Different-Colored Thoks as of 7.2?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Welshy

Different-Colored Thoks as of 7.2?

Unread post by Welshy »

According to Petopia "There are five devilsaur colours and five armour colours, resulting in 25 potential looks!" for Horde Devilsaurs, which is what Thok is. When he first became tameable, he would revert to his original color, but maybe now that was changed? Can anyone back up what petopia is saying? Any information would be useful, thank you.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Different-Colored Thoks as of 7.2?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Welshy wrote:According to Petopia "There are five devilsaur colours and five armour colours, resulting in 25 potential looks!" for Horde Devilsaurs, which is what Thok is. When he first became tameable, he would revert to his original color, but maybe now that was changed? Can anyone back up what petopia is saying? Any information would be useful, thank you.
The keyword there is "potential", currently Thok is only one colour and remains that way as far as I know, but if Blizzard wanted to they could theoretically make 25 combinations, they just aren't in game yet as tameable options. The main Petopia site often lists untameable/unreleased model colours for various pets just to catalogue them for future reference, but 25 combinations is a lot to put on a page, so I suspect that's just there as a sidenote for now.

(if you want to see this in action, check out the Moths page: http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=moth and note how many unused colour combinations there are since body and wings can be separate)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Different-Colored Thoks as of 7.2?

Unread post by Wain »

Welshy, you're correct that it was a little misleading. I've altered the wording, thanks :)

Veph, thanks for explaining it all :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.