Can Fenryr still be tamed post 7.2.5?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Glacious
Realm: Stormscale

Re: Can Fenryr still be tamed post 7.2.5?

Unread post by Glacious »

Twistedklown wrote:I'm not able to get passed the first boss. Get him to 80% and my pet loses all aggro, and nothing I do will drop aggro. Even feign death, when it doesn't bug out and makes me stand up immediately, isn't dropping aggro from me from the boss. Reapplying misdirects to the pet does nothing. I last about 10 seconds with him smashing my face in. And yes, my pet is in tank spec (tenacity).
I am having exactly the same problem, my pet is in tank spec, and I am spamming Mend Pet yet he still dies after about 30 seconds and I get agro no matter what and I am dead :(

If I can't do the first boss I am guessing I have no chance at Fenryr :(
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

@onenation777 big gratz! He's an awesome addition to your stables!
Twistedklown wrote:@Shelassa
Am I just not high enough yet (ilvl or tier is mandatory?) to do it?
Your gear is more than good enough to take on Hymdall and Fenryr.
I see that you're using Dire Beast / Stomp combo. For the interest's sake, try switching it over to Dire Frenzy. If you pre-pot, use drums, Misdirect and pop all your cooldowns, your pet should build enough threat to last a while. Continue using Misdirect and Mend Pet on CD.

You can use this macro to pop all CDs at once:

/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Aspect of the Wild
/cast Titan's Thunder
/cast Dire Frenzy

There is also another thread with more tips should you need them. Good luck & remember, that you gotta kill Hymdall & Fenryr in one run, without leaving the instance, or the tamable pet won't spawn!
Glacious wrote:I am having exactly the same problem, my pet is in tank spec, and I am spamming Mend Pet yet he still dies after about 30 seconds and I get agro no matter what and I am dead :(
Try using Dire Frenzy + Aspect of the Beast talents (with pet in tank spec) - it makes it that much easier to keep the pet alive and manage threat.
Keep up Mend Pet at all times, use Misdirection on CD for damage reduction. If the pet dies, Revive & Feign Death. If Hymdall is too close, Aspect of the Turtle, Revive & Feign. Check out the thread & macro above and good luck! Keep at it, and you will have him soon :)
Glacious

Many thanks for the reply :)

Been awhile since playing my hunter as only just returned to WoW so feeling very rusty so maybe rushing into this within 2 days of being back and only being ilvl 893 was not the best idea I have ever had!

Will try again tonight with the above tips and many thanks for your help!
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

After 4 hours in there, I get Fenryr to 1% and servers shutdown for maintenance.............. So frustrated. But the tips helped, thank you. I will have him soon.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Aw, darn, Twistedklown, that is unfortunate!
But you saw you can do it and what is needed for that, so you will get 'im next try :hug:
Glacious

Determined to get my attempts down tonight! Every time I try to do this mates keep wanting help with various things Grrrr! Not my fault they can fly in Broken Shore yet lol
Glacious

Well after many many attempts and the huge amount of time clearing every bit of trash to and around Fenryr he is mine!!!

Many thanks to all the help and guidance above, it really helped alot :)

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Glacious wrote:Well after many many attempts and the huge amount of time clearing every bit of trash to and around Fenryr he is mine!!!
Congratulations. It is impressive to get him so fast, considering you mentioned that you haven't played your Hunter for a while!
Glacious

Thank you :)

It was definitely hard work and I must have died 20-25 times on try's alone.

I found the most tedious bit was all the adds on the way trying to avoid them and get past was horrible so spent about 30 mins killing every single mob to get there.