Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Myzoe Priests, Paladins, Warriors, Shamans, and Mages don't have pets. But, I do see where you are coming from.
The only issue with having it be obtainable after you get Syrenne is that Hunters, that didn't play during Legion, would be required to complete the Hunter Campaign and then part of the Broken Shore campaign in order to get her, and thus the pet. It wouldn't be a huge deal now, but it would be in later xpacs.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Just gonna throw an idea out; could it have something to do with ancient mana? That's effectively a magic source, and it could bring the panthara to seek that out, instead of wherever else it's shimmering off to?

I don't know, though, I don't have access to the ptr, so I can't test anything out. Maybe you've got to have a certain amount or something. I know you can get up to 2k, so maybe you've got to have that, or close to it?

I'm just really hoping there is a way to get these guys. I quite like their weird stained glass looking fins - especially the fel green one.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I am currently at 2k and it isn't making a difference. Besides, Blizz wouldn't/shouldn't require people to have to complete the entire Suramar Campaign in order to get the items that allow for you to hold 2k.

They are listed as tamable, Kayro, it's just that there is a special way to tame them. However, as more and more time is spent by us here and the Secret Finders, and more ideas are tested, it is beginning to look like it is either bugged or NYI.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:@Myzoe Priests, Paladins, Warriors, Shamans, and Mages don't have pets. But, I do see where you are coming from.
The only issue with having it be obtainable after you get Syrenne is that Hunters, that didn't play during Legion, would be required to complete the Hunter Campaign and then part of the Broken Shore campaign in order to get her, and thus the pet. It wouldn't be a huge deal now, but it would be in later xpacs.
Shaman do. There's a pet battle in the shaman class hall.

Rogues get theirs during the questline for the broken shore champion as well, so that point is moot. :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

And it's unlikely to be a "Panthara taming" book that is hidden until you reach certain rep, because the book would have almost certainly appeared in datamining :/

I really am curious what those random crystals are for, now. But it's probably for some other puzzle entirely.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe it is for something else. They have been there since the first build. Anything Panthara related would've came later, I would think.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I believe it is for something else. They have been there since the first build. Anything Panthara related would've came later, I would think.
Probably, yeah.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

The crystals are probably for the dark unicorn mount puzzle, to be honest.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Probably are.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:The crystals are probably for the dark unicorn mount puzzle, to be honest.
*"dark horse2"

:lol:
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Valnaaros wrote:I am currently at 2k and it isn't making a difference. Besides, Blizz wouldn't/shouldn't require people to have to complete the entire Suramar Campaign in order to get the items that allow for you to hold 2k.

They are listed as tamable, Kayro, it's just that there is a special way to tame them. However, as more and more time is spent by us here and the Secret Finders, and more ideas are tested, it is beginning to look like it is either bugged or NYI.
I guess that that's a good thing, because later expansions would have a whale of a time getting through Suramar for a pet :')

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Blizzard throwing a bone soon, though! The trouble these guys are causing seems a little redundant at this point
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone tried laying down a Disgusting Feast? It's a white-quality feast you can create on Argus but I haven't yet seen what it does.

The problem is that it requires 99 Imp Meat. I've only managed to collect 19, but when I looked today I couldn't see any imps to farm. I forget where I saw them (or are they a periodic thing?) :/
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wait, thats a huge feast of imp meat? :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah :mrgreen:

I'm curious to know what it does. There is a WQ up with an Imp Mother, but unfortunately she's the first one I've encountered that doesn't actually summon any imps :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Another candidate might be Fresh Talbuk Meat (which you apparently throw at something). But I haven't managed to find any on any talbuks I've killed. Most have zero loot.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe the imps come and go with different WQs. But I don't think the feast is the solution. If the imps were around constantly and dropped plenty of the meat, I would say it would be viable, but that isn't how it is. It would be a pain to have to farm meat from Imps that aren't always around, just to make a one-time only feast. If you ever wanted to tame a different Panthara, you would have to do it all over again.

I believe the Talbuk meat is tied to a WQ.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:I believe the imps come and go with different WQs. But I don't think the feast is the solution. If the imps were around constantly and dropped plenty of the meat, I would say it would be viable, but that isn't how it is. It would be a pain to have to farm meat from Imps that aren't always around, just to make a one-time only feast. If you ever wanted to tame a different Panthara, you would have to do it all over again.

I believe the Talbuk meat is tied to a WQ.
Lalathin is tied behind a 2 month wait. Some pets have 24 hour respawns and spawned in commonly explored areas.

You underestimate the timegates Blizzard is willing to put pets behind.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lalathin is a single rare pet, as are those other ones. Pantharas are an entire family. Blizz isn't going to gate a whole pet family behind WQs.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm going to assume that someone with a nearly complete minipet and toy collection has gone through and looked at all the descriptions?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Unfortunately, toy collections don't entirely carry over on the ptr. Very few toys do. Even still, I haven't seen any new pets or toys that suggest that they could help with taming them.