7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Chya wrote:Kinda of guessed the reasoning was cause of Pokemon, was going to make the 'gotta catch them all' as a joke. Turns out it's actually true, pretty sure Blizzard's view on the subject is the opposite of what you wish it to be. I still stand by what I said- we have more then enough. I'm not wrong on this. Curious, how often all those pets with 'sentimental value' attached even get used. After this though, I'm not wasting more time on this topic. You're not going to change how I feel on this, and I'm not going to change how you feel.
I agree with you, Chya. I'm not against more slots and wouldn't mind having more, but there is no way that all 55 pets get active use or all cared for equally. More often than not, whenever the new "fab" pet comes out (right now it is Gon and the Lost Spectral Gryphon), everyone tames them and struts them around for a month or so. After the fab dies out, the vast majority of people stash them away in the Stables. Some may continue to keep them out due to actually have an attachment to them, but most do not. I honestly do not think it is possible for someone to equally care about all 55 pets in their stable. I have several pets that I love, but I know that I do not care equally about all 50+ of them. Some I don't really care about, but have. Blizz is absolutely right in that we aren't supposed to be collectors/hoarders. Even if they gave us another 50 slots, there would be people who would go out and tame every unique/rare pet they do not have and fill them up. Without a year or so, they would be crying for more slots. There will never be enough slots.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Honestly this topic is way way too heated. I mean Blizz has already said they don't want hunters to be collectors. They didn't have to give as many stable slots as they did. They may change it and add more or they may not - whatever they decide.. tbh everyone just has to deal with it. And name calling imo is out of line, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong and vice versa.

somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

If Blizz doesn't want us to be collectors, perhaps they should stop adding new families and animal models to the game.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This is just an example of "I don't agree with it, therefore it should not be."

I don't like PVP. I think this game would be leaps and bounds better off without it. I have seen too many design decision affect PVE negatively due to PVP. As far as I'm concerned, its a blight. That being said, I know a lot of people enjoy it. Therefore I want them to continue developing and adding to, even though I actively believe its overall effect on the game is negative. I don't want others who enjoy something to be punished because I fail to see how they get any real enjoyment out of it. Having an opinion either way about it is fine, but I'm not going to let that opinion creep over into "they shouldn't do this and that."

Adding slots won't hurt anyone who doesn't utilize them. I'm personally down the middle on the topic, but I recognize others really want it and I recognize it won't hurt me not one nary bit if they did add more, so I'm OK with it because I know other people enjoy the game differently than I do. The stable page changing from "Page 1 of 5" to "Page 1 of 10" won't have an ounce of tangible negative impact on a single player who doesn't see value in it. The negative impact is all philosophical and theoretical. Its such an insignificant and harmless thing to campaign against. Nobody is losing a raid tier or other design cycles over adding more slots :lol:
Silivren

Quiv wrote:This is just an example of "I don't agree with it, therefore it should not be."

I don't like PVP. I think this game would be leaps and bounds better off without it. I have seen too many design decision affect PVE negatively due to PVP. As far as I'm concerned, its a blight. That being said, I know a lot of people enjoy it. Therefore I want them to continue developing and adding to, even though I actively believe its overall effect on the game is negative. I don't want others who enjoy something to be punished because I fail to see how they get any real enjoyment out of it. Having an opinion either way about it is fine, but I'm not going to let that opinion creep over into "they shouldn't do this and that."

Adding slots won't hurt anyone who doesn't utilize them. I'm personally down the middle on the topic, but I recognize others really want it and I recognize it won't hurt me not one nary bit if they did add more, so I'm OK with it because I know other people enjoy the game differently than I do. The stable page changing from "Page 1 of 5" to "Page 1 of 10" won't have an ounce of tangible negative impact on a single player who doesn't see value in it. The negative impact is all philosophical and theoretical. Its such an insignificant and harmless thing to campaign against. Nobody is losing a raid tier or other design cycles over adding more slots :lol:
Honestly that's how I feel too, my point was simply Blizz will do what they want. If they want to add more slots they will, if they don't then they won't. Unless they change their perspective, yes it is fact they've said they don't want hunters to be collectors. I'm sorry that upsets some people that just seems to be how they feel about the topic. They may change it or may not, it's truly up to them. If they choose not to then they won't. Maybe they want hunter's to pick and choose their pets and I come from a time when we only had 5, so 50 does seem like a lot.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its probably one of those things we all could use perspective on. Its easy to go to one extreme or the other and lose sight of the bigger picture.

-For those against, its really not going to hurt you if more is adding.
-For those for, if Blizzard's choice is 50 is enough, they've given us a lot already.
-(As mentioned in an earlier page) I'm for stable overhaul since its really a bit of an old system, but I don't expect that and am fine with it. We've been given a lot of attention and really spoiled in a lot of ways. I don't want my opinions to roll over into a sense of entitlement. :?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There are clearly different (and very strong) opinions on this, but remember to not make your responses into personal attacks.

It would also go more smoothly if opinions aren't phrased as absolutes, but that's not against forum rules :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Quiv wrote:We've been given a lot of attention and really spoiled in a lot of ways. I don't want my opinions to roll over into a sense of entitlement. :?
I think this is actually a very important thing to keep in mind! Hunters are kind of... becoming known in the WoW community as the whiny baby class. :x We get a TON of special attention that no other class could ever hope for- rares made just for us, rare PUZZLES made just for us, hundreds upon hundreds of pets, and new appearances added in regularly just because we broke the game and tamed something we shouldn't have been able to get. And... well, usually the response of the hunter community seems to boil down to "but why not MORE".

It's worth remembering that we get more than anyone else already. Bringing up the possibility of revamps is one thing- demanding them, or saying that we're entitled to more, is something else.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

I haven't seen any name calling and the strongest word I've used is "dislike", strongest phrase "speak for yourself"...

So agree to disagree at this point.

Making fun of a person because they really like an particular anime enough to theme a hunter around it is very rude though and borderline bullying.
Silivren

That's because the post that was name calling and bullying was removed after it was reported.

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

I still stand by wanting more slots. Yes we're spoiled. But unfortunately it's kind of the name of the game. Half of this class is about the pets. You can't just put us into the game without adding more tameable things every so often. Now, they didn't have to go through the trouble of challenge tames etc. That's where the true spoiling comes in.

Almost all of my pets are rare and involve a time sink, so I can't just get rid of them to make room. I regularly change my tmogs, so I'm always switching out pets. I'd say I use at least 80% of what's in my stable on a regular basis.

So more slots please. It's not like we're asking for an elaborate epic quest or fancy event or overhaul to get them. All we need is a little more server space and expansion of the original code lol
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Valnaaros & Silivren- ty, and agree it's up to Blizzard really. If they feel we don't need to be collectors and have another increase in slots, so be it.

Xylexia- Wasn't going to respond to this thread anymore, but being accused of 'Making fun of a person because they really like an particular anime enough to theme a hunter around it is very rude though and borderline bullying.' I wasn't making fun of you for liking Pokemon. You like that show, who cares what others say. Nothing wrong having a theme for your hunter. Was making fun of the phrase 'gotta catch them all'. Believe what you want though. I use names from shows/other games as well. Transformers, Rescuers Down Under, Final Fantasy. Laugh at me if you want, it's cool.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

FF7 is my favorite it's all good.
Draol
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Draol »

Blizz has stated so in the past, but they have also been known to change their minds, particularly if the community at large disagrees with them and makes requests for long enough. I don't see past statements on Blizzard's part to be a reason to disregard the subject. Blizzard seems to keep collectors in mind, considering the additions over the years of collections for mounts, battle pets, heirlooms, toys, and appearances.

Hunters get seen as 'whiny kids' because we used to be frequently suggested to new players as the 'easy mode' class back when leveling was difficult, particularly BM. So a lot of new players were playing Hunters which has lead to many of the stigma we still see lasting into today ('hunter weapon' has died somewhat but not turning growl off is still well and alive).

I would agree 50 was enough if Blizz didn't keep adding new beasts, new rares, and new challenge tames. Feels like, as a veteran, I'm unable to go out and do the new content Blizzard has added for my class because I have no space for it.

I'd also like to point out these arguments happen every time the subject of more stable space has come up. There were people defending only having 3 stable slots! This is why I think they should just have a collection system and be done with it. If they just add more slots we'll be right back here again in a few years. For those who don't like the idea, well, nobody would be forcing you to use it. This isn't an issue like flying mounts where it provides a significant gameplay change. It would be like pet battles, something you can completely ignore if you don't care for it, like you already ignore the extra pages of stable space.

And, I would argue that after our travesty of a class campaign we could use some more love :P (thought that veers into being off topic)
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

I actually enjoyed our campaign but it's not nearly as epic as some others, like the druids.

But that may be because they put so much attention into our pets, which I'm fine with.

A collection system would be neat but not sure how they would pull it off....

And like you said this wouldn't even be an issue if they'd stop adding challenge tames and new families lol even if you had one of each family that'd fill up over half of your stable.
Silivren

Trying not to go SUPER off topic but Hunter campaign is way better than mages. The mages campaign was so... I don't care about anything that's going on worthy I could die. And poor mages got the worst of the class mounts too. I shelved my mage out of frustration. D:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Quiv wrote:We've been given a lot of attention and really spoiled in a lot of ways. I don't want my opinions to roll over into a sense of entitlement. :?
I think this is actually a very important thing to keep in mind! Hunters are kind of... becoming known in the WoW community as the whiny baby class. :x We get a TON of special attention that no other class could ever hope for- rares made just for us, rare PUZZLES made just for us, hundreds upon hundreds of pets, and new appearances added in regularly just because we broke the game and tamed something we shouldn't have been able to get. And... well, usually the response of the hunter community seems to boil down to "but why not MORE".

It's worth remembering that we get more than anyone else already. Bringing up the possibility of revamps is one thing- demanding them, or saying that we're entitled to more, is something else.
Exactly. I see this happening very often where, despite the fact that we have been given so much, that people still keep asking for more as if we've been given nothing, or they acknowledge what we've been given but since it isn't something they really cared to have, they whine as if nothing was given.

Blizz doesn't have to give us anything. They do not owe us anything. At most, for those that want it, they can request that Blizz give us more slots. But demanding... No. Just no.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Peridot wrote:Okay, so. Here's my opinion. I think the total slots should be up to 100.

But this is my idea: Make them purchased/unlocked with gold.
The first 50 would remain as it is now, free.
But for the extra 50, it would go something like this:

50-60: 5,000g
60-70: 15,000g
70-80: 25,000g
80-90 - 50,000g
90-100 - 100,000g

That way, if you want more pet slots, you can get them, but it adds a 'gold sink'. The prices may seem a little steep but if you really want something, I feel you can get it with a little work!

Just my opinion/idea of course.
Yep I'm totally down with this. Although 50 seems like a lot if you've been playing a long time and have rares that you might not use all the time BUT would never want to camp again I think more stable slots would make life a lot easier. I would totally pay for the privilege as well no complaints either. I tried to cull my stable the other week but just...couldn't. Even some of the less rare pets were very hard to let go of for various sentimental reasons - I'd just love an extra 50 so I could tame and use some ordinary pet looks as well.

In addition I really don't understand anyone arguing against having more slots in general - if you don't want to fill them that's cool - no ones forcing you but others do like to collect, tame pets to match transmog - hell I went through a "stampede theme" stage so I don't see why we can't atleast ask for them? Considering how the transmog/pet/toy/mount system got updated this seems like a reasonable request tbh. As the game expands and grows so do we and our needs :) Just seems like a natural progression in the game to me.
Last edited by Castile on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Castile wrote:
Peridot wrote:Okay, so. Here's my opinion. I think the total slots should be up to 100.

But this is my idea: Make them purchased/unlocked with gold.
The first 50 would remain as it is now, free.
But for the extra 50, it would go something like this:

50-60: 5,000g
60-70: 15,000g
70-80: 25,000g
80-90 - 50,000g
90-100 - 100,000g

That way, if you want more pet slots, you can get them, but it adds a 'gold sink'. The prices may seem a little steep but if you really want something, I feel you can get it with a little work!

Just my opinion/idea of course.
Yep I'm totally down with this. Although 50 seems like a lot if you've been playing a long time and have rares that you might not use all the time BUT would never want to camp again I think more stable slots would make life a lot easier. I would totally pay for the privilege as well no complaints either. I tried to cull my stable the other week but just...couldn't. Even some of the less rare pets were very hard to let go of for various sentimental reasons - I'd just love an extra 50 so I could tame and use some ordinary pet looks as well.
I'm still very much in favour of this style of expansion. I don't want more slots myself and would hate to have even more extra space, but if they made it unlockable in the same way, say, our bank slots are then I just don't have to buy the expansion and can keep mine personally smaller. I think it's a really nice compromise.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Valnaaros wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:

Exactly. I see this happening very often where, despite the fact that we have been given so much, that people still keep asking for more as if we've been given nothing, or they acknowledge what we've been given but since it isn't something they really cared to have, they whine as if nothing was given.

Blizz doesn't have to give us anything. They do not owe us anything. At most, for those that want it, they can request that Blizz give us more slots. But demanding... No. Just no.

Pretty much this sums up my own opinion on the subject.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising