Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Xylexia wrote:This has worked for me both times

Switch to survival

Line these up on your bar like so

Camo | Ice trap | fresh meat | tame beast

Target panthera
Use camo
Get close
Ice trap panthera
Drop meat on panthera
Tame beast

100% success so far
Ok, so I came back to WoW yesterday after having been gone for like well over a year. I really wanted one of these guys tho, especially since my hunter is a male draenei, and it's nice to have a pet from his homeworld. Anyways, I don't have a lot of time to play, so I ended up spending 10k to buy the only meat off of the AH. Went for the ancient one, cause I'm sucker for red, and only had my one shot for it. Following these instructions here, it worked perfectly. Tho it took me a while to figure out where the heck Camo was lol (hadn't realized it was a talent, so had to change it, luckily I had things on hand to let me change talents out in the field). I was also missing my ice trap, cause apparently I had steel trap selected as well...oops. But anyways, worked this worked great! Love to get the indigo one some day if another meat ever drops.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Meat is 15k on MG... ugh. And I'm stingy but a really REALLY good friend actually sent me one. And I saw the red panthara up earlier and went back for him....

aaaaandddd he's not there. Because of COURSE he's not.

Been sitting here for half an hour and nada. I guess I'll go load the dishwasher.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket