non exotic manasaber FIXED!!!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
stirea
Realm: al akir

non exotic manasaber FIXED!!!

Unread post by stirea »

so i was killing mobs in telanor in suramar as i was harpooning away i disengaged mid through a mountain! as harpoon phases you through walls god know why?.
it disconnecting me -_- so i log back in too find my self loaded into a room called i think (nyells workshop) under telanor where there was about 5 sleeping manasabers
so i did beast lore on them and they was under the (dog family) *useless ofc with no special abilitys* so i managed too tame a non exotic manasaber just thought too give this a mention for people who like too collect unique pets =) ps you need too trap them too get a successful tame =) sorry if picture are uploaded wrong and spelling =)
Attachments
pet.jpg
pet.jpg (496.74 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
the workshop
the workshop
WoWScrnShot_060517_213340 workshop.jpg (398.42 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
azura manasabers
azura manasabers
WoWScrnShot_060517_224631 taming.jpg (433.03 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
WoWScrnShot_060617_215010 location.jpg (608.72 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
best i could do sorry
best i could do sorry
WoWScrnShot_060617_220453 trick.jpg (472.92 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
Last edited by stirea on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Re: non exotic manasaber

Unread post by Funk »

Okay, so I was able to replicate this.

Some notes:
1. There is no way this is intended. Glitching through walls is fun and all, but yeah, no way it's intended.
2. You can (and have to) throw the trap over the fence in front of them so they don't evade bug, and it's actually really cool.

They are indeed tamable, and classified as a dog (ie. almost certainly unintentional).

My thoughts:
I think this is kinda neat, and I think it would be cool to get a proper way to revisit this area once we are done the quest chain. Maybe put them in the cat family or something. But that well-aimed trap throw over the fence was actually.. really fun. I think it would be neat to be able to tame a non-spirit beast manasaber in this way, but it obviously can't involve glitching through a mountain. I hope that rather than a hotfix an alternate way of re-entering the area is added.
funk#1402

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Now that this has been discovered, there is a rather high chance of them either being made untamable or turned into Spirit Beasts. It is quite obvious that this was an oversight.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I suspect as much too, Valnaaros. I'd like a manasaber look outside of playing BM, but alas.
funk#1402

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Can confirm, as it was hilariously easy to replicate. Here's hoping it goes unnoticed for a long time, considering it's such an odd thing to find. Maybe there's more beasts under the ground that we can't normally reach that Survival's buggy harpoon can?

I'm worried now that I'll be "having fun" with my Survival spec a bit more now.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I doubt it will go unnoticed for long at all. I mean it's relatively harmless seeing as it's just a very unusual looking 'dog' but it's still clearly not intended. I will enjoy having Mist, my 'dog' run alongside my MM hunter in the meantime :p

I know I've mentioned it twice already but, although glitching through walls can be fun, for me the more fun part was trapping something on the other side of the fence thing. Idk if I am a noob or not but I didn't know I could aim traps like that (I guess I've never needed to). Like, I don't think anything was glitchy about the trapping part. The more you know, I guess.
funk#1402

Zealouslynx
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Zealouslynx »

Me and a few friends managed to get this super easily, while I don't expect it to stay in, I can say I surely enjoy it. I hope they only change the beast itself down there, as it would be a neat thing to allow hunters that tamed it to keep it. I have little faith though, given how the puppies were handled.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, that was fixed in a jiffy, or at least as far as I can tell. :lol: I'm honestly not surprised, as this was quite obviously not intended. I'm somewhat sad at the missed opportunity of naming a dog that looks like a cat, Dog. Catdog. XD

I am curious to know what's happened with the folks' pets that managed to tame it before they fixed it?

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060617_211508.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060617_211508.jpg (303.35 KiB) Viewed 3706 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Showed a friend how to tame it, and it became a dog when he got it. My friend and I took maybe 5 minutes to get in there properly, and we had a good chuckle when his turned into a dog when it was tamed. I called mine out, and lo and behold; a blue rune dog. A little bummed, but it's all good. It was a fun glitch pet to get, even if it didn't last a day. Thanks for sharing how to get it nonetheless!

Good news though; it's still a Mana Saber in the stable window! Not the most glorious glitch pet, but keep it just for that.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

So wait, is it that when you start taming, its a mana saber, but as soon as the tame ends, it turns into a runed dog?

That actually sounds neat. Would be crazy if we had a pet family whose ability was "every X seconds, transform appearance to match a random pet from your stable" or some such.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that's an unexpected solution ahaha

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's rather hilarious :) At least in the end it's nothing weird that we shouldn't have so hopefully nobody would lose one as a pet.

I'm pretty sure I've been there and there's a legitimate way down. I forget how though. I remember getting through those barriers by disengaging, but I always figured there must be a legitimate way to take them down as well.

Hmm, unless it was a different area that looked the same as that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

One part of Nyell's Workshop is part of a mage follower quest line. Apparently only accessible through a teleporter on that quest. Not sure about other methods (well except sweet wall hax :P)

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44768/nyells-workshop
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah, well maybe I was thinking of another catacomb area that looks like that one, with magical barriers and all :/
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Well there may be other uses for Nyell's Workshop, but you're right, a lot of those areas look very similar. I figured it was somewhere Oculeth might teleport us to during that chain but couldn't find anything. Maybe its mage only *shrug*
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There is a very similar area that Oculeth teleports us to during the initial Suramar questlines, and later in the rebellion questline.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

First of all sorry for my horrible English.

I have reproduced the road and arrived at the same place, but today the animals are already Spirit Beasts both before the domestication, and after.

They do not turn into dogs.

- -

Ante todo perdon por mi horrible ingles.

He reproducido el camino y llegado al mismo sitio, pero hoy los animales son ya Bestias Espiritu tanto antes de la doma, como despues.

No se transforman en perros.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

After reading Tsukina's comment, I checked on mine in my stable. Previously tamed Azure Manasabers are still blue runed dogs that appear as Manasabers in the stable, but freshly tamed ones are proper spirit beasts now. Though not such a wild glitch as the baby direhorn or buff pets, it's still a "retired" pet. Hope those of you who tamed one yesterday still have it!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I abandoned my dog since I had no interest in the runed dog model. It was still neat to see a hidden place, though!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: non exotic manasaber FIXED!!!

Unread post by Wain »

Ah well, it was a cool glitch anyway. It seems like they were on this really quickly! Someone must have been reading this thread right after it happened.