Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gigabear
Realm: Suramar

Re: Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFI

Unread post by Gigabear »

Valnaaros wrote:You're making it into a much bigger deal than it really is.
At the risk of repeating myself. This is a subjective determination. What is not a big deal to you can be completely show stopping for someone else. You're making a factual statement out of an opinion. I will totally spend the next 6 months arguing with blue on the forums, twitter, and everywhere else in creation until they respond to this if it comes to that. THAT is how much them taking this pet has hurt. Don't think I won't do it either. It would not be the first time.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Valnaaros wrote: Do you know how many things are fixed every week, but are not mentioned? The notes would be far, far longer if Blizz included every single thing they did, and they put things on the list that warrant mentioning. .
This! ^

So a few months back I bought a pet off the AH for 200,000g. It was meant to be much more according to prices but I lucked out. Why so expensive? Because this pet could only be obtained via an achievement in a mythic raid.

Now this pet was not for me but for a mate who is a massive pet collector, neither of us really raid so this pet was never going to happen. So I yeah I grabbed it in anticipation for this birthday.

About a month before his birthday, in a random patch, they changed this pet to soulbound.... No warning, No mention, Nothing in the patch notes. Now I have this pet, still stuck in my bags, I don't really collect them, and I've essentially wasted 200,000g and don't really have anything for him online I can give him....

Bliz does what that wants, sometimes it really sucks. :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Very good example, Spiritbinder :D
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

This whole puppy thing is getting out of hand which we wanted to avoid at the start do we miss puppy yes we all do and what happened is unfair but pestering Blizzard for an answer isn't the way to go they are only human and make mistakes. Maybe it was the players flaunting the thing in front of those who didn't get one seeing so many got one others more than one on many hunters or maybe it was the players whining on the forums we were exploiting so they removed it.

If you had a choice to keep puppy but be banned and suspended then when you come back it is still gone or would you want to keep playing knowing we had fun times with puppy and there are some on the Discord wanting to ask for some toy to make our pets like puppy I for one would rather play and keep my memories of the fun I had camping Gon with puppy out getting stares but I wasn't flaunting I think we all got lucky no one got banned.

Remember the times we had with puppy with honor and know they were fun while we had them and that #puppygate will live on forever.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Valnaaros wrote:I had the Pup and have the Scorpid. And, like you, I have been playing a Hunter since Vanilla days. I have several pets that I am very attached to. I would be a bit upset were they removed. But this is an entirely different case. We knew that there was a chance that the Pup could be removed. I warned everyone on the first page to keep that in mind and to not get too attached to them.
/thread

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Gigabear
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Gigabear »

Iowawolf wrote:This whole puppy thing is getting out of hand which we wanted to avoid at the start do we miss puppy yes we all do and what happened is unfair but pestering Blizzard for an answer isn't the way to go they are only human and make mistakes.
I don't think you fully appreciate how much I miss him. I've got nothing better to do than try and get my friend back. At this point I don't think even an explanation is going to cut it. This is malicious game development of the highest order and I am compelled to oppose it on moral grounds if nothing else.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

Iiiiii also think this thread has run its course on that note. :?

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I think you may be right, all opinions seem to be covered :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­