The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found in NH

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found in NH

Unread post by Quiv »

Now that the Spirit Beasts have been found, I figure we can start up a thread for ideas on Lalathin, the Fel Hippogryph. Edit: Lalathin has been found in Elisande's secret chambers in the Nighthold raid, but only during World Quest: The Nighthold: Love Tap. More info starting here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 22#p577722

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=121540/lalathin

Last edited by Quiv on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin)

Unread post by Valka »

Have you tried bringing up this topic in the Secrets Discord (hunter pet section)?

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Might be a stretch, but given Elisande's history (since it's her pet) with demons & the recent world quest area, maybe it's got something to do with the tomb, instead? Or that fel/demony area to west of Suramar. (Trying to go off it's colours.)

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

https://discord.gg/QAM52Jk if you need the link to join

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't personally use discord, but hey we can use all the help we can get for sure!

As for search areas, many places even outside of Suramar have been searched. It could very well be on the Broken Shore. I think we need some fresh eyes and ideas, similar to how someone discovered the Spectral Feather/EggShell that really set in motion the finding of the Spirit Beasts. Any and all ideas welcome! We're missing something so the more the merrier.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

Does she summon him at any point during any difficulty *outside lfr* when you encounter her in NH?

hmm..maybe it involves a hunter ch mission, where you get an item that takes you to NH...where you tame it?
Last edited by muajin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

muajin wrote:Does she summon him at any point during any difficulty *outside lfr* when you encounter her in NH?
Nope! No hippogryphs at all during her encounter.

The fel hippogryph is the model I'm personally looking forward to most from the feathermanes, so I hope we find a lead soon. :) I'll try looking around since I have flying but, without anything to go on it feels like a needle in a haystack. T-T
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

i am on my pos slowwww laptop, which has trouble playing..even on LOW, until next tuesday. *on vacation in the states with my mom, so i dont have my gaming pc*
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I've had a low level flying around Suramar and Broken Shore in case Lalathin is stealthed flying. Netherbeak will unstealth and peck the !@#$ out of a low level so its easier for them to draw out the stealth hostiles.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

so. guessing
1. not during an encounter.
2. nobody has reported a ch mission involving something odd that might link something, like a feather, to the pet.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Lalathin (unless broken) is in game, according to a post by Muffinus a month or so ago. Whether we can actually find her is another matter. We might need the tome to even be capable of summoning/spawning her. We definately will for taming her. Whilst I have been and still am looking around, I'm not overly concerned with finding her until we can actually get the tome.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

i thought the tome was already available when you unlock your traits.
ahh..guess not. i read prob not until June, stupid gates.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Valnaaros wrote:Lalathin (unless broken) is in game, according to a post by Muffinus a month or so ago. Whether we can actually find her is another matter. We might need the tome to even be capable of summoning/spawning her. We definately will for taming her. Whilst I have been and still am looking around, I'm not overly concerned with finding her until we can actually get the tome.
I didn't realize he confirmed Lalathin. I saw the Spectral Gryphon confirmation. I'll see if I can find it and link it.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Quiv wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Lalathin (unless broken) is in game, according to a post by Muffinus a month or so ago. Whether we can actually find her is another matter. We might need the tome to even be capable of summoning/spawning her. We definately will for taming her. Whilst I have been and still am looking around, I'm not overly concerned with finding her until we can actually get the tome.
I didn't realize he confirmed Lalathin. I saw the Spectral Gryphon confirmation. I'll see if I can find it and link it.
I was the one who tweeted him asking about the fel hippogryph at the time. :) It's cryptic but it sure sounds like a tease that it's in the game to me:

(I don't use twitter much at all, really just for stuff like this every now and then, so I'm not sure how to find/link the tweet itself)
Attachments
t.png
t.png (239.25 KiB) Viewed 5157 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Thanks Veph! That also confirms we got us a bit of a hunt on our hands too.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I just wanna pitch in that, even though I have no interest in this thing, I was curious about the uninstanced Nighthold area. I went exploring now that flight is available, and looked in every corner for anything clickable. Every area that was open, every place I could sneak into, and every place where enemies killed me and forced me to run back/res sickness. Not a single clickable thing anywhere, as well as nothing visible with Track Hidden or Track Beasts.

Elisandre must have a summer home somewhere.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I searched that place pretty thoroughly both in the ptr and Live. Didn't find anything.

Suramar is really the only place that makes sense for it to be. Elisande and the Nightborne have been underneath an arcane shield for 10k years. They never could leave, nor did they want to. During that time, they weren't using Fel magic, so Lalathin becoming her pet is a fairly recent thing.
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Perhaps it's the same trick as Fenryr.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Valnaaros wrote:I searched that place pretty thoroughly both in the ptr and Live. Didn't find anything.

Suramar is really the only place that makes sense for it to be. Elisande and the Nightborne have been underneath an arcane shield for 10k years. They never could leave, nor did they want to. During that time, they weren't using Fel magic, so Lalathin becoming her pet is a fairly recent thing.
They appeared to have SOME form of wildlife within the dome with them (and I don't mean the zoo, I know that one's a recent addition), it's not too far out of the realm of possibility to assume that they've had hippogryphs with them. The hunter quest for the new champion talks about the Nightborne/Felborne capturing and juicing up wildlife with fel. That's the only real lead I would think we have right now.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I searched that place pretty thoroughly both in the ptr and Live. Didn't find anything.

She must have got out just in time to buy one of the last-available fel hippogryph TCG cards :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.