Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Possible Argus Pets?

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Re: marsuuls and being LR.... even so, at least they aren't as bad as this thing...

(I still have no idea what possessed them to even make such a bad model of tamable size... it's barely tolerable as a minipet...)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Thanks for sharing all those critters. This is the first I've taken time to look at the potential pets for Argus and I'm really pleased. I'd love to have a panthara and manaray, maybe a marsuul. I think marsuuls would be perfectly fine pets, as long as they stay small due to that low res issue. But, if there's at least a minipet, I'll be happy. I adore the pantharas though. Leafcat will be mine. Hopefully. I'm still hoping for an updated warpstalker. They missed the boat on Draenor but this would be another great time to do them. Maybe they're just not there yet, somehow? *sigh*
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Just to note, Marsuuls are the same size as the Pantheras in game, so obviously blizzard doesn't mind the lower res model.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Indeed, as I said earlier. I am a bit surprised that Blizz would do that, but it is their call.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Looks like things haven't been set tameable yet, in the new build.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

My guess is that they'll wait until the final zone is added before they do a taming sweep.

Update: They just added flavor text for mounts. For Talbuks, it flatout says that they are native to Argus and developed chitonous plates to adapt to the harsh terrain and ceaseless wars.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:My guess is that they'll wait until the final zone is added before they do a taming sweep.

Update: They just added flavor text for mounts. For Talbuks, it flatout says that they are native to Argus and developed chitonous plates to adapt to the harsh terrain and ceaseless wars.
Yep! I've updated the 7.3 mounts page here to show all the colours that are now proper mounts:
http://warcraftmounts.com/legion73.php

So that's 7 out of 10 that will hopefully have a matching pet and mount combo.

5 of 9 mana rays also have a mount in the database now.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Since I didn't see it mentioned, and I know people were really looking forward to them:

The void warpstalkers are regular beasts in Mac'Aree. Not pets of an NPC or such, so it's quite likely they'll be made tameable:

And for anyone looking for them:

Also, one thing in the "Marsuul may not become tameable" category - in the story, you find out the Marsuul on Mac'Aree were Broken Draenei that were transformed into Marsuul by the void. (Along with some mutated broken and void beasts)

Though that's just one zone, there's Marsuul in other areas.

Also, going back, damn Spiritbinder, you too cute for your own good. xD
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

SpiritBinder wrote:
PopCulturePooka wrote: Is Argus going to be somewhat portrayed as 'Australia'?
Omg this plz :shock: !

I may be a little bias as I live here, and yes its "shameless selfie time", but if they are....

MUST... ADD... QUOKKAS! :D

Late to the party like normal but ..............................................

Are these things ever NOT SMILING & enthusiastic!?!?!?

Love all the potential new tames.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Actually, Myzou, they were mentioned on the other Argus Pets thread. I found them and most, if not all, of their variants. Go check it out :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote: Also, one thing in the "Marsuul may not become tameable" category - in the story, you find out the Marsuul on Mac'Aree were Broken Draenei that were transformed into Marsuul by the void. (Along with some mutated broken and void beasts)
Well, that seems random and strange! It'd be like exposure to the void turning an orc into a koala :/
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I don't remember that in Mac'Aree? In which story chapter was it?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Wain wrote:
Myzou wrote: Also, one thing in the "Marsuul may not become tameable" category - in the story, you find out the Marsuul on Mac'Aree were Broken Draenei that were transformed into Marsuul by the void. (Along with some mutated broken and void beasts)
Well, that seems random and strange! It'd be like exposure to the void turning an orc into a koala :/
Maybe they de-evoloved to a much, much, much earlier state?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't recall hearing that either, and I went through the entire questline on Mac'Aree. If it is true, it is very, very unusual. Really doesn't make any sense.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Inay wrote:I don't remember that in Mac'Aree? In which story chapter was it?
Right before the Ethreal. When you help the broken priest (the one that gets consumed by the void). Alleria asks if the beasts were his men, and he says yes.

As you're walking through the field overflowing with friendly critter marsuul.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I assumed that they were referring to the Broken that were mutating due to the Void, which eventually happens to the aforementioned Broken. Either way, it would be very, very strange for the Void to devolve Broken into Marsuuls. We have never seen anything like that happening before. They'll either evolve into a creature of the Void, become imbued with the Void, or undergo varying mutations (additional limbs, eyes, etc.)
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Yeah, she's talking about the feral void-krokul in the zone. :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

GUYS. The latest PTR has a nice class change for us; "Rest: You command your pet PorcupineRodent to take a rest." RODENTS. This is wonderful news that I hope stays.

Source:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=269075/patc ... ta-updates

My current state of mind; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVsvZIIBM3A
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well spotted :)

I'm kinda wondering if they could name them something broader and more generic that describes a physical characteristic that they have in common, rather than using a specific family of genetically-related creatures. Like they have with Scalehides and Feathermanes. That way, weasel and rodent relatives could potentially be in the same family.

What would you call it, though? "Gnawteeth" sounds rather silly, but that's the essence of what kind of creatures they are. :/
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Bucktooth. Beavers have buck teeth, porcupines have buck teeth, rednecks have buck teeth, and those Marsuul look like they have some buck going on too. I'm not entomologist, but I think Bucktooth would work if Rodent is too broad.

For further reasoning: Feathermanes have feathery manes, Scalehides have scale hides, Direhorns have horns that look like they'd leave a dire wound, and so on. Calling the things Bucktooth would work in this sense.