I miss feeding my pets..

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: I miss feeding my pets..

Unread post by Rawr »

I miss the stage between where we had the glyph where healing would make them happy and also they didn't run away no matter how upset they got. That special time when pet families had their own skills
http://web.archive.org/web/201003041555 ... kills.html WotLK was beautiful! :headbang: :mrgreen:

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Iowawolf wrote:
NazzyDragon wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:Since I am a Wrath baby but only been following the Unseen Path since MOP I take it this was an interesting time for hunters and to make it worse is say back then you tamed Loque after countless hours camping only to run out of food has that ever happened to any of you old time hunters?
Not loque, but Humar back in the vanilla days. I wizened quick. Your pet would not run away above loyalty level 1.
So Humar was the go to pet back then?
Nah, Broken Tooth was. I just wanted the pretty lion. That or King B.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

I remember "CASTER PETS." Pets that had mana, cast spells and had caster-appropriate stats pre-tame that would carry over, so your shiny new nether ray or whatever was basically an angry piece of tissue paper.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

PrimalTazza wrote:"CASTER PETS."
PrimalTazza wrote:basically an angry piece of tissue paper.
Never has a more true statement been made.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I don't miss it because it's not removed. But if if pet loyalty returns; it should be meaningless debuff and should be an option to add flavour to your character.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

pop wrote:I don't miss it because it's not removed. But if if pet loyalty returns; it should be meaningless debuff and should be an option to add flavour to your character.
I think it should return, with optional visual effects. :D :mrgreen:

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I don't really miss pet feeding / loyalty / happinness, but I miss pets having more abilities (ranged Spirit Strike that Spirit Beasts had? Loved it :D) and their own talent trees over current state of being a glorified dot with visual and sound effects. Still love my pets, especially older ones, but I doubt I would tame much of new ones as I don't really feel like I'm bonding with them :D
Boroxxar
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Boroxxar »

ahh Bullets and Arrows.........

I made a CRAP load of Gold selling Arrows/Bullets in Vanilla on my engineer alt. Bullets sold for 1.5-3g per stack and arrows for 5g a stack, funny thing was there was a NPC in the Valley of Honor (Org) who would trade bullets for arrows for FREE. :o

Remember telling my guldies i was over 2k in gold at lvl 35 due to selling arrows.

I do miss the feeding pets, quivers it made for a more realistic feel and you had to definitely plan ahead.

Cheers
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Pet loyalty gained far greater than it lost in dungeons and raids. Unless you totally didn't feed your pet ever, you weren't going to loose them in a raid or dungeon. And they ate the same food you ate, so I'm not sure how their food was "too much to carry".

I absolutely miss the bonding part with your pets that loyalty and happiness gave us. Now we run to a spot, camp, tame, and put them away never to be used. I love my Humar. I still have him from his first tame in Feb 2007 with my Draenei Hunter. I still feed my pets quite frankly.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I think there is a lot of flavor that was lost when some of this was removed. I don't personally want to go back to old systems, but I think they could revamp them in was that preserve the flavor without making it mandatory. I'd like to feed my wolf and it dance, or some such.