WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Argus Pet Thread
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:36 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: Shadowsong, Borean Tundra
I was thinking I was going crazy or something. I was about to make a short video to show the effect just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind here, but I see you noticed it. The Shadowcrazed one is totally unique, and it's a great thing. Shame I only see two of them up at any time, unless I'm just missing them.

EDIT: I just hearthed out from getting stuck in a really awkward hole over in that Naroua grove (have fun finding it, I didn't report it!), and I noticed the effect was MUCH more visible in Dalaran, but only from behind. The purple flame effect isn't strong, but it's strong enough for me to really want it on live now.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_081017_003705.jpg [168.3 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:16 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore
Curiosity: While running around in game today, I stumbled upon the squirrels and rabbits.

Remembering they got new models in Legion, I started to wonder:

What if we got tameable squirrels and rabbits in the Rodent family in the future? We have mechanical versions of them, and as seen with druids, they're capable of communicating with people, so bonding would make sense.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:24 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Shadow Council
Aye, but Druids can communicate with just about any beast if they so choose to. It is what they do. And unless it is a giant, mutated rabbit or squirrel (something like the Rat Mount), I doubt we'll ever get tamable squirrels and rabbits as they are right now. A mechanical version is different, since they are robots. Everything about them would allow them to be better suited for combat, whether it is their metal chassis, teeth and claws made out of metal, the ability that some have to conduct electricity, and the lack of fear that real squirrels and rabbits have. Besides, can you imagine sending a little squirrel against a Devilsaur? ;)

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:29 am 
The Insane
The Insane

WerebearGuy wrote:
I was thinking I was going crazy or something. I was about to make a short video to show the effect just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind here, but I see you noticed it. The Shadowcrazed one is totally unique, and it's a great thing. Shame I only see two of them up at any time, unless I'm just missing them.

EDIT: I just hearthed out from getting stuck in a really awkward hole over in that Naroua grove (have fun finding it, I didn't report it!), and I noticed the effect was MUCH more visible in Dalaran, but only from behind. The purple flame effect isn't strong, but it's strong enough for me to really want it on live now.

That's a really cool find! :) I hope the effect stays.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:31 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore
Valnaaros wrote:
Aye, but Druids can communicate with just about any beast if they so choose to. It is what they do. And unless it is a giant, mutated rabbit or squirrel (something like the Rat Mount), I doubt we'll ever get tamable squirrels and rabbits as they are right now. A mechanical version is different, since they are robots. Everything about them would allow them to be better suited for combat, whether it is their metal chassis, teeth and claws made out of metal, the ability that some have to conduct electricity, and the lack of fear that real squirrels and rabbits have. Besides, can you imagine sending a little squirrel against a Devilsaur? ;)

If I can send a caterpillar, moth, or monkey you bet your booty I'd send a squirrel or rabbit. ;)

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:34 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Giant caterpillar and giant moths. Further, they both differ from their RL counterparts in many ways. As for Monkeys, they are known to be very strong.

Squirrels and rabbits in WoW have been seen to be much like those IRL. They are rather small and will flee rather than fight.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
I would use a bloody rabbit so much!

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:35 pm 

Realm: malfurion
Valnaaros wrote:
Giant caterpillar and giant moths. Further, they both differ from their RL counterparts in many ways. As for Monkeys, they are known to be very strong.

Squirrels and rabbits in WoW have been seen to be much like those IRL. They are rather small and will flee rather than fight.

well except for the one, but they'd have to add something so it doesn't chew your head off while taming

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yes, there is that one, but they would need to add a seperate mob with the same skin. If they didn't, people would be furious at Blizz for making a long-respawn mob, that drops a battle pet, something that Hunters could tame.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15