Return of the Scorpid [Patch 7.2.5]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Return of the Scorpid

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

NazzyDragon wrote:FIX THE LEG FIRST
Came here to say exactly this.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can understand that the gammy leg stands out more to some people than others, and hopefully the model artists will correct it, but demanding they fix it before it can become tameable seems a little harsh :o
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Glad we'll be able to get the new scorp!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

My friend got mad when they fixed the exploit before he could tame one, and we had such a "fun" heated discussion over it. He'll be glad to know they made it tameable for real this time. I've still got mine from the RaF summon exploit, and I hope the one from the exploit keeps the bum leg. while the new one gets it fixed; it'd be a nice memento.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Rikaku wrote:Aww snap that's really cool to see the scorpid back! Great find, Val!
Thanks! :D

I hope they fix the leg, but we shouldn't demand it be fixed. I'm just glad they made a legit version of the scorpid :)
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

That's really nice they're doing that! I wasn't able to find a group for one
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Wain wrote:
I can understand that the gammy leg stands out more to some people than others, and hopefully the model artists will correct it, but demanding they fix it before it can become tameable seems a little harsh :o
Dude we have had Wyvern broken feet for how many years now and they are now becoming tamable but still broken. :| :mrgreen:

Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Any tips on spawn time? I've checked every pool, and he's not there :/

Derp...Just looked at the thread. I'm just so excited lol
Last edited by Rhaenia on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Ohhh I'm so so glad to see these guys coming back- I missed out and they were the ones I really, really wanted to tame. I'm glad to see it!

Re: puppies, I have to wonder, also, if it's a case of ethics. That is, not wanting to see hunters running around sending a literal baby in to fight. I know we've been able to tame "___ Hatchling" mobs for a long time, but they scale up into normal looking mobs- the puppy is literally a puppy.

But then again, we can tame silkworms (baby moths), though I don't know if the image is as strong- a worm is just a worm to a lot of people, but a puppy is instantly recognizable as a baby dog. Though, I'm not sure where that leaves the baby direhorn.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There were a lot more people with the pup than the direhorn, and it also got much more attention.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I thought the same thing Lupis. o:

This is really awesome! I'm glad that people will be able to get this scorpion they wanted in the next patch. (: Great job finding him, lol!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I tamed it, waited for an hour and it didn't respawn. Checked the zone in case maybe he has different spawn points, didn't find him. I know spawn timers can be a bit nebulous, but its pretty obvious he isn't an instant respawn like a common mob.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Oh that's cool! That was really nice of them to do for everyone considering how badly the exploit thing could have ended. I missed out on the crazy community shenanigans but I may stop by to pick this guy up later. I wasn't terribly surprised when the pup vanished and I assumed that someday they would use the scorpid model again, but its nice that they got on it so fast for those who missed out.

As far as the pup goes I would have liked an explanation so we would have a better idea of whats considered going too far/ what we can expect to have removed going forward, but my guess is since it required people to spend real money (Raf accounts) to mass exploit a model they had no plans of reusing on tamable mobs in the future, they didn't feel comfortable letting so many people keep it. Confusing for sure but its a gamble I have often had to accept.

Anyway back on topic: props to blizz for the hidden scorpid- thank you! :)

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Wain wrote:
It's actually incredibly jarring. Check the swimming animation, dear lord of broken legs.. :shock:

I think they can do both in 7.2.5 personally.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Return of the Scorpid [Patch 7.2.5]

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

All puppy related posts have been moved to ====> HERE <====

Lets just keep this thread dedicated to the New Emberspit Scorpids ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Can be tamed at level 100. Some.. sort of perk of not having leveled my hunter to 110 yet, I suppose.

Also, I have nothing to support it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that, while not technically rare, the Lost Emberspit Scorpion might mbe a part of the regular Emberspit rotation. Blizzard has been known to do that at times. As I said: nothing to prove it, but that seems like the kind of thing they'd do.

When I arrived there, there was no lost scorpion. It wasn't until I started killing normal ones that it popped up, although since I have no idea when the last person that killed/tamed it was there, I can't know if it was just a simple respawn timer at work (which is odd if it's not a rare spawn), or a spawning pool mechanic as I mentioned above.
But how do you think it got lost in the first place? :D
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Is there already a bug report about the leg? If so, could someone please link it so we can like it or post in support? :)

Unfortunately the designers who like to give us cool pets have absolutely no authority to fix or modify models. So they have the choice of either giving us the model as it is, or waiting for potentially a very long time for the model designers to fix it. Thankfully they let us have it anyway (in this case it was our newer patron saint, "Shem". The Feathermanes stuff seems to have mostly been Jeremy).

If we report it, hopefully it'll catch the attention of a model designer with a little time to spare and they'll fix it soon. Or they could be completely swamped with 8.0 or 7.3 stuff and won't get to it for ages. All we can do is ensure it's reported, and at least we have access to the model already :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hopefully they can, but understandable if they cannot. They are busy with 7.2.5, and most likely with 7.3, 7.4 (if there is one) and 8.0. :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Is there already a bug report about the leg? If so, could someone please link it so we can like it or post in support? :)

Unfortunately the designers who like to give us cool pets have absolutely no authority to fix or modify models. So they have the choice of either giving us the model as it is, or waiting for potentially a very long time for the model designers to fix it. Thankfully they let us have it anyway (in this case it was our newer patron saint, "Shem". The Feathermanes stuff seems to have mostly been Jeremy).

If we report it, hopefully it'll catch the attention of a model designer with a little time to spare and they'll fix it soon. Or they could be completely swamped with 8.0 or 7.3 stuff and won't get to it for ages. All we can do is ensure it's reported, and at least we have access to the model already :)
I thought about reporting it, but on the other hand, if pointed out, they might be compelled to remove it instead of fixing it, and I'm not sure what I prefer. I think I prefer a gimpy legged scorpid over no scorpid at all. :lol:

But yeah, if they do have the time, it ought to be a fairly quick fix. I still maintain that it has to do with the skin weights. Of course they could, like you said, be completely swamped due to all the work on Argus and the expansion beyond.

Gimpy leg issue aside, seeing it tamed, it reminds me of just how cool a model it is.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!