Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Argus Pet Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Probably in 7.3.5, since I doubt they'll add much, if anything, to a patch coming out tomorrow.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Probably in 7.3.5, since I doubt they'll add much, if anything, to a patch coming out tomorrow.
Yeah, definitely not overnight ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Marsuul Uncertainties

There are just two that appear on Wowhead but haven't been reported in the game. They may not actually be active:

Dazed Marsuul (the page makes it look like a quest creature): http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=127285/dazed-marsuul (cosmetic, in bubble)
Frenzied Marsuul Kit: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=123764/frenzied-marsuul-kit

All colours of marsuul are available for taming.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Dazed Marsuul is found im the stasis bubbled in the Shadowguard Incursion. The Frenzied Marsuul Pups are found in the ruins to the south.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The Dazed Marsuul is found im the stasis bubbled in the Shadowguard Incursion. The Frenzied Marsuul Pups are found in the ruins to the south.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet :D
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Valnaaros wrote:Probably in 7.3.5, since I doubt they'll add much, if anything, to a patch coming out tomorrow.
Well that's disappointing. Not much to look forward to, in this patch (imo). Ah well, good thing my game time runs out in 5 hours. No reason to renew right away, maybe next time.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Chya wrote:
Well that's disappointing. Not much to look forward to, in this patch (imo). Ah well, good thing my game time runs out in 5 hours. No reason to renew right away, maybe next time.
They are adding a lot in tomorrow's patch! There are a few color variants that aren't found in game yet, and that was what I was referring to. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Shadow Stalkers are summoned by the Shadowguard Riftstalkers in the Shadowguard Incursion. They use a spell called Wild Summon, which summons the Panthara. They are untamable, but have a diet listed. If you escape combat, the Panthara will instantly die.

Found something interesting. Originally, the Shadowcrazed Marsuuls were listed as untamable. They are now tamable, and they retain the Void effect after being tamed.

The Void Streakers, which are the Violet and Ruby variants of the Mana Wyrm, are now listed as tamable, whereas they previously were untamable. The Void Nibblers, however, are still untamable.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_082817_185139.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082817_185139.jpg (209.77 KiB) Viewed 2876 times
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Valnaaros wrote:
Chya wrote:
They are adding a lot in tomorrow's patch! There are a few color variants that aren't found in game yet, and that was what I was referring to. :)
Adding alot? really hope there's something more then Mana Rays, Panthara, Marsuul & Argus Talbuks. More Talbuks and Cats really? Just my opinion not fact, but not really impressed with these new tames. Glad others like them though.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I know it could cause a lot of clipping otherwise, but I'm kinda disappointed with the size of the Mana Rays. They look like they should be so much bigger. The size they are post-taming just makes them look like pups.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:I know it could cause a lot of clipping otherwise, but I'm kinda disappointed with the size of the Mana Rays. They look like they should be so much bigger. The size they are post-taming just makes them look like pups.
I've passed that along, that they could be a bit bigger (though clearly with a model like that there will be difficulties if they're too big), and also fly a bit higher. Hopefully they'll receive some fine tuning.

Chya wrote:Adding alot? really hope there's something more then Mana Rays, Panthara, Marsuul & Argus Talbuks. More Talbuks and Cats really? Just my opinion not fact, but not really impressed with these new tames. Glad others like them though.
To be fair, panthara aren't much like cats at all, no more than marsuul are like porcupines, I think it's a convenience so as not to have to make a new family at this point.

Also to be fair this is an awful lot of stuff for a patch rather than an xpac release. It's unfortunate for people who don't like the things added but it's still a lot.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is a lot. Most patches don't add nearly this many new beasts. You may not like what has been added, but you cannot deny the fact that they are unique and have had a lot of work put into them.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Least we're getting more in this patch than the selfie-cam patch.

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Any patch has gotten more than the selfie patch. Besides, this patch contains more than most patches ever had.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Surprised we didn't get an "Extraterrestrial" family or something, for the panthara, marsuul, and mana rays.

But I won't complain I finally will have a better looking nether ray since I have to carry one for hero.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Well, it is just that they are so similar to existing families, it would be odd not to put them in them.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Qraljar wrote:I know it could cause a lot of clipping otherwise, but I'm kinda disappointed with the size of the Mana Rays. They look like they should be so much bigger. The size they are post-taming just makes them look like pups.
I've passed that along, that they could be a bit bigger (though clearly with a model like that there will be difficulties if they're too big), and also fly a bit higher. Hopefully they'll receive some fine tuning.
Thanks Wain! You're a champ.

Also, aren't they nearly or literally Nether Ray size? Like I said: it doesn't work that well for them, given how much more wide they are. For Nether Rays it works, as their main body makes up most of its size and they are fairly compact. However, the Mana Rays have a pretty tiny torso/are slim compared to their wingspan, so they ought to be bigger to avoid looking like they're newborn.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Myzou wrote:Surprised we didn't get an "Extraterrestrial" family or something, for the panthara, marsuul, and mana rays.

But I won't complain I finally will have a better looking nether ray since I have to carry one for hero.
I wouldn't mind Marsuuls and Panthara are grouped together as a group; Argusial or Marsuul etc because they look like proto-mammals or synapsid or maybe even monotremes or marsupials.

The new rays can be grouped as nether rays imho.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'm also glad they aren't new families simply because then they'd be like the other new families we got this expansion and have no extra skill or something "useful". So while I would love them to be their own Argus family, at least these new ones will come with some useful things from old/existing families. A bit lol