Netherbeak Help

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Re: Netherbeak Help

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

I just read a thing on wowhead that might actually make a huge difference.

With it being an invisible bastard, and possible long spawn times aside, i read that apparently demon hunter's spectral sight can see it from 'a fair distance out'. i tried it on my dh on ravenholdt and i didn't see anything, but that is also b/c i think that it currently isn't up right now. i think that this method/idea requires some....testing, as i feel it is very worth it.
IronJaw
Realm: Голдринн

Unread post by IronJaw »

Finally this beauty is mine :) I logged in right after server reset and he attacked me after 2-3 minutes. I was hovering exactly where Quiv showed.
I'm so happy, thanks everyone for your tips and comments.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Congrats!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Was expecting a long camp tonight since I wasn't able to get online until very late, but within minutes of showing up Netherbeak spawned for Veph! :)

Have an unexciting screenshot for now because I'm too sleepy to do anything fancy:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060717_000054.png
WoWScrnShot_060717_000054.png (803.02 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Quiv wrote:Well luckily, when it comes to camping at the top of the peak above the structure, theres some wiggle room. What I do is hover a little above the half moon thats on top of the structure that Tehd is in. Heres a screenshot. at the bottom you can see how far I am from the half moon on top. He will definitely get you here when he flies by.

I camped in this exact spot for about 50 mins, stood up to stretch my legs and I hear the sound of aggro hippogryph-like sounds. Look to my screen and yep, there's Netherbeak attacking me mid-air. I landed, popped turtle and tamed! Thanks for the tips :D Stoked to have at least one of my wanted-list Feathermane tames today!

edit: grats to you as well, Veph! :D
Attachments
Netherbeak.jpg
Netherbeak.jpg (310.19 KiB) Viewed 3537 times

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

You could easily miss him if you are not listening for stealth sounds and/or are tabbed out. I was hovering over the Tehd and Marris building in game, but was looking down at my phone when he flew past me. I heard a stealth sound in my headset and looked up to see him directly in front of me flying away. He didn't actually agro onto me until I chased him and got in his physical space.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Novikova

I was sitting in about the same spot, except I'd fried braincells grinding 800 million or so AP the past day or two, so I just stared a moment as the bird bit my Panda's butt. Really, it came up behind me and just started pecking away.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
soukyugurentai
Realm: US-BlizzardPrison

Unread post by soukyugurentai »

Not as good or long of a video as I was hoping, but at least you can see about what height and location he's at as opposed to the few crappy screenshots we got so far.

Video of Netherbeak tame on live servers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XexRqlcwESQ

Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

Wow, wasn't expecting this. I flew over and it was around 1 minute until I heard aggro from Netherbeak. I was perched by the same tower everyone is posting. Very pretty pet. Good luck all!

I was going to name him Prince, unable to :cry: It has a special fall reduction ability, that's nice
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

does anyone have ANY ideas about it's spawn timer? i have been camping for most of last night (like 5+ hours) and for like an hour and a half today, and i haven't seen one yet, and i am on a dead realm of ravenholdt/TN.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It isn't a very long respawn timer (approx. an hour), but sharding can mess it up. Randomly, you'll be sent into a different "phase" which may have had a Hunter which recently tamed him.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ParagonOfHonor wrote:does anyone have ANY ideas about it's spawn timer? i have been camping for most of last night (like 5+ hours) and for like an hour and a half today, and i haven't seen one yet, and i am on a dead realm of ravenholdt/TN.
That's terrible :( I hope you get it soon! It seems most people are getting it qute quickly, which is really good... they obviously aren't wanting to torture people with camping :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kushtaka

Unread post by Kushtaka »

As others have stated, you must be aware that Netherbeak will fly by you quickly and vanish, I had to be nearly right on top of him. His flight path doesn't seem to cover much area so you can travel it quickly. What worked for me was flying large circles around that temple at the top of the peak.
Novikova

Kushtaka wrote:As others have stated, you must be aware that Netherbeak will fly by you quickly and vanish, I had to be nearly right on top of him. His flight path doesn't seem to cover much area so you can travel it quickly. What worked for me was flying large circles around that temple at the top of the peak.

Yeah, I parked myself above the temple and periodically did little circles. And then it bit my hunter on the butt from behind, so it worked.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Uploading a pic of the distance that a Demon Hunter's Spectral Sight can pick him up at, for peoples' reference. He faded out just after the screenshot was taken.

Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

soukyugurentai wrote:Not as good or long of a video as I was hoping, but at least you can see about what height and location he's at as opposed to the few crappy screenshots we got so far.

Video of Netherbeak tame on live servers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XexRqlcwESQ

Haven't been here for quite some time but I wanted to add in to help others. I just tamed this beautiful creature on my hunter. I used this screen shot to judge distance of where I should park and wait and within 3 minutes he started pecking me. He does peck hard but I'm geared up enough that I really didn't need to turtle, but I did anyway for safety. I do suggest no followers as there is a chance of them pulling aggro off of you and killing it. If not in current raid tier I suggest using turtle to survive the tame. I have the legendary that gives a bubble so that helped out my surviving too. But the legendary isn't needed.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Went and tried to tame it on a whim, and found it within 10 minutes. I know this because about 5 minutes in I went to the bathroom, and came back with one minute on my res timer. I hopped back up there, and nobody took him in my embarrassing pants down moment. Thing is, when I aggroed it, I couldn't hear anything; no aggro sound, no stealth sound, no "stop pecking me that hurts" sounds; just the flapping of my mount's wings. It doesn't make ANY sounds while flying as an enemy.

As a Draenei, this thing is small. I thought it'd be bigger next to me, but nope. Not entirely too fond of the awful glowing outline effect that's so drastically overused now, but the colors otherwise will likely grow on me. As a silly side note, I think there's a model issue with it; his front talons raise up randomly for no reason, but only when it looks to the left.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If for some reason he isn't up on your realm or you don't want to risk camping for hours, wait for a week that Levantus, Withered Ji'im or Calamir are the world boss.

There will be tons of groups in azsuna that spawn, making it easy to realm hop in Azsuna.