Quick question Re: Gon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Quick question Re: Gon

Unread post by onenation777 »

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked:

As a 110 Ally hunter, if I were to change factions, would that change my spirit beast from the spectral gryphon to Gon? I only ask this as I have died multiple times by horde hunters on my server *Trollbane-Malfurion* and am getting extremely frustrated by this behavior. When the roles were reversed, I never attacked a Horde hunter in Stormwind when I knew that they were camping for the Spectral Gryphon. Heck I salute them, give them a hug and wish them the best of luck.
I did try perusing the threads here and was not able to confirm nor deny this.
Just wanted to know if anyone knew with absolute certainty.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

PS: Guinévéré (my hunter) says hi :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Quick question Re: Gon

Unread post by Valnaaros »

No. They are two separate beasts that aren't faction-tied. Hasn't ever been a beast that'll change if you swap factions.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

As Val has said - your Gryphon will stay unchanged. No pet is linked to faction as far as I'm aware.

As for faction changing to tame Gon - I was thinking to do this for the Gryphon as it was so frustrating competing not only against other hunters but any alliance player that wanted to cause some grief. I'm glad I didn't though and perseverance paid off in the end.

/luck
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

Dysphoria wrote:As Val has said - your Gryphon will stay unchanged. No pet is linked to faction as far as I'm aware.

As for faction changing to tame Gon - I was thinking to do this for the Gryphon as it was so frustrating competing not only against other hunters but any alliance player that wanted to cause some grief. I'm glad I didn't though and perseverance paid off in the end.

/luck
i actually check from time to time to see if its up..to help anyone get gon.
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

im here, feigning death, then i have to move, bam. instant death....lol. im breaking out my credit card....
Garmonbozia
Realm: Sargeras (US)

Unread post by Garmonbozia »

I was about to give up on getting Gon, but I followed Quiv's advice and was able to tame him after several hours. I've pasted the steps below:

Park your main hunter outside Orgrimmar.
Create a level 100 trial mage on Argent Dawn.
Teleport to Stormwind (or whatever city your race is). You should be near the portal trainer.
Learn port to Theramore, and use it.
Fly to the outside of orgrimmar. Zone in but safely in the mountains.
Start a group in group finder and turn auto accept on.
Log into your main hunter, join the group, and zone into Orgrimmar. You should only see Argent Dawn/Scryer people there, and the occasional realm hopper.
I did this later at night and was able to camp 7 hours with little interruption. A few horde did pass by, but they were courteous. I used a Stealthman to stay stealthed.

Hopefully this helps so you don't have to faction change!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Why Argent Dawn? We've still got 1-3 Alliance hunters hanging around trying to tame Gon in addition to any Horde ones as of yesterday.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I used it because it was low Horde population, and as far as I recall its only connected to Scryers. The problem is though that if a lot of people start using it, then it becomes the same problem as a high population server (and kinda unfair to those on the realm honestly). The concept works with any realm hop to a low population Horde server I would imagine, bearing in mind realm phasing is still a problem regardless where you are.

I have edited some of my previous posts so hopefully this server doesn't keep getting bombarded with hoppers.
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

WoWScrnShot_050617_213248.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050617_213248.jpg (135.64 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
I did the faction change, logged in as soon as I was able and camped for 5 minutes. I felt bad cause of the other Ally hunters that were there that were getting attacked by Horde. They kept getting killed :( But I understood. I even said something along the lines of "they are just trying to tame the spirit beast" but that fell on deaf ears. Then it got really quiet in Orgrimmar. And I was alone. And the Spectral Eggshell spawned...Clicked on it, Gon spawned....tamed :) I was one happy camper...had to wait another three days before I could faction change back but he/she was well worth it :)