Soundless Tame

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
whip0897
Realm: Area 52

Soundless Tame

Unread post by whip0897 »

Hey everyone just today I was camping soundless to tame him for his awesome unique black and red skin. I found him after around 6 hours ish on Area 52 Warmode On and after taming him he lost all his black and red and is now a different color that is not on any of the rays I've seen. I made a ticket to Blizzard to see if anything can be done but just wanted to give a PSA on this for those who are interested in the skin. The imgur link below is a picture of the tame.

https://i.imgur.com/ExXWoCC.jpg
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Soundless Tame

Unread post by Vephriel »

Have you tried bringing him to different areas to see how the lighting affects him? I think the base model is correct but the lighting in game might just make it show a bit differently than the raw model.
whip0897
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by whip0897 »

I have tried that it is in fact still the same color no black or red.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

He could very well be like the eagles in the Valley of the Four Winds where in the world, they have a darker overlay on them. But when they're tamed, they lose that effect.

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel

Even as a wild mob, I notice Soundless does not have the stark red markings. The base colour is definitely correct, even Wowhead has it as the black one, but I think the raw model just isn't how they chose to display it in game, it must have some sort of extra glow or effect in-game that isn't portrayed by the images captured from the model viewer.
Onyxx

Unread post by Onyxx »

Hello,
Unfortunately I need to tell you all rare elites was switched to lev 121 on live, including Soundless :(
I have tamed both Caverndark Terror and Soundless on PTR when they was lev 120. When I go for Caverndark Terror on live first day, surprise, it was switched to lev 121 and same is Soundless
It happened the same with Beehemoth. Thanks blizz for ruin our fun.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Onyxx wrote:Hello,
Unfortunately I need to tell you all rare elites was switched to lev 121 on live, including Soundless :(
I have tamed both Caverndark Terror and Soundless on PTR when they was lev 120. When I go for Caverndark Terror on live first day, surprise, it was switched to lev 121 and same is Soundless
It happened the same with Beehemoth. Thanks blizz for ruin our fun.
Soundless is usually tameable on live and isn't elite, at least not normally. I just confirmed right then. Which server are you on? And can you please submit a screenshot? I would like to work out what's going on there.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Soundless is definitely tameable on live.
Attachments
619C3A4D-564D-486C-9025-EB53E7358223.jpeg
619C3A4D-564D-486C-9025-EB53E7358223.jpeg (59.52 KiB) Viewed 5770 times
FourLetterWurdz
Realm: Lightbringer [A], Illidan [H]

Unread post by FourLetterWurdz »

That really stinks. I've been camping him to tame him. :( Does the the other rare one do the same thing? Deepglider, I believe it is. Seems that the only unique skin would be the collosal ray, then.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

FourLetterWurdz wrote:That really stinks. I've been camping him to tame him. :( Does the the other rare one do the same thing? Deepglider, I believe it is. Seems that the only unique skin would be the collosal ray, then.
Deepglider looks just as lovely in game in my opinion. Doesn't look drab. Soundless is still a unique skin... just not as cool as the model viewer led us to believe. Still pretty cool though.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Soundless is definitely tameable on live. I don't think the rogue that was trying to reach him was happy I tamed him. <_< And he's still a unique skin, personally, I prefer him with the pink over the red, but that's just me. It looks really nice with the Red eyes.

And for anyone curious, he's one of the rares that retains his name when you tame.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, I don’t think anyone would be too happy with a hunter taming him, seeing as he has an unusually long respawn timer (believed to be longer than an hour) and he drops a mount.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just a tip if you plan to kill him: don't be nice and try to kite him to the ground. Instead he'll evade then reset :/
Windwolf
Realm: Agamaggan

Unread post by Windwolf »

WoWScrnShot_070119_110426.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070119_110426.jpg (146.43 KiB) Viewed 5770 times
Just got him 10:55 am on Lightbringer
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Wain wrote:Just a tip if you plan to kill him: don't be nice and try to kite him to the ground. Instead he'll evade then reset :/
It is possible to kite him to the ground, but you have to do it before he even touches the mushroom :l Which is VERY Hard to do. I dont know how my partner even managed to get him down.

Siggy under construction!

Drakcore

Unread post by Drakcore »

I just Tamed Soundless this morning at 5am. Sadly the color changed after taming just as everyone else has posted. Kinda heartbreaking really, was hoping maybe they fixed it!
Vephriel

I noticed today that Soundless is now level 121, was that always the case? I've been trying to kill him daily for the mount chance, and someone in one of the groups I joined today said he was no longer tameable so hunters couldn't "grief" mount seeker groups. I don't have an interest in taming him myself, and I wouldn't want to get kicked out of a group for trying, I was just curious if Blizzard actually implemented a hotfix to make him untameable as he's such a highly sought-after rare right now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:I noticed today that Soundless is now level 121, was that always the case? I've been trying to kill him daily for the mount chance, and someone in one of the groups I joined today said he was no longer tameable so hunters couldn't "grief" mount seeker groups. I don't have an interest in taming him myself, and I wouldn't want to get kicked out of a group for trying, I was just curious if Blizzard actually implemented a hotfix to make him untameable as he's such a highly sought-after rare right now.
Oh really? Damn. :(. Probably for the best, just sad it was the only one of that colour.
Vephriel

I agree it's probably for the best, although I have not been able to test or verify whether he can still be tamed, just that he's definitely 121.

It was getting pretty hard to get invited to Soundless camp groups as a hunter though, as soon as word got out that he could be tamed everyone assumed hunters were there to tame him out from under their noses, and a lot of groups will blacklist hunters completely. x_x
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Soundless is up on my realm right now and it's a 121 non-elite. I'm on my shaman but I'd be willing to bet it's tameable.