Lost Puppy, Safe Scorpion

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Lost Puppy, Safe Scorpion

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

Sup fellow hunters.

I need to ask something of all of you, but first, a little bit of story telling.

Im sure SOME of you remember the Dreamway wolf pup and new-model emberspit scorpion. The ones that could only be obtained in utilizing the RoF teleport cheese to get a warlock into the Dreamway or the shaman class campaign version of the Firelands to tame the wolf pup and the scorpion.

Whelp a while back i was showing off my impressive stable to my brother, as he is a big fan of the floofy baby wolf pupper models, and as i tabbed to my Dreamway wolf pupper, the model was different. it was a classic vanilla wolf, pixels and quills and all. i was so crestfallen. I then immediately checked my scorpion who luckily was still fine, same unique model. I sadly pulled out and dismissed my Dremway pup, as that model was of no use to me.

But just today as i was back at the lodge, as i saw another hunter that had Hati transmogged to look like the dreamway pupper. i was both sad and confused, as i knew that there was really no way for me to get my own puppy back, but also made me wonder what caused this, or has blizzard specifically been a buzz kill and done this to everyone, and this one individual i saw was lucky and had transmogged their hati to look like the pupper, and has looked like that even after they killed it off for everyone else?

Which makes me question something else. I could've swore i read somewhere that there was this thing about timewalking dungies and cool effects on pets being disabled or something. is there any way my scorpion (which i named spitfire) to become an old model again, and is there anything i could/should do to keep it safe? i have glyph of dire stable, which summons my stabled pets to me in the form of dire beasts. my thought is that i might have summoned my dreamway pupper in some place and that marked it to be replaced by the old vanilla model.

So plz guys help me keep my scorpion safe. i don't want to lose this one too. this one is super duper cool.

EDIT: Guys i just found out on wowhead that apparently the emberspit scorpion model from the instanced shaman version of the firelands is now actually just a regular scorpion model that exists in the molten front now. kinda makes it less worth it. but at least i still have it from before it was obtainable normally.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Lost Puppy, Safe Scorpion

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yes, Timewalkers (amongst other things like Arenas and BGs) can wipe Hati or pets with glitched appearances.

As for the old Worg model, that has happened to many (including myself) who had the puppy. It is something Blizz intentionally did. As far as I'm aware, the only way to see the pup still is from someone who swapped the appearance to Hati.

The Glyph had nothing to do with it. It summons copies of your pets; not the exact pet.

As you saw, there is a rare at the Molten Front that has the model of the Emberspit Scorpion. However, it won't be available until 7.2.5
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Re: Lost Puppy, Safe Scorpion

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

oi thx mang. just wanted to confirm my suspicions. now, imma just be hanging out a mile above the earth waiting for a purple hypogryph to truck me upside the head.