Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

I just got some meat, I used it on a Panthara but it did nothing. It created a object on the ground called "Fresh Talbuk meat," but the Panthara ignored it. I was in combat with the Panthara so Idk if that had an effect on it, going to try and get another meat.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Rhaenia wrote:Can confirm that the meat drops for hunters in game now. I have gotten two drops so far, but I'm reluctant to test them until I have more than 10 or if it is confirmed that we need 10...either way, I'll be grinding Talbuk kills all day. Do you think we'd yield a better result if we had a team of people killing and looting Talbuks? Then we just compile the meat and test it?
I think this would be ideal.

I've got to check out to work on a project soon, but I'll get back to farming when I've finished and join any groups if they anyone is still farming.
funk#1402

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Panthara eat Marsuul as well, perhaps theres a marsuul drop? (just spitballing)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Which talbuks are you getting meat from? There are only 2 or 3 we can access at the moment and I'm curious if they all drop it or not.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Quiv wrote:Panthara eat Marsuul as well, perhaps theres a marsuul drop? (just spitballing)
I had been killing marsuul a lot and noticed they dropped nothing. Haven't killed the fel marsuul yet, mind you.
funk#1402

Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Wain wrote:Which talbuks are you getting meat from? There are only 2 or 3 we can access at the moment and I'm curious if they all drop it or not.

Both of my drops have been from the chitinous cragscalers in Krokuun. Those are the only killable Talbuks that I'm aware of, but I could be mistaken.

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I don't recall there being any "Marsuul Meat" sort of item in the db.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Wain wrote:Which talbuks are you getting meat from? There are only 2 or 3 we can access at the moment and I'm curious if they all drop it or not.
I'm getting my meat from the Talbuks in the Grove of Naroua, there are 6 spawns close together, makes for a good farming spot.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I just got my first drop, from Wild Cragscalers in Grove of Naroua.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

As you can see, the Panthara does not care about the Meat, and continues to attack me. the range on the throw is really short, there is no way you could get close enough with out pulling it. I'm getting the feeling this is not how you tame them, but I would love to be wrong.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_083117_121550.jpg
WoWScrnShot_083117_121550.jpg (171.47 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
Last edited by Pokcmvmxckm on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

If anyone wants to form a talbuk hunting party... AhoyKatieee#1631

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I have been killing talbuk all over Krokuun for over an hour and have nothing to show for it still. This is very RNG-y.
funk#1402

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote:Image
As you can see, the Panthara does not care about the Meat, and continues to attack me. the range on the throw is really short, there is no way you could get close enough with out pulling it. I'm getting the feeling this is not how you tame them, but I would love to be wrong.
I thought that you threw the meat /at/ them and they got a debuff making them bloodied? What meat are you using?
funk#1402

Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Funk wrote:
I thought that you threw the meat /at/ them and they got a debuff making them bloodied? What meat are you using?
I'm using the fresh Talbuk meat, Idk if my aim is poor but nothing is happening, they don't get a debuff, they don't eat the meat, they just keep attacking. I'll try freezing it with a trap so I don't miss.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote:
Funk wrote:
I'm using the fresh Talbuk meat, Idk if my aim is poor but nothing is happening, they don't get a debuff, they don't eat the meat, they just keep attacking. I'll try freezing it with a trap so I don't miss.
I haven't gotten any meat, so I can't test it and don't know what happens when you use it. I was just going with the information relayed from the secrets discord.
funk#1402

Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Funk wrote:
Pokcmvmxckm wrote:
Funk wrote: I thought that you threw the meat /at/ them and they got a debuff making them bloodied? What meat are you using?
I haven't gotten any meat, so I can't test it and don't know what happens when you use it. I was just going with the information relayed from the secrets discord.
When you use the meat you get a targeting marker like when you throw a trap, the range is poor (Probably 5 yards), when you throw it creates an object on the ground at the targeted spot with the same name, there is a large shower of blood effects, The object only lasts about 30-50 seconds before despawning.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote:
Funk wrote:-snip-
When you use the meat you get a targeting marker like when you throw a trap, the range is poor (Probably 5 yards), when you throw it creates an object on the ground at the targeted spot with the same name, there is a large shower of blood effects, The object only lasts about 30-50 seconds before despawning.
Interesting. MAYBE IF ONE EVER DROPS FOR ME I CAN TEST.
funk#1402

Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

It works! The buff is not shown and it does not seem to last long, I HIGHLY recommend freezing it before you try and throw the meat.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_083117_123436.jpg
WoWScrnShot_083117_123436.jpg (159.77 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
Last edited by Pokcmvmxckm on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

And you just needed one meat for it to work?
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:And you just needed one meat for it to work?
Yes. The buff does not last long, I got two meat that time but did not tame fast enough on the first throw.

I thrown the first meat, saw no buff, hesitated then tamed, when the tame failed I used Feign death (Because the CD only starts when combat ends) then tried again, this time going right in to the tame.
Last edited by Pokcmvmxckm on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.