The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found in NH

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found i

Unread post by Shelassa »

Hey Tsukina!

I have not tamed the hippogriph myself yet, but I have seen many complaints about how loud and noisy the pet is, so I am sure it is not only you. Here's to hoping Blizz will fix him!
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

It's not. It keeps spamming its roar. I want to love him but dang.

Also I am online if someone needs a lockout H-side.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tsukina wrote:First of all I apologize for my horrible English.

I have managed to tame the vile hippogriff of Elisandre, but he does not stop shouting ...

It can literally roar 6 times in 5 seconds...

It is only mine? or happens to all?, when I opened the cage (before taming it), I kept screaming.

- - -

Ante todo perdon por mi horrible ingles.

He conseguido domar al hipogrifo vil de Elisandre, pero no para de gritar...

Literalmente puede rugir 6 veces en 5 segundos...

Es solo el mio o pasa a todos, cuando abri la jaula (antes de domarlo), no paraba de gritar.
This is happening with all of them unfortunately. :( Feathermanes are bugged and for some reason repeatedly performing their idle animations, but Lalathin in particular has sound emotes to go along with them, so it is just...very very noisy.

I can tolerate it because of how much I've been anticipating this pet, but of course I'd like to see it fixed. I've submitted a bug report in game, and I'd recommend everyone else do that too if you haven't already, hopefully it'll get their attention sooner rather than later.
Novikova

Good idea. I put in a bug report.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I left a subtle note on Twitter ;)

• "I shall name you, Blahlahlahlalathin!"
#snicker
Attachments
Blahlahlahlahthin.jpg
Blahlahlahlahthin.jpg (228.19 KiB) Viewed 3097 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lalathin is just so happy we rescued her, she can't stop won't stop singing our praises.

Over

and over

and over

and over
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Quiv wrote:Lalathin is just so happy we rescued her, she can't stop won't stop singing our praises.

Over

and over

and over

and over
:lol: As long and it can be, for every minute, of every day

­
­
­
Novikova

I can turn off pet noises for soloing but it's a shame I can't really use him in raids without irritating the stuffing out of everyone. :(

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Joined a Nighthold PUG and tamed Lalathin when it was done. Joining the crowd annoyed by constant yapping :D

P.S. And now I even more wish that Lalathin (and other old hippos) could have Play-type button to ground their asses. Or followed the wolfhawke model - running when out of battle, lifting up to attack when in combat. Oof.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Shelassa wrote:P.S. And now I even more wish that Lalathin (and other old hippos) could have Play-type button to ground their asses. Or followed the wolfhawke model - running when out of battle, lifting up to attack when in combat. Oof.
I would love this...
funk#1402

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

a m e n, I love the old hippogryphs but the ground animations are so much better. It'd be neat if they did the player kind of thing where once they hit a certain speed they switch from ground animations to flying animations (for players I think it's 151% run speed where you swap from the run animation to the sprint animation), but a play button would be fantastic too.

I'm just not sure if the tech is readily available for that right now, and that'd be something I think would be unlikely to see use if it had to be done from scratch :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Xella wrote:I'm just not sure if the tech is readily available for that right now, and that'd be something I think would be unlikely to see use if it had to be done from scratch :(
I honestly am unfamiliar with what kind of tech Blizzard is using and agree that they might be constrained by engine and whatnot in what they can and can not do.

But I still hope a hotfix for Blahlahlahlathin will be rolled out soon :D
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

I'm going to suggest to them again they add a combat toggle to all those that can run and fly. In combat, they switch to flying stance, out of combat, they on resettle the ground (like fly path gryphs/wyvs do)
It really would make it so easy, just not sure if the tech is easy enough to implement.

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I was gonna come on here and grouse about how bitchy Lalathin is but I see people have beat me to it! I was in Dal the other day on my rogue and someone had Hati mogged to the fel hippogriff and it was just incessantly 'RRREEE RRREEE RRAAAA BAROOO' the whole time it was out. I thought it might be the 'Hati-pets don't have their sounds muted' bug but it's not encouraging to hear it's persistent even on regular pets. Urgh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I think they should add a flight/running-grounded toggle for the flying pets, but only as a "Play/Trick" toggle, not a combat toggle like the Wolfhawks. Meaning like, if the "Flight" toggle was on, the pet would constantly fly (like classic hippogryphs and gryphons currently do). And if you toggled "Grounded" it would function like the wolfhawks. But pretty much for the opposite reasons of everyone here XD (Sorry guys!)

I hate the ground-running model, which is why I stopped using Netherbeak and the Legion hippogryphs and only used the old hippogryphs. IDK, maybe I'm just weird, lol. I never liked how blocky the wings of the gryphon or hippogryphs looked when they were landed. Wolfhawks are a bit different (to me) in that they don't seem to have serious glaring boxiness when grounded. If the rest of the feathermanes toggled on combat like Wolfhawks, I'd probably stop using most of the family with the exception of wolfhawks and owlcats. :(

But I might just be weird. I'm also one of those people who refuses to use hippogryph/gryphon/dragon flying mounts until flying is available because I don't like the grounded-running animation lol

But of course, I agree. Can someone please fix Lalathin to use its indoor voice? XD

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Side question:

Can I see some screenshots of your tames? The hunter I'd want Lalathin on is level 27 rn and I don't plan to level her for a while, so I must live vicariously through you all :lol:
funk#1402

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

My huntress going "Will you quiet down already?"

I can't even stay at Trueshot Lodge anymore. A lot of people are sporting the new tame, and all I hear is:
Nachtwulf wrote:'RRREEE RRREEE RRAAAA BAROOO'
from all sides, every minute, non-stop.
* sits in Warlords' garrison *

EDIT: Returning to the topic at hand, I like that they fly, I do. I wish they would flap wings less, tho. Especially when you run on the ground mount, Lalathin just shakes erratically, as if electrocuted, while following :|
Last edited by Shelassa on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

She's very pretty though!

And yeah, I like the flying, but not all the time, personally. It would be nice to have an option.
funk#1402

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Shelassa wrote:My huntress going "Will you quiet down already?"

I can't even stay at Trueshot Lodge anymore. A lot of people are sporting the new tame, and all I hear is:
Nachtwulf wrote:'RRREEE RRREEE RRAAAA BAROOO'
from all sides, every minute, non-stop.
* sits in Warlords' garrison *

EDIT: Returning to the topic at hand, I like that they fly, I do. I wish they would flap wings less, tho. Especially when you run on the ground mount, Lalathin just shakes erratically, as if electrocuted, while following :|
My Trueshot Lodge experience is the exact opposite. I have yet to see any other Lalathins there other than my own. Tons and tons of manasabers and corehounds, but no Lalathins. XD

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I've got my group listed again today (NA group finder, Alliance-side, Custom section: "Hunters: Lalathin Taming"). It's been a pretty slow couple of days, interspersed with MASSIVE rushes (seriously, hours without sign-ups, then 4-5 hunters within ten minutes of each other).

Each tame takes anywhere between three minutes (they're already at the entrance, they know what they're doing or pick it up really fast, flawless run) and like... twenty (they need to be walked through it, possibly to the entrance of the instance, phasing may break if the group de-listed itself from inactivity between when I zoned in and when they zone in, they forgot to pop turtle, didn't have camo in a non-lone wolf spec, they get MCd before the tame finishes, etc etc etc). I've got a bunch of y'all on btag now too, so if you see me in-game in the next couple days just poke me even if I'm not running a NH group at the time; unless I'm actively in the middle of something (mythic+ or Tomb of Sargeras on Fri/Sat night) I can probably log over and get you your pet at your leisure, since all I'll be doing is Midsummer and leveling alts and doing emissaries and such. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be just passively listing the group since just sitting in an empty Nighthold is getting pretty boring and my hand sewing project is nearly done, lol :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.