The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin) Edit: Found in NH

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: The Hunt for the Fel Hippogryph (Lalathin)

Unread post by Quiv »

I think it would be cool flavor, especially if it was done like a mystery we had to figure out like detectives, but I'm with Val, I don't think thats the route they took.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

What if it's a stealthed pet that's tracked via falling feathers as it flies around suramar landing in very few spots where we could flare and catch? Similar or panda tames....idk. crazy hard to find something like that.... running out of ideas here...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I would think that, by now, someone would've either seen feathers or something to track, or would have found them in the database.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

It has to be a clicked object using an old ID or spawn by killing things then.... wish we had more to go on.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Valnaaros wrote:
Acherontia wrote:As I said in another thread I'm also really not happy about it : / I hope they reconsider b/c as it is you basically have to MAIN BM to get them. Whereas these kinds of pets should be default, imo, really (and I can't stand Hati...).

It's not something I'll be able to get in any foreseeable future, and I hope they change the requirements for it.
And as Lupen and I said in that thread, you don't have to main BM. Yes, it will take a while (as it should), but the AK will allow you to gain a ton of power. You don't have to ever even log onto your Hunter if you don't want to, aside to collect resources from the mailbox.

Have your main use Bloods to buy resources and send them to your Hunter. Said Hunter uses those resources to buy AK and to do missions that reward AP. If you ever want, you can do some WQs to get more.

The whole thing seems awfully daunting, but it isn't terrible nor impossible (assuming you're getting AK).
How do resources gain AP...? I'd still need to log in and do AP-collecting stuff. You've already said all of this, and I still disagree with it, and am stating what I think in this other thread, since people are discussing it.

I LOVE the fel hippogryph; I have the mount and would adore a matching pet for my orc. If they do change it, I'll totally nab one when able.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You need resources to do Class Hall Missions, which reward AP. You need them to buy more AK, which increase the amount of AP you get. You need them to purchase the final class hall research, which has a chance to double all AP you get.

It just comes across to me that you want maximum reward for minimum effort. But, I digress, this isn't what this thread is about.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

An admin could split some of this discussion off into a "Feathermane Tome Requirement" thread of some sort if they thought it worthwhile. Theres more I could add but it would further derail this one.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There already was a thread for it. And what could be said has already been said.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything really, but it may be something to keep an eye on.

Small pile of bones, difficult to see. There's like 4 of them in this area. When you flare if, it looks like an unclickable object that may be clickable at some point. Maybe quest, maybe spawn, who knows. It's found in this little alcove in the broken shore. Grasping at straws but it seems like a good nesting area.... broken shore garrison of the Fel. Just south of where inquisitor spawns.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Most likely, they're just objects used for decorations. They are a 3D object, much like large rocks, crates, logs, etc.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

Found a semi secret room with Fel on the ground that can burn you. Flare reveals nothing

Pardon the poor quality. Hate using bfs internet on his comp so taking pictures with my tablet instead of screenshot.

Tried dying by it just to see if anything showed up while dead and nada

There's a very deliberate path up to it using a broken and toppled pillar though
Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Zyne »

Xylexia wrote:Found a semi secret room with Fel on the ground that can burn you. Flare reveals nothing

Pardon the poor quality. Hate using bfs internet on his comp so taking pictures with my tablet instead of screenshot.

Tried dying by it just to see if anything showed up while dead and nada

There's a very deliberate path up to it using a broken and toppled pillar though
Hmm very interesting I might have to have a look myself. Just one thing I love the fact that you named you spectral Grif 'Hedwig'! haha
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

Thanks lol my spirit moose is named Prongs! :)

Also I guess it's not so much a room, it's a broken tower. You can see through the top of it into the sky. But it's still kind of random for it to have some steps up to it. Who knows maybe something spawns after we get the tome...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That place has existed since launch. It is where Vengeance DHs and Ret Pallies go to get their Artifacts.
Zyne

Unread post by Zyne »

Just unlocked pathfinder part 2 so now that I can fly in Broken Isle's I have begun my search for this sneaky little Hippogryph. I'll keep you guys updated with my findings :)
Zyne

Unread post by Zyne »

Has anyone tried ghostlands???
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It isn't going to be anywhere other than Suramar, Suramar City, or perhaps the Broken Isles. It is listed specifically as Elisande's pet, which means it is someplace that has to do with her in some way.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Then again, they could spin some weird stories to cover it being elsewhere. Maybe it's on Argus, and it turns out the Legion kidnapped it to ensure Elisande's cooperation :lol:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Then again, they could spin some weird stories to cover it being elsewhere. Maybe it's on Argus, and it turns out the Legion kidnapped it to ensure Elisande's cooperation :lol:
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Quiv wrote:
Wain wrote:Then again, they could spin some weird stories to cover it being elsewhere. Maybe it's on Argus, and it turns out the Legion kidnapped it to ensure Elisande's cooperation :lol:
:D Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­