Companion Glitch for taming in 7.2

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
KericArea52
Realm: Area52

Companion Glitch for taming in 7.2

Unread post by KericArea52 »

So I got my Tome and went out to get my new Hippogryph pet. I had Addie Fizzlebang along as my companion. I couldn't tame the pets. She kept pulling the aggro. Once I went back to the Class Hall and dismissed her, I was able to get my new Owlcat and Hippogryph. Don't know if the other hunter companions cause the same problem. Hope this helps. Good Hunting!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Companion Glitch for taming in 7.2

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They all do, and not just for Hunters. Any sort of hostile action against a mob will cause your bodyguard to aggro. Even the bodyguards like Moroes and Meatball will aggro if you try taming. Thus, if you want to tame something, you shouldn't bring a bodyguard.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I did a tame using a freezing trap, that seemed to stop my follower for attacking.
it MIGHT have been a coincidence, I don't know. I wanted one of the black feathermanes from Suramar. I had no issue.
HOWEVER, I was able to put my follower on "utility", which MIGHT have made the difference. I use the "elite" follower you get near the very end of everything.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

never thought about freezing trap, thats a great idea. Rexxar drives me up the walls when I want to tame something. Misha always taunting. I wish they would allow dismissing/summoning of the bodyguard for those few times you want them out of the way, but want them with you otherwise.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think they could re-code the "tame" ability/spell to act like a self-heal or something, make it so it does not trigger aggressive behaviour from your pet/bodyguard/follower

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Tsundere

Unread post by Tsundere »

Sukurachi wrote:I did a tame using a freezing trap, that seemed to stop my follower for attacking.
it MIGHT have been a coincidence, I don't know. I wanted one of the black feathermanes from Suramar. I had no issue.
HOWEVER, I was able to put my follower on "utility", which MIGHT have made the difference. I use the "elite" follower you get near the very end of everything.
Another +1 for Freezing trap. I've been using Rexxar and that boy has a bad habit of flying at my tames and either killing them or stopping the tame (have to FD all the time) and once I started to use the freezing trap he still emoted his attack mode words but stayed still and I was able to tame.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Sukurachi wrote:I did a tame using a freezing trap, that seemed to stop my follower for attacking.
They don't attack CC'd targets, so Freezing Trap works.

I use Nighthuntress Syrenne though, so I just dismiss her.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Myzou wrote:
They don't attack CC'd targets, so Freezing Trap works.

I use Nighthuntress Syrenne though, so I just dismiss her.
yes, Nighthuntress, that's the one I use also (I was just having a senior moment... couldn't remember her name for the life of me)

"Step on no pets!"

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nothing sadder than going to tame a rare pet and then seeing your follower tear it to shreds :( I don't use followers because that's just one of many circumstances where followers cause more trouble than good :/

It can be the same with Hati. You're in a hurry to tame a tricky creature, you quickly dismiss your pet, start tame, and *bam* Hati rushes the target and kills it, because Hati takes several more seconds to vanish. :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.