WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Should Blizz lock a hunter pet tame behind raiding/pvp?
Yes 23%  23%  [ 11 ]
No 77%  77%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 48
Unread postPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: The Scryers (Horde side), Aman'Thul (Alliance side
Shelassa wrote:
I'm surprised there are no hunter pets locked behind the reputation yet. Closest being Skarr and Karkin, requiring Molten Front quests done to a certain point to be able to access their areas.
Or Jandvik Ripfangs who were locked out of tame once you did enough quests in Suramar * still salty *

There is a blue (or is it purple - I'm colourblind so it could go either way) quilen that can only be tamed in Kun Lai Summit at a certain point in rep/questing.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:33 pm 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Emerald Dream (US)
I'm ok with not getting everything. Something being gated isn't a big deal. People having things others can't get is fine.

Pets being gated behind something that doesn't REQUIRE you to solo it also means you can get help. Even if you don't have friends. Nice people here wouldn't mind helping you get, say, Lalathin, one bit at all.

I don't see the issue.

Now, PvP? Different story. I feel like the poll would be different if that bit was removed. I still voted yes, because I don't think I should own every thing in this entire game. It just makes it bland. It also gives me a reason to work harder, though.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:57 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: The Scryers (Horde side), Aman'Thul (Alliance side
Definitely voting against any group/raid/PvP content for pets.

I've just had the most annoying time trying to get groups together to do quests for my Class Halls on different toons. The queue times are ridiculously long, sometimes, no time is marked and you can sit there with a queue going for over an hour.
If Blizz. can make it this annoying to do obligatory stuff in the fame, then I sure as sh*t don't want them making optional stuff impossibly difficult to do.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.
NazzyDragon wrote:
I'm ok with not getting everything. Something being gated isn't a big deal. People having things others can't get is fine.

Pets being gated behind something that doesn't REQUIRE you to solo it also means you can get help. Even if you don't have friends. Nice people here wouldn't mind helping you get, say, Lalathin, one bit at all.

I don't see the issue.

Now, PvP? Different story. I feel like the poll would be different if that bit was removed. I still voted yes, because I don't think I should own every thing in this entire game. It just makes it bland. It also gives me a reason to work harder, though.

That honestly depends. Some folks are in small or no guilds. Forming random groups can be problematic at times. There's also the fact that most raids have at least 1-2 hunters and that's on the low end.

I get that people can't get everything, but there are plenty of issues with regard to raid tameables. Sure, you can go back later/after an expac, but it might be tough when you can accidentally kill the pet with an autoshot.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!

Unread postPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:49 pm 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Emerald Dream (US)
Novikova wrote:
NazzyDragon wrote:

I don't see the issue.

That honestly depends. Some folks are in small or no guilds. Forming random groups can be problematic at times. There's also the fact that most raids have at least 1-2 hunters and that's on the low end.

I get that people can't get everything, but there are plenty of issues with regard to raid tameables. Sure, you can go back later/after an expac, but it might be tough when you can accidentally kill the pet with an autoshot.

Hence why I said some nice people offer to help less fortunate get raid tames quite often. It won't be hard to get at all, trust me. You can even find me on US Horde if you want some help down the line. I got you.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:30 am 

Realm: Suramar
I vote yes and heres why:

When a pet such as the Gryphon is released and I being Horde, the tame is a point of pride...a "Look what I did" thing if you will.
If its easy to do whats the point of running around with a pet that nearly anyone can get. As soon as I found out it was going to be difficult if not impossible to tame the Gryphon being Horde, I made it a personal quest to have it in the first 3-4 days it was out...and I did...the feeling of running around with a pet thats that hard to obtain, from an opposite factions flight point thats being camped by them constantly was a rush.

I'd like to see more difficult tames like this.

I also had Lightning Paw on the first day it was out so yea...I like hard tames.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:35 pm 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)
Niabi wrote:
Shelassa wrote:
TL;DR: Locking tames behind something is fine, as long as that "something" can be approached by people individually and on their terms (solo challenge, item, reputation, tracking, trick tame, etc.)

I agree with this statement and pretty much for this reason alone, I am also casting my vote for "No".

I also voted no and agree with this too.

Locking a pet skin behind pvp wouldn't be fun, especially on a realm like Moon Guard. Which had pvp guilds gank squad camping at the spectral gryphon spawn that weren't even hunters so they could kill whatever horde showed up.

http://dragcave.net/user/Faylinn

Unread postPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:35 pm 

Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.
Zalani wrote:
Niabi wrote:
Shelassa wrote:
TL;DR: Locking tames behind something is fine, as long as that "something" can be approached by people individually and on their terms (solo challenge, item, reputation, tracking, trick tame, etc.)

I agree with this statement and pretty much for this reason alone, I am also casting my vote for "No".

I also voted no and agree with this too.

Locking a pet skin behind pvp wouldn't be fun, especially on a realm like Moon Guard. Which had pvp guilds gank squad camping at the spectral gryphon spawn that weren't even hunters so they could kill whatever horde showed up.

Yeah, that was 'fun'.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!

Unread postPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:11 pm 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Moon Guard
If it was something like the oil we can get from Alcaz now, say you get a certain raiding or whatever and you're able to purchase something from a vendor that allows you to "enchant" your pet with a cosmetic effect like again, the oil, maybe an eye glow, maybe something like the Hati electrical effects or a slightly misty aura. But a model/skin? That's pushing it.

Art of my character by my friend Nafani! http://nafoonibooti.tumblr.com/