Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Unread post by Amyliz »

I was going to fly around the guard towers in Easter Plaguelands with track hidden on. If I remember correctly, once all the rides from guard tower to guard tower were spectral gryphons! Any other good ideas to check? I am hoping we don't need the Feathermane book since this one is classed as a Spirit Beast :)

Edit: No luck checking the towers with a macro and find hidden active :(

-I ran all of Zul'Aman dungeon looking for Gon the spirit raptor too, since there were other spirit animals as part of that dungeon. No luck
-Checked Stranglethorn ruins and Zul'Gurub for Gon- no luck
-Ruins of Theramore nothing there that I could find
-Raptor colonies in Dustwallow Marsh - nothing
-Wheelgar's Excavation in Wetlands since there are animated skeletal raptors - nothing
- Raptor Ridge in Wetlands and cave - nothing
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Only just realised there was a spirit beast raptor being added! Very exciting. <3

I'm thinking maybe Isle of Thunder for the raptor? For the gryphon i remember some spectral gryphons at the Forgotten Shore in Dragonblight - might be worth a look.

Edit: Maybe worth checking around Zul'Drak as well - Gon, Gondria, etc
Last edited by Kaiarra on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Amyliz »

Thank you for those good ideas!
Tried the Forgotten Shore..there are riders on spectral gryphons! I couldn't find a way to get the rider off them without killing them. And I didn't see anything obvious to summon one :( was a great idea though!
Lynxwing
Realm: Illidan, Garrosh, Firetree, Garona

Unread post by Lynxwing »

I also checked Thunderfall in Storm Peaks since there are spirits there, but no luck yet. Does anyone know if they have been added in for certain yet?
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Not sure if any of them have been confirmed. Apparently there's a corrupted hippogryph called 'Lalathin <Elisande's Pet>'.
I also wonder if the gryphon needs feathermane taming unlocked when its flagged as a spirit beast; if it does we have a pretty long wait.

Theres a tiny bit more info here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=260797/hunt ... mane-tames

Links to the three on wowhead:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=121567/lost-spectral-gryphon
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=121571/gon
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=121540/lalathin
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Good work guys! Please keep an eye out :)

Neither the spirit gryphon nor raptor (nor fel hippogryph?) have been confirmed as being in the live game, so I hate to encourage you to pursue a potentially futile activity. But if they are in then it'll be awesome to find them :)

You'll notice on another thread that a number of community members, including Valnaaros (who I suspect is an elaborate WoW bot at this point, or he never sleeps! :D ), Quiv and a few others have searched very heavily, but these things could easily have been missed - especially since the discovery of multiple new rares that are so heavily stealthed you have to be within yards of them to detect them. Also, any or all of these NPCs could rely on tricks to summon and nobody has found the right object or worked out what to do with it yet.

Cross fingers for finding them, though :) Especially the spirit ones since they should be tameable right now, instead of in 3 months when Feathermanes are tameable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Wain wrote: .... but these things could easily have been missed - especially since the discovery of multiple new rares that are so heavily stealthed you have to be within yards of them to detect them. Also, any or all of these NPCs could rely on tricks to summon and nobody has found the right object or worked out what to do with it yet.
Indeed! For instance, I'm willing to believe that Squirky is actually in the game right now, and we just haven't yet found whatever is needed to summon him.

Think of how long it took to find the secret Gnomeregon boss. :)

Blizzard crammed a lot of hidden things into the game; it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are definitely in game, and just well hidden away somewhere!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

More the fact that I don't sleep a lot ;)
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Valnaaros wrote:More the fact that I don't sleep a lot ;)
Haha, I wish I had your patience to endlessly search for things! I just can't bring myself to do it without a confirmation they're actually in game.
Would kill for the raptor, but at this stage chances are it's something horribly obscure/stealthed or it's not in game.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

(concerning Squirky I bet it will be from the murloc hatching micro holiday that's coming up.)

Anyway, wasn't there some interesting gryphons flying around the top of Kara? I recall them having different appearances in and outside of the 70 raid but i can't remember if it was spectral & undead or normal & undead.
My computer is too beat up for me to log in anymore so i can't go check on my own & have not seen the 5 man version so I don't know what its like over there anymore. =/

Other guess:
since its spectral and has been used as a flying mount when you die, maybe you first have to find or interact with it while dead?

As for the corrupted hippogryph if its not hiding out in Night hold/Suramar then it could be something time gated that has not been unlocked yet.

No ideas for the raptor if its not on isle of thunder (or maybe giants)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

SylviaDragon wrote:(concerning Squirky I bet it will be from the murloc hatching micro holiday that's coming up.)
They've already guaranteed that there wouldn't be achievements, pets, mounts, or gear from those holidays.
Anyway, wasn't there some interesting gryphons flying around the top of Kara?
Actually, yes. At one point there were some. That's a really good point; I'd forgotten all about those!

Another thought I had was that the mount's color text might have something to do with it, but the character who makes the comment(s) only mentions "a friend returned".

Still, she's a Wildhammer. Has anyone explored Twilight Highlands?
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Amyliz »

Thanks for all the continued encouragement and more great ideas to search out! I haven't explored Twilight Highlands yet for the gryphon.
I did spend some time yesterday sweeping Gorgorond for Gon...no luck yet there either.

:D Good luck to us!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oh. I forgot to cut and paste it.

The color text for the spectral gryphon mount reads as follows:

"When you said an old friend was coming back, this was not quite what I expected. -Bralla Cloudwing"
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Many of the locations mentioned have been searched by myself, Lupen, and Quiv. I have spent many, many, many hours in the ptr searching those locations multiple times and to no luck :/
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Honestly, I feel like I have to go over every single spot I searched now... Who knows what they could have held off putting in on the ptr. I just hope they are obtainable.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I kinda get the feeling Gon will be in a low level Horde zone to mirror Lightning Paw.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I was considering for a while, and actually wonder if the spectral gryphon might be something we need to wait on. It might be too much of a tease to be able to tame a gryphon-like spirit beast before we can tame the gryphons themselves.

Gon, I don't see as much of an issue with having him in now, but I can't help but feel that the gryphon might be unavailable until we can get their non-spirit buddies. I dunno. That may just be a gut suspicion.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Still crossing my fingers for that Fel Hippogryph....granted we don't need it for a couple months. :lol: But I do hope it makes it in!

The spirit raptor is such a tease too...
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I ran through the Wailing Caverns a couple of times since I was in the area anyway (the battle pet dungeon was fun btw :D), in hopes of bumping into Gon in there. Ended up coming out with some new transmog looks to my name, but not much else. :(
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Vephriel wrote:Still crossing my fingers for that Fel Hippogryph....granted we don't need it for a couple months. :lol: But I do hope it makes it in!

The spirit raptor is such a tease too...

Lalathin was tagged tameable and is now on wowdb (used to just be on Wowhead and while we assumed she was tameable we never knew for sure) so I think it's safe to say she is in. Somewhere...

Though it's kind of hard to look without flying and tome :( And I checked every inch of Suramar during the ptr. So unless something changed with live I'm stumped. Even checked Elisande's secret room in Nighthold.

http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/121540-lalathin

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |