Low Pop Server

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Garmonbozia
Realm: Sargeras (US)

Low Pop Server

Unread post by Garmonbozia »

I've been trying (with zero luck) to tame Gon on my Alliance Hunter. There are always tons of people camping and I end up getting killed repeatedly. Would anyone on a low pop server be willing to help? It would be very, very much appreciated. Everyone I used to play WoW with has quit, so it would also be nice to make some new friends. :) My BattleTag is Garmonbozia#1914.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Low Pop Server

Unread post by Quiv »

I'll tell you what I did to get it without much trouble.

Park your main hunter outside Orgrimmar.
Create a level 100 trial mage on server with low Horde population.
Teleport to Stormwind (or whatever city your race is). You should be near the portal trainer.
Learn port to Theramore, and use it.
Fly to the outside of orgrimmar. Zone in but safely in the mountains.
Start a group in group finder and turn auto accept on.
I did this later at night and was able to camp 7 hours with little interruption. A few horde did pass by, but they were courteous. I used a Stealthman to stay stealthed.

Edit: Edited so one particular realm doesn't get unfairly overwhelmed with hoppers!
Last edited by Quiv on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garmonbozia
Realm: Sargeras (US)

Unread post by Garmonbozia »

Thanks, Quiv! I'm going to try this.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

This is very similar to what I did to finally tame Gon. I didn't know you could use a trial mage so I leveled one to 17 to learn Theremore teleport. Then ran for my life to Ogrimmar. I couldn't get close alive but you can make a group while a ghost. Lol it worked! I used the RP realm Silver Hand.
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

Thanks for that. So you can log out on that server, and your hunter can still get sent to it? That's clever. I'm getting very fed up with seeing 4-6 other hunters at all times camping Gon.

edit- got it to work. very happy thank you. Now if I could get a spawn.

I would keep this method on the downlo. Whenever people find an easy way to do something, blizz hot fixes it
Last edited by Daisypoo on Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

The cross realming can be a bit finnicky, I will admit. I think you have to both be zoned into Orgrimmar before you join the group, or some such technicality like that. Its one or the other, join group then zone in or zone in then join group.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

This is an interesting strategy, I'll have to try it. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

thank you for the awesome tip! I actually can't believe but not only did I get Gon on my main, but I also got Gon and the spectral gryphon on my alt as well!! super stoked right now!! no one was camping them when I checked, I wouldn't have clicked the feather or the egg if someone was cause well that's kind of mean lol. I got Gon no problem on Inarei but on Sas well.. I forgot I didn't dismiss my gryphon and I dont have the feign death thing yet for my pets on her so the guards starting smacking my pet, had to dismiss my pet after I killed the guard only to scroll over the egg! clicked it and tried to tame him fast but he decided to run all the way around and LOS and agro a guard so had to tame Gon a second time lol. Named the Gryphon Alliance and Gon Horde. Oddly seemed fitting for them :)
Draol
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Draol »

Just wanted to post my thanks here, Quiv! I used this strat to nab the Gryphon after using a few different realms (just like when I got Minfernal, Brazilian servers save the day).

Realms switched for me when I joined the group while zoned into Stormwind.