Trouble finding Fene-Mal

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Purplestahli
Realm: Thrall

Trouble finding Fene-Mal

Unread post by Purplestahli »

So Ive been camping Fene Mals spawn for close to 3 days now, without ever seeing a single spawn. Im camping for roughly 2 hour periods when i have the free time in between work. Usually 2 hours in the early morning and 2 hours in the evening.

I'm on my 3rd day now and I have yet to see him which in my opinion is unprecedented for an old world rare spawn. Not once have I seen another player pass by so Its not a popular spawn that people seem to be actively hunting. Does he just have an abnormally long respawn time? There wasnt a lot of concrete evidence on wowhead. The few comments on a spawn that I did see, mentioned 2-3 hours, but that doesnt sync up with the amount of time ive been camping.

So im posting here to basically ask if im doing something wrong? Im used to camping dozens of hours for things like WOTLK Spirit beasts, but not obscure low level rares.
Last edited by Purplestahli on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Trouble finding Fene-Mal

Unread post by Quiv »

This is one of those rares added in 5.1 isn't it? I can't imagine you're doing anything wrong. I suspect you're falling victim to the strange phasing/CRZ/sharding tech that causes realms (and therefore spawn timers) to be a bit more fluid and harder to predict. Still, you're putting in the time. I hate you haven't found it yet.

I'm on Thrall too, I might peek around when I get home.
Purplestahli

Quiv wrote:This is one of those rares added in 5.1 isn't it? I can't imagine you're doing anything wrong. I suspect you're falling victim to the strange phasing/CRZ/sharding tech that causes realms (and therefore spawn timers) to be a bit more fluid and harder to predict. Still, you're putting in the time. I hate you haven't found it yet.

I'm on Thrall too, I might peek around when I get home.
Let me know what ya find. Been camping all morning and im about to head off to work.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Checked it on a couple servers when I got home, didn't see it up. :(
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Just to let you know, you can realm hop with a premade on a low pop server and it will work for this. I just did it.

I made a DK (of the same faction) premade 100 on a low pop realm. I use the RP-PVP realms for this, especially for old rares that arent in high demand. I hearthed, and then use death gate since it puts you in western plaguelands (convenient for this rare!). I flew over to the spawn to make sure the rare was up. If he was, I then started a premade group in group finder and turned on auto accept.

From here, log off the DK, QUICKLY log on your hunter (who will need to be at the spawn point) and join the group. You will phase over into the RP-PVP cluster, and Fene-mal will be yours if he was up. I just did it on my mage on Thrall and could see him (which he is up as of 2pm EDT on Saturday 6/3 pn RP-PVP realms).

You have to join the premade group quickly because the group has to be auto-accept, and other people will join. Since you are logging off the DK, who is the leader of the group, leadership can shift to another person who has joined if they stay long enough. That will mess with what realm you phase to. This is why its a good idea to go ahead and have your hunter waiting at the spawn point.
Purplestahli

Quiv wrote:Just to let you know, you can realm hop with a premade on a low pop server and it will work for this. I just did it.

I made a DK (of the same faction) premade 100 on a low pop realm. I use the RP-PVP realms for this, especially for old rares that arent in high demand. I hearthed, and then use death gate since it puts you in western plaguelands (convenient for this rare!). I flew over to the spawn to make sure the rare was up. If he was, I then started a premade group in group finder and turned on auto accept.

From here, log off the DK, QUICKLY log on your hunter (who will need to be at the spawn point) and join the group. You will phase over into the RP-PVP cluster, and Fene-mal will be yours if he was up. I just did it on my mage on Thrall and could see him (which he is up as of 2pm EDT on Saturday 6/3 pn RP-PVP realms).

You have to join the premade group quickly because the group has to be auto-accept, and other people will join. Since you are logging off the DK, who is the leader of the group, leadership can shift to another person who has joined if they stay long enough. That will mess with what realm you phase to. This is why its a good idea to go ahead and have your hunter waiting at the spawn point.
That worked for me :D! Did it when i got home and sure enough Fene Mal was showing up on an RPPVP server! Ty for the great suggestion