The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found in NH

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin)

Unread post by Valnaaros »

viaradda wrote:Perhaps it's the same trick as Fenryr.
I've already tried using the trick (bug) in multiple ways, to no result.

[/quote]They appeared to have SOME form of wildlife within the dome with them (and I don't mean the zoo, I know that one's a recent addition), it's not too far out of the realm of possibility to assume that they've had hippogryphs with them. The hunter quest for the new champion talks about the Nightborne/Felborne capturing and juicing up wildlife with fel. That's the only real lead I would think we have right now.[/quote]

They certainly could've had Hippogryphs, but they don't live for ten-thousand years. We don't know exactly how long they live, but it couldn't be more than a century or so. Even still, the fel corruption had to have happened very recently, and Elisande has only be dead for a couple of months now. So, Lalathin would've been without her owner for two-three months.
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Valnaaros wrote:
viaradda wrote:Perhaps it's the same trick as Fenryr.
I've already tried using the trick (bug) in multiple ways, to no result.
I was talking about the intended method, not the bug.

In other words: perhaps it spawns if you solo Elisande.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Oof. Except Elisande is a raid boss and not a dungeon boss. Unless they don't want us getting this for 3-4 years, I don't think it's likely to be that. Have people gone through Cathedral much yet? It might be in there...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

If it's set up the same way fenryr was i'd guess it's either court of stars or arcway. cathedral could work too at a stretch. any chance it nested somewhere on/near the top of the tomb?
viaradda

Nachtwulf wrote:Oof. Except Elisande is a raid boss and not a dungeon boss. Unless they don't want us getting this for 3-4 years, I don't think it's likely to be that.
Elisande will be soloable well before that. A Hunter recently soloed Renferal, which is just one tier behind. So it won't be surprising if someone manages to solo Elisande in ToS gear.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Elisande isn't soloable. There are too many mechanics that require for there to be multiple people. You would have to have the dps to down the adds fast enough in order to avoid the rings. You would have to be able to survive the orbs, of which three-four drops at a time. If any touch the ground, then they all cause massive damage. In P3, you have to keep interrupting her spell, which happens every few seconds. It is not a fight that, at this time, can be soloed, and won't be for quite a while.
Chaix wrote:If it's set up the same way fenryr was i'd guess it's either court of stars or arcway. cathedral could work too at a stretch. any chance it nested somewhere on/near the top of the tomb?
The top of the Tomb has already been checked, and Mythic Cathedral can't be soloed right now.
viaradda

Valnaaros wrote:Elisande isn't soloable. There are too many mechanics that require for there to be multiple people. You would have to have the dps to down the adds fast enough in order to avoid the rings.
Sure, but a ToS-geared hunter might have enough DPS. And you can always run through the rings if necessary - they don't do that much damage on normal.
You would have to be able to survive the orbs, of which three-four drops at a time. If any touch the ground, then they all cause massive damage.
The damage is not that great on normal. It should be survivable, at the very least with Prydaz.
In P3, you have to keep interrupting her spell, which happens every few seconds.
Interrupt what you can, and when stacks get too high let your pet die and rez it to clear stacks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

1) Keyword is might have enough dps, and it varies between specs. You're speaking from a BM perspective.

2) That is if you have Prydaz. Not everyone has Prydaz, and a pet shouldn't be designed around it.

3) That is assuming that, once you're pet is dead, that it can even regain agro once rezzed. There is also the issue of Conflexive Burst, which you would have to deal with more often than you have a heal or shield CD.

Killing Elisande solo is not how you get Lalathin. It is a completely different ballpark than soloing a mythic dungeon. Most likely, spawning Lalathin involves something long and convoluted.
viaradda

Valnaaros wrote:1) Keyword is might have enough dps, and it varies between specs. You're speaking from a BM perspective.

2) That is if you have Prydaz. Not everyone has Prydaz, and a pet shouldn't be designed around it.

3) That is assuming that, once you're pet is dead, that it can even regain agro once rezzed. There is also the issue of Conflexive Burst, which you would have to deal with more often than you have a heal or shield CD.
I didn't say that it would be certainly soloable with ToS gear, just that it might be. They may have figured it would be possible with 7.3 or later gear, and just put it in earlier to give a chance for some extremely skilled hunters to do what is thought to be impossible.

I don't see Confliexive burst as a problem with only one player. It's not that much damage on normal.
Killing Elisande solo is not how you get Lalathin. It is a completely different ballpark than soloing a mythic dungeon. Most likely, spawning Lalathin involves something long and convoluted.
You don't know this. We don't know that anything isn't the right answer until someone rules it out by trying it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's all of those things added together that would make it extremely difficult, if not possible. Besides, Muffinus stated that Lalathin is in the game, if we can find her. I doubt that it is as simple as trying to solo Elisande.

True, I don't know for 100% certainty, but I am pretty darn sure that it isn't how it is done. I doubt Muffinus would put a pet into a game that absolutely no one can get for a couple of patches.
Alina
Realm: MoonGuard-(H)

Unread post by Alina »

I've heard rumors from players that have encountered a strange cloud in Suramar lately, both from independant sources that didn't know each other. The first was of someone who flew through a cloud hearing the squawk of a hippogryph. The second one went a little further and said it was a thundercloud attacking them, following them down from the air. Both were from 110 hunters. Tokoro (the person I heard second-hand about this rumor from) then questioned them further and said they were outside the Menagerie in Suramar.

I've been keeping an eye out for strange looking clouds since. This may just be a cold trail, leading to nothing but it's better than nothing. I also tend to think where there is smoke, there is fire.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Just flew around there for ~10 mins and didn't see anything. I didn't see anything during the ptr, either, and I went through Suramar and Suramar City multiple times.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

Alina wrote:I've heard rumors from players that have encountered a strange cloud in Suramar lately, both from independant sources that didn't know each other. The first was of someone who flew through a cloud hearing the squawk of a hippogryph. The second one went a little further and said it was a thundercloud attacking them, following them down from the air. Both were from 110 hunters. Tokoro (the person I heard second-hand about this rumor from) then questioned them further and said they were outside the Menagerie in Suramar.

I've been keeping an eye out for strange looking clouds since. This may just be a cold trail, leading to nothing but it's better than nothing. I also tend to think where there is smoke, there is fire.
I've also heard these rumors. Hopefully it isn't a dead end.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Exactly where by the Menagerie? Further into the city? By the outskirts?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I want this to be something, but its hard to really go on. I flew around as well looking for any sort of out of place cloud. I then tried a 103 since they would aggro anything aggressive from a distance but nothing.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I haven't seen anything, either. Searched a good 30 mins or so all over Suramar City, Suramar, in nearby zones. Even realm hopped. Didn't see anything. Without more info and evidence, I'm not even sure if this is actually something.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ensure your disguise is off too. If it's stealthed and non-aggro to Nightborne then it may pass you by without you realizing it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I mean, there isn't anything there that isn't always there. They said there was a weird Thundercload floating around, but I saw nothing of the sort anywhere. Besides, I didn't have the disguise on.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

I'm going to fly around Suramar for a while and will be back with any findings.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Telanaria

Unread post by Telanaria »

Valnaaros wrote:I searched that place pretty thoroughly both in the ptr and Live. Didn't find anything.

Suramar is really the only place that makes sense for it to be. Elisande and the Nightborne have been underneath an arcane shield for 10k years. They never could leave, nor did they want to. During that time, they weren't using Fel magic, so Lalathin becoming her pet is a fairly recent thing.

We still can't know if Lalathin is a new pet or not from that information.
Lalathin could've been a normal hippogryph that has turned corrupted after they started working with the Legion.
So Lalathin could've been Elisande's pet for a long time, but just recently transformed.