Netherbeak Help

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Netherbeak Help

Unread post by Rikaku »

I know Feathermanes are still a long ways off, but I wanted to get some early advice on Netherbeak (arguably one of my favorite of the newer model hippogryphs). Recently someone added a photo to Wowhead showing him in flight:

However, I've flown with Track Hidden on and all over that mounain temple/ruins since it was found by Petopians on the PTR and to this day on Live.... I've yet to see this guy. I've heard that he flies very high (but that screenshot seems to show him much lower), but I'm also wondering... does he path anywhere?

I know Petopians posted more info about him, but I was wondering if anyone had some more concise info to help me actually spot this guy. I know Feathermane taming is still way off even at its earliest, but I like to know the logistics of anything involving flight and rare spawns since that's my weakness (seriously, I died so so so many times trying to get Ban'thalos right...).

So... anyone? XD

Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Netherbeak Help

Unread post by Daetur »

I know it's been a long time since you made this post, but I was preparing for this Tuesday by looking for this fellow, and I can offer you my findings!

I waited in this exact spot, and he attacked me- this is the height I found him at.

Larger: https://i.gyazo.com/a65a80b3d9d8279d46d ... e1d3cd.jpg

He pathed back to me exactly 15 minutes later at 2:29 server.
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

Anticipating Tuesday, i too have come here looking for guidance.

Based on the height you have, my best guess would be maybe as soon as he aggros, dismount, fall into a disengage, pop turtle (for both no damage and heals) and then proceed to tame.

Can anyone provide any sort of like....exact placement? like maybe a coord and like say.....30-50ft up? i have no idea, this is just what i am requesting.
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

On live i was doing world quest und just fly into him. I landed on the top of the building and he just followed me and attacked me. Did 200k hits roundabout. So in my eyes just aggro him - land and hit tame.
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

ParagonOfHonor wrote:Anticipating Tuesday, i too have come here looking for guidance.

Based on the height you have, my best guess would be maybe as soon as he aggros, dismount, fall into a disengage, pop turtle (for both no damage and heals) and then proceed to tame.

Can anyone provide any sort of like....exact placement? like maybe a coord and like say.....30-50ft up? i have no idea, this is just what i am requesting.
You can just hover, fly down to the building once he aggros onto you, and tame him, no need to dismount and drop. I'm very close to the building in that screenshot.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

His path is very large and erratic. Although he sticks to the same "rails" when he patrols, its very randomized. He can be on a path, stop, and then turn around for seemingly no reason. Hovering above the building is still the best bet, as he often crosses that area regardless of the rail he is on, but it may take a while.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Do we know a respawn timer on it?
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

SO Respawn timer, and positioning. sorry to be a nit picky butt hole, but you say above the building, just like directly above the centre of the building?
Leonaa
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Leonaa »

I can confirm that he is tamable now,and i was at exact same spot as Daetur were. First i was flying arround for like 45 mins,high up and lower and nothing,so i decided to camp at that spot. and after 5 mins he attacked me,taking down more then 50% of my HP. So i get to that building ,use Aspect of the turtle and start taming. HE will follow you down dw.
Happy hunt to all.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Anyone know the spawn timer on him? Camping the spot others have pointed out now-waiting...waiting....
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Not sure of spawn, but take a lesson from me (anyone that is rushing to get him)...

1. Have your pet dismissed already
2. Don't have Rexxar as a bodyguard.

I lost him due to Rexxar taking aggro and Misha.
Ryna
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ryna »

Here's the pathing thread if anyone wants to stare at it while nervously waiting

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... ak#p573951
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

Just tamed Netherbeak!!! 11:30am server time He's so gorgeous! Here is a screenshot :D

This is Llane sever btw :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Yay! just got him-thank you guys for all of the information!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thank you for the info! I got Netherbeak too! :) First on my server I think. I kinda rushed the scenario, which I hate to do, but I'd already done it a few times on the PTR.

I also went a little crazy and tamed all three wolfhawk colours. I'm really not normally that greedy and I hope they respawn quickly, I felt very bad afterwards :P I did want them for a screenshot for a Tweet though ;)

Quiv wrote:Not sure of spawn, but take a lesson from me (anyone that is rushing to get him)...

1. Have your pet dismissed already
2. Don't have Rexxar as a bodyguard.

I lost him due to Rexxar taking aggro and Misha.
Oh no :~( This is why I never, EVER use the bodyguards that Blizzard provides. They cause so many problems. I was initially very much against Hati for similar reasons but they managed to clean that one up a bit.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I went around to about every rare on my server and all were killed or tamed. Tamed didn't bother me, greats to all who got them :D

What bothered me is I saw few non-Hunters specifically targeting killing the Feathermane rares. I know were not entitled to them lol, but it is annoying to see a handful of people going out of their way to kill them to spite hunters. I assume that's what was going on anyways, not sure why else a 110 mage was killing Snowblind & Antilos.

But oh well, I'll try again later today on Netherbeak. :)

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I got Netherbeak on Thrall just now. Was camping for a while, made the mistake of alt-tabbing to Facebook and then my wow started flashing in my taskbar. Sure enough, there he was pecking my face.

Also what level of spite does someone have to sink to to go so far out of there way to old world zones just to kill rares? Geez.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is a terrible, sad thing. But as I said in another thread, this isn't unexpected. It'll be this way for a couple of weeks.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Just tamed on Stormrage around 1:20 server above the building everyone has shared. I believe he was previously tamed about an hour before, so hopefully that means he has a shorter respawn. Also, he may not attack and only showed on my screen for a couple of seconds before re-stealthing. Luckily, my sounds were turned way up and I heard him stealth and was able to get him to attack by flying in the direction he was headed.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I saw him tamed (when I failed earlier) about 10:30am EST, and I tamed him about 50 minutes later on same realm. I think the hour timeframe seems pretty solid, hopefully.