to get; once those pets get to a point where they're on a commonly-spawned mob (or a mob that you can force to spawn, like that one wyrven from the feathermanes thread) OR once pet abilities get nailed down into a better place, my needs may change drastically.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I actually use all 5 slots, tho some pets do see more action than others. Calling a stabled pet would be super awesome tho for when I end up in certain situations where I forgot to grab something special.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I would like to see more made available, but at the same time, when is enough enough? We can say 75 or 100, but in an xpac or two, will that be enough?

At the end of the day though, I don't see how it hurts anything to add more. Its not like it would negatively affect the game more than the 50 we already have. It would make some people happy without affecting those who don't require it, so its a win win. I guess we just have to wait to see which raid tier gets scrapped for it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

More might be added later on. Muffinus responded to someone saying that there won't be more slots in 7.2, but didn't say there are no plans.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Okay, so. Here's my opinion. I think the total slots should be up to 100.

But this is my idea: Make them purchased/unlocked with gold.
The first 50 would remain as it is now, free.
But for the extra 50, it would go something like this:

50-60: 5,000g
60-70: 15,000g
70-80: 25,000g
80-90 - 50,000g
90-100 - 100,000g

That way, if you want more pet slots, you can get them, but it adds a 'gold sink'. The prices may seem a little steep but if you really want something, I feel you can get it with a little work!

Just my opinion/idea of course.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I wouldn't be against that, but I guarantee that there will be some that will whine about the price.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Peridot wrote:Okay, so. Here's my opinion. I think the total slots should be up to 100.

80-90 - 50,000g
90-100 - 100,000g

That way, if you want more pet slots, you can get them, but it adds a 'gold sink'. The prices may seem a little steep but if you really want something, I feel you can get it with a little work!

I like that idea!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'd have no problem with buying extra stable slots. I hope they wouldn't make it insane, for each level. What is suggested sounds good.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I am quite happy with what we have now. At one point I had several hunters all maxed out but once the taming craze wore off I slimmed down the numbers and have quite a bit of free space open now.
If they ever randomly tossed in a few extra slots just to be nice I wouldn't complain, but I feel like what we have is more than enough.

Call stabled pet could be nice but now that you can run around with five pets on call with you at all times I'd say the number of times I would actually need the ability would be few and far between.

TL;DR
If they added more stuff i would be happy but I don't personally see a need to ask for anything. I'm good. :)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. I wouldn't mind if they gave us more, but I am happy with what we have. The fact is, there are usually only a handful of pets that we ever actually use. Even if you rotate through your stable, each pet only sees the light of day every so often. For most, a pet is tamed, shown off a bit, then stored away for a long time. These pets will eventually get removed once the new "in" pet or pet family shows up.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I'd use all of mine if we could just pick their skills. So many of my pets sit idle now because they don't have a (useful) family skill.
I still wish we could have all the stable pages show at once without having to use add ons.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Okay! Finally. Been trying to make an account with my main email forever but the activation key never sends, so had to make a new email lol.

Avid player here since 2005. BM Hunters been my main for years. NEED MORE SLOTS.

I'm an ocd aesthetic gotta make everything match tmog, mount, pet and companion collector. With the edition of feathermanes people like myself truly need more stable slots. I have like 3 left and haven't even tamed Fenrir yet.

I honestly wouldn't even mind paying real money for them, though I doubt they'd take it that far.... say $10 per 5 slots up to 100 slots total.

Please please please I was so butthurt when they said they wouldn't be adding anymore....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That was a while back. Muffinus said they weren't going to add more in 7.2, but didn't rule out it happening in the next patch or so.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

Peridot wrote:Okay, so. Here's my opinion. I think the total slots should be up to 100.

80-90 - 50,000g
90-100 - 100,000g

I really like this idea too, personally.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Xylexia wrote:Okay! Finally. Been trying to make an account with my main email forever but the activation key never sends, so had to make a new email lol.

Avid player here since 2005. BM Hunters been my main for years. NEED MORE SLOTS.

I'm an ocd aesthetic gotta make everything match tmog, mount, pet and companion collector. With the edition of feathermanes people like myself truly need more stable slots. I have like 3 left and haven't even tamed Fenrir yet.

I honestly wouldn't even mind paying real money for them, though I doubt they'd take it that far.... say $10 per 5 slots up to 100 slots total.

Please please please I was so butthurt when they said they wouldn't be adding anymore....
Honestly, I want more stable slots so badly that I would absolutely not be opposed to paying $10 a month until I opened up all 100. I love each and every one of my pets. I also collect them. Wanting more slots to fill with more pets does not equal mindless, meaningless taming. I know there's the timeless argument of, "Just make another hunter! Then you'll have 50 more slots to fill!" The problem with that argument is, I don't want my pets split up like that. My main hunter is the hunter I have had since 2004. I have put countless hours into her. I have sat for weeks, months, even years to get the rare pets I have in her stables. I don't want another hunter, I want the one I've always had, and worked so hard on to get what she does have. It breaks my heart looking at my stables, trying to let go of even just one pet, because I really enjoy the look of a new family, or have wanted a new tame since I first saw the model in-game. There's a reason why she's still running around with her original, pre-BC pets, yet my Horde hunter is sadly neglected and still has a nearly empty stable.

So whether it's by in-game gold, or real money, more stable slots need to at least be an option. If you don't want them, don't buy them. But don't condemn it for those who do want it.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I wouldn't mind extra spaces even though I would not be using it on my Gnome Hunter which almost exclusively uses Mech Pets. I also want extra active pet slots; 2 more would be perfect. 5/7 perfect score
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

It just occurred to me that more stable space means more dire beast calls with pretty pets (and less chance of calling my already-active pets and having weird duplicates).

I've changed my mind; I absolutely need more slots right now this second any minute now c'mon chop chop! (jk, but that is better incentive. Even if I don't use the pets actively very often, I still get to see them c/o the glyph, and that's a+ 10/10 yes pls!)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.