WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:26 pm 

Realm: Feathermoon
Hey guys! I was trying to tame Ban'thalos for a few months, but as many hunters discovered, it was a lot harder at level 110 because you could very easily kill him. Unfortunately, this happened to me many times. :( I read other players tips for taming him at 110, but none of them worked for me. I tried going completely armor less, with a level one bow, and ended up killing him. Many people suggested using the fruit basket toy, but I didn't have it, as I didn't build the inn at my garrison. The other day, I was flying around Ban'thalos for the hundredth time, no armor or weapons, wondering if I should just give up on my dream, when I remembered something important. Whenever I attack anything that flies, my pets will sometimes levitate for a few seconds to reach it. However, my dire beasts NEVER do! They always stay on the ground. With this realization, I dismounted midair, and hit the dire beast button. The dire beast floated straight to the ground, never even touching Ban'thalos, but it got his attention! I disengaged before hitting the ground, and by the time Ban'thalos came down, the dire beast was gone! All I had to do was hit tame beast! :D YAAAAY! Words cannot describe how happy I felt at that moment!

I decided to post this here because I haven't seen any other post describing this as a way to tame Ban'thalos. I hope this helps any fellow hunters still trying to tame him. Keep trying, and NEVER give up! :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:13 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Oh cool! Congrats :)

Over time there's been a few threads here where people have discussed ways of aggroing tames without killing them. It's always handy to find new ways :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:24 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Moon Guard, Blackwater Council
Grats and that is so cool finding a new way to tame a pet.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:39 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: EU Magtheridon
Hey, it's so cool to know! I used giant snowball from Winter Veil and WotLK's rocket from Blingtron 4k myself back in the day and had no idea about either Dire Beast or Fruit Basket :D

Big grats on your tame, Ban'thalos is an amazing pet. I had to have him when I first set eyes on him because he is so highly reminiscent of Scout Owl from WC3.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:49 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Emerald Dream (US)
That's... actually really creative. o.O

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.