Filling In Missing Pet Abilities

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Filling In Missing Pet Abilities

Unread post by Rawr »

I posted this on the official forums https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754715295#1 I'm hoping for some feed back or suggestions.

This is a list of suggestions for Pets missing their Special Abilities (or ones who never had any):

Bats: Sonic Blast, same as Mortal Wounds effect, if Carrion Birds can do it so can Bats.

Bears: Thick Fur, same as Shell Shield, hoping for a more Druid Bear like spell effect though.

Birds of Prey: Swoop, same as Mortal Wounds effect, it's a hunting bird.

Boars: Gore, same as Mortal Wounds effect, I shouldn't have to explain this one.

Cats: Rake, same as Mortal Wounds effect, same as above.

Dogs: Baying Howl, same as Dust of Life, the Dog is sad your party member died (standing in fire) and their sad howling will bring them back to life.

Dragonhawks: Updraft, they never touch the ground, it just seems right.

Goats: Hard Headed, same as Shell Shield, it's a Goat they are known for this.

Gorillas: Primal Chest-Pound, same as Shell Shield, the Gorilla psyches themselves up for a battle.

Hydras: Too Many Heads, same as Primal Agility, with that many heads moving around it will be hard to even one.

Hyenas: Tendon Rip, same as it does now.

Mechanicals: Jumper Cables, same as Dust of Life, with a zappy animation.

Oxen: Ramming Speed, same as Nether Winds, it's just funny.

Porcupines: Quills, same as Mortal Wounds effect, I shouldn't have to explain this one.

Raptors: Savage Rend, same as Mortal Wounds effect, same as above.

Ravagers: Ravage, same as Mortal Wounds effect, same as above.

Scalehides: Scale Plates, same as Shell Shield, same as above.

Serpents: Be A Sneaky Snake, same as Primal Agility, I also thought this was funny.

Silithids: Venom Web Spray, same as Web Spray, why was this even changed?

Spiders: Web, same as Web Spray, again why was this even changed?

Spirit Beasts: Spirit Strike, same as Mortal Wounds effect, old animation please.

Sporebats: Best Pet!, everything, jk I'm not sure on this one I guess Spore Cloud as a slow maybe.

Stags: Either the same as Goats or the same as Oxen.

Tallstriders: Peck, same as Mortal Wounds effect, OR Dust Cloud with a slow effect.

Warp Stalkers: Warp Time, same as Time Warp...........

Wasps: Sting, same as Mortal Wounds effect, I shouldn't have to explain this one.

Waterstriders: Lithe Legs, same as Primal Agility.

Wind Serpents: Updraft, they also never touch the ground.

Wolves: Furious Howl, same as Nether Winds.

Worms: Acid Spit, same as Mortal Wounds effect.

Quite a few of these have names from abilities they used to have, as an old Hunter I would like to see them returned is one form or another. Others were rearranged because they made no sense.

I tried to make the abilities fit their old ones as best I could but with the limited amount of Pet Abilities we have now that wasn't too easy. I hope more people will add their suggestions and that one day soon all Pets will have abilities. :mrgreen:

Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Filling In Missing Pet Abilities

Unread post by Chya »

n/m
Last edited by Chya on Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

This is a nice list- I really think they need to expand the currently available pet abilities to more families. I'd even be content to see them give the Spirit Mend-like heal to other Exotic families as appropriate.

With so many families having nothing now, it really limits our choices. Hopefully they work on this for a patch soon, or at least in time for next expansion.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Love this list and agree with it. Especially Spirit Strike. I was so gutted when they removed that ability and animation; it really was just pure fun to see. I'd love to see it again!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Thanks guys, if you could also post on the official forums that'd be great, doesn't seem to be getting much traffic. :| :mrgreen:

Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

I would, but my posting ability is disabled there. Been trying to get it enabled, never get a email about it though.