Return of the Scorpid [Patch 7.2.5]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Return of the Scorpid [Patch 7.2.5]

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It looks like Blizz decided to give us a new, tamable version of the Emberspit Scorpid: the Lost Emberspit Scorpid! :D

Found it at the Molten Front, sitting at the bottom of one of the large lava pools where the old Emberspit Scorpids are. It is a non-elite, non-rare mob. No special mechanics required. Just walk up and tame :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042617_234625.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042617_234625.jpg (277.26 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
WoWScrnShot_042617_234633.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042617_234633.jpg (157.12 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
WoWScrnShot_042617_234726.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042617_234726.jpg (172.97 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Return of the Scorpid

Unread post by Vephriel »

Awww, I had a feeling one of these would show up. :D It's just such a beautiful model and perfectly suitable for taming. <3 I'm glad!

Honestly they look out for us so much, I hope people can see that and not feel bitter toward them for pet decisions. They give us a lot, and I'm just really grateful someone went through the trouble of doing this at all. :)
Last edited by Vephriel on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

that's great! :hug:
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Must be why they never took ours away when we did the fun way they were making them tamable for all hunters and I agree Blizzard does so much for the players yet many players can't see that all they do is whine when they don't get their way. I am grateful to Blizzard to listening to us and doing this.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Still haven't given us more stable slots. Been playing since vanilla. I NEED more.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Xylexia wrote:Still haven't given us more stable slots. Been playing since vanilla. I NEED more.
o.O 50's not enough?? Better sort through those slots.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Vephriel wrote:Honestly they look out for us so much, I hope people can see that and not feel bitter toward them for pet decisions. They give us a lot, and I'm just really grateful someone went through the trouble of doing this at all. :)
^ So much this!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

You found it! :D

Well done Val, Hunting skillz for days!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vuruba

Unread post by Vuruba »

Is the scorpion always there? I just there but none there ... just the old ..... :(
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Just for clarification purposes, I am assuming this is on the PTR (as Val is riding the Hunter Mount in the images supplied)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vuruba

Unread post by Vuruba »

SpiritBinder wrote:Just for clarification purposes, I am assuming this is on the PTR (as Val is riding the Hunter Mount in thenimages supplied)

So the patch comes with 7.2.5?
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Tilo wrote:
Xylexia wrote:Still haven't given us more stable slots. Been playing since vanilla. I NEED more.
o.O 50's not enough?? Better sort through those slots.
How about no since it's been about 5 or 6 years since the increased our Stable slot count. 80% of my pets are rare spawns I do not want to camp again. The other 20% I have chosen because of abilities i may need and also for tmog purposes since I'm one of those people who have to match pets mounts and all that. I have about three stable slots open at the moment I think? With the release of feathermanes I need at least 10 more. I would gladly pay cash for them if I had to.
Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Wamo »

Nice! Glad more people get to enjoy the pet. :)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm so glad—I remember being sad it wasn't available during beta, and I remember being a little bit panicked that I might miss the window in the brief period between the RAF thing going public and when it would inevitably be fixed (and nearly did, but for the grace of god and Viaraada lol). It's a beautiful model, and absolutely in the normal hunter pet wheelhouse, and I'm glad it'll be more appropriately obtainable.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Of course Valnaaros was on the ball! Well done and thanks for your latest find! :) I'm so happy that model is back.

I see it's 110 so I'm going to assume it scales. Does anyone have a min. level on it yet? I would assume that it will scale as low as other Molten Front stuff at least. I suspect any lower is irrelevant (also unlikely) since I don't think anyone below 85 can get in there? I've set the min. to 85 for now anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I'm so happy to see this model being made available - I came back to WoW after the scorpions and pups were fixed, and thought I'd forever missed the opportunity :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I hope whoever in Blizzworld sees this, but thanks so much! This is a great addition.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote:Of course Valnaaros was on the ball! Well done and thanks for your latest find! :) I'm so happy that model is back.

I see it's 110 so I'm going to assume it scales. Does anyone have a min. level on it yet? I would assume that it will scale as low as other Molten Front stuff at least. I suspect any lower is irrelevant (also unlikely) since I don't think anyone below 85 can get in there? I've set the min. to 85 for now anyway.
Always happy to help :D

Yes, that would be my guess, as well. 85 would be a safe minimum to put it at.
Iowawolf wrote:Must be why they never took ours away when we did the fun way they were making them tamable for all hunters and I agree Blizzard does so much for the players yet many players can't see that all they do is whine when they don't get their way. I am grateful to Blizzard to listening to us and doing this.
I completely agree. People need to show more gratitude for what is done for us. This scorpid? They didn't have to give it to us, nor any other the hundreds of other pets we have. More pets are always nice, but don't forget those we have.

@Gigabear I am sorry about your loss, but you must understand that Blizz will most likely never give a reason, nor do they have to. Most likely, as had been said, it is due to it being a baby and the textures being horrid on low settings. The baby direhorn was obtained by a handful of people, unlike the wolf which was obtained by so many more.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss, but there was always a risk of it being removed from day one.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Aww snap that's really cool to see the scorpid back! Great find, Val!

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

FIX THE LEG FIRST

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.