Cinderwolf tamable!?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hewolfke
Realm: Quel-thalas

Cinderwolf tamable!?

Unread post by Hewolfke »

Today i've seen at least 2 hunters with (1000% confirmed!) cinderwolf as main pet and Haticopied! Can somebody tell me, how or where to get it? As he was russian alliance, he couldn't answer me due to unknowledge of english, the other one was in a rush and logged out! This nice hunterpet was spotted at my classhall!!! So, no shaman can enter there! :)

Kind regards

William, hewolfke
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Cinderwolf tamable!?

Unread post by Rikaku »

I've seen some weird colored pets lately, due to a buff called "fel brew empowerment". It gives pets a red looking tinge and a size buff, and didn't seem to wear off according to what I read on wowhead. Perhaps it was a result of that?

Though, if you caught their names at all, you can look at their armory and see if their pet is normally a dif color and it is a bug like I mentioned above.

Though, if it was a cinder wolf, I wonder where as well o.O

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Just so everyone is aware, the Fel Brew Empowerment buff is a bug. It is normally acquired by standing by the Fel Spreaders during the Fel Brew world quest on the Broken Shore, and lost once it is completed. However, if your pet is standing by it and has the buff when it is completed, they will retain the buff. To my knowledge, it does not drop if you logout, dismiss the pet, go into raids, etc. This buff increases the pet's haste by 50%, movement speed by 100%, and increases their size (as well as cause them to turn red). Usage of this buff in PvP and PvE instances would be considered an Exploit. If reported, you can get banned for an amount of time that would be determined by Blizz.

I am not aware of the World Quest is still up, but I do strongly recommend that no one acquire this buff unless they don't mind the possibility of getting banned.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:Just so everyone is aware, the Fel Brew Empowerment buff is a bug. It is normally acquired by standing by the Fel Spreaders during the Fel Brew world quest on the Broken Shore, and lost once it is completed. However, if your pet is standing by it and has the buff when it is completed, they will retain the buff. To my knowledge, it does not drop if you logout, dismiss the pet, go into raids, etc. This buff increases the pet's haste by 50%, movement speed by 100%, and increases their size (as well as cause them to turn red). Usage of this buff in PvP and PvE instances would be considered an Exploit. If reported, you can get banned for an amount of time that would be determined by Blizz.

I am not aware of the World Quest is still up, but I do strongly recommend that no one acquire this buff unless they don't mind the possibility of getting banned.
Correct, just to clarify (in case my first post wasn't clear) I meant to say that there is potential the visual wolves that looked like Cinder Wolves, may have been a Fel Wolf or Gara under the Fel Brew Empowerment buff. Because it is a bug, I too would definitely not recommend going after it intentionally. I only meant that I have seen lots of pets in Dalaran the last two days with really weird colors, which made me do a few double takes because "I've never seen that family with that color?!" lol

But yeah, its definitely a bad bug to get stuck with. I know its been reported a few times too, so hopefully it's fixed soon.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Oh, I know, Rikaku. Didn't think you were encouraging anyone to go get it. I was just making it clear to everyone that you put your account at risk by obtaining and using that buff.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It would be a cool and harmless bug if it was just an appearance change, but as Valnaaros pointed out, if it gives your pet a stat buff then you may really be risking a penalty for doing it.

I'm not aware of any cinderwolves that are classed as beasts, which is probably what would be needed if they were tameable, even if by an unintended bug. Hopefully one day we'll see get though, it's the only colour of the original Draenor specials that remains unavailable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Hewolfke

Nope, as i am ilvl 908 and have the superrarest pets i am sure of what i've seen, it was clearly a cinderwolf, as i said: colour orange, hati had same form copied, same model as the green fel wolf, i hope soon to poste a print screen! So no bug of what so ever and no bestial wrath activated; plain and simple a cinderwolf

kind regards
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If you see one, please post the Armory of someone who has it. Or PM it to me. Thanks :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Doesn't the new armory only show the 5 pets in call pet? I couldn't figure out a way to view stable like the old armory.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Just for pure interest's sake I checked Russian WoW Hunter forum, but there is nothing of the sort reported in the last couple pages :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote:Doesn't the new armory only show the 5 pets in call pet? I couldn't figure out a way to view stable like the old armory.
Yup. But if someone is spotted with the pet out then it should also be visible in their Armory, unless they go to the effort of stabling it before logging off. Also there are API functions that can get a Hunter's entire stable.

There actually is one version of the fiery wolf that I think is a beast, but should never be tameable, and that's the Shaman Spirit Wolf summons. With artifact, the wolves will randomly appear as fire, frost or lightning. It seems unlikely they're tameable via a trick, but stranger things have happened.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shelassa wrote:Just for pure interest's sake I checked Russian WoW Hunter forum, but there is nothing of the sort reported in the last couple pages :D
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:
Quiv wrote:Doesn't the new armory only show the 5 pets in call pet? I couldn't figure out a way to view stable like the old armory.
Yup. But if someone is spotted with the pet out then it should also be visible in their Armory, unless they go to the effort of stabling it before logging off. Also there are API functions that can get a Hunter's entire stable.

There actually is one version of the fiery wolf that I think is a beast, but should never be tameable, and that's the Shaman Spirit Wolf summons. With artifact, the wolves will randomly appear as fire, frost or lightning. It seems unlikely they're tameable via a trick, but stranger things have happened.
You can view all of a Hunters pets, from what I can tell.

If you scroll down to where the "Active 5" pets are listed, there's a yellow link near "HUNTER PETS" that says "View Hunter Pets". That page will take you to a page that shows you all 5 active pets and all the player's inactive pets.

Alternatively you can also select "Collections" on Hunter armory profiles. There's a tab slightly smaller but still near the top that will then say "Pet Journal" "Mounts" and "Stable". Clicking Stable will take you to the same page.

I believe the first few weeks of the new armory, there wasn't a Hunter Pet tab to show all inactive pets. But there was a recent update that brought some more functionality back. Hunter Pet pages, I believe, was one of them.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh nice, I found the stable like you said. Sweet!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ons/stable

Anyway hope our fiery wolf is figured out.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Wain wrote:

Actually, my fire scorpid did not show in the stable until 7.2.5. (I have the glitch one!)

I think the new armory stable may be a bit.. UNstable :lol: -- with glitched pets at least.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

What was yesterday's Legion invasion? Possibly it's an overlooked spawn mob for the invasion quests? (And what region are you in, Hewolfke?)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Acherontia wrote:What was yesterday's Legion invasion? Possibly it's an overlooked spawn mob for the invasion quests? (And what region are you in, Hewolfke?)
Yesterday's was Azsuna, but IDK what was the one before that. I was wondering similar thing though. There are some 'class themed' Broken Shore quests (like using flares to find hidden enemies, or calling down a frostwyrm to annihilate demons). Some seem to pop up very frequently, some very infrequently. But I wonder if there's some shaman-themed one that involves elementals, specifically cinder wolves. lol

Hewolfke

Acherontia wrote:What was yesterday's Legion invasion? Possibly it's an overlooked spawn mob for the invasion quests? (And what region are you in, Hewolfke?)
Azjol-nerub/Quel-Thalas, and i still am 1000% sure it was a cinderwolf, hatiform aswell confirmed! Can it be that horde get's an orange tamable instead of a fel green one like us in dreanor?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Quick question here are you sure it wasn't the toaster wolf found in WOD at the Iron Front they are like cinder wolves but have the toaster on their back maybe that was what it was.

Just killed the boss in BRF who summons the wolves thinking it was a stealth tame but said invalid target so they are still not tamable as of this time.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Really curious as to whether he was in NA or EU, as in, 7.2.5 or not.