8.0 New Expansion pet ideas/wishes

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: 8.0 New Expansion pet ideas/wishes

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love the idea of aquatic pets, even if their usage would be fairly niche. I do enjoy how GW2 does it - you can only summon aquatic pets while you're underwater, and they can't be accessed on land. If WoW could implement something like that it would be nice.

I'm not sure how often we fight underwater though for it to be "worth it", but I'd still like to have the option.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Blizz already has the tech for it; look at the water mounts like the Darkwater Skate.

I would only accept aquatic pets if I could get a sea turtle. Sea turtles are infinitely superior to land turtles, after all (though I do quite like the Mata Mata turtle, but there's no WoW equivalent of that freaky thing).

EDIT:
I just thought of another fun thing; think of those shark enemies that you can fish up and fight, or the one Brawler's Guild shark. Know how they are stationary for a few seconds, flop forward a little bit, and repeat the process? Bam, aquatic pets figured out; like pathing issues, they move absurdly slow on land (enough so that you can easily make them despawn just from walking away), and move normally in water. For fish, plop them on their sides, and for anything else, on their belly. Wolfhawks are a good example of this sort of animation swapping, what with being grounded and flying.

Also, here's my wishlist of things;

- Yetis, both old and new, in the Gorilla family (Renamed to Great Ape or something more general)
- Sea Turtles in the Turtle family, available in water areas only
- Sea Snakes in the Serpent family, just like in the Warlords beta.
- Grubs in the Worm family. There is literally no reason for this to not be a thing already.
- Those half-skeletal bat things on Argus in the Bat family.
- Druid forms in the Spirit Beast family. I WANT MY TAUREN CAT PET ALREADY.
- Giraffes in some family. I don't care what family, I want that okapi-colored one in Sholazar.
- Flesh Beasts (those creepy 3-tentacled things, such as in the Draenei starting area) in some sort of family.

I may have more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm going to add another small suggestion, that being horses. Have an 'equine' family with horses and zebras in, because tameable zebras would be quite cool.

Also, I know this is a long shot but a guilty pleasure of mine is the idea of tameable Cloud Serpents. Not the typical dragonflight dragons. Just Cloud Serpents

Of course, that's probably moving too close into 'Cloud Serpents are dragons, we shouldn't be able to tame dragons' but, like, we ride them? If we go off of the idea that the dragon mounts allow us to ride them via mutual respect, then it can be argued that a hunter's pet is on a deeper level to that, yes? Of course, I understand that people really don't like the idea of taming the more intelligent beasts of Azeroth and beyond, but I remember that one argument against Hippogryphs was that they were super intelligent, and look at us now :D Sizing would be an issue though. And they'd be like birds and owls and every other flappy creature - except even worse and 10x more wiggly

But, like, I said, tameable zebras and horses would be cool. Especially with armour. A vicious war steed with spikes and armour and a bad attitude to boot.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

gonna be honest, love the skyscreamer/terrorwings/thunder armored dinos/snap dragons thing :D , and honestly based on a few things,, the leaks for naga is genuine : kul tiras armor icons AND zandalari icons removed from ptr to be disclosed later, kul tiras gear removed to be disclosed later, naga having a heavy presence in legion despite no real need for it, the new mana ray models wich look VEEEEERY much like a couatl >.> ...

and so I would like to add Couatls to the list of desired pets :D AND a Hakkar the Soulflayer spirit beast or family :headbang: :twisted: 8-) ;)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is actually believed that the removed icons is Blizz just messing with us, since the Zandalari icons are ones from the Isle of Thunder. They know about the mass speculation about Kul'Tiras, which will probably be in the next xpac, so they might just be doing things to rile people up.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm still hoping we get some of the baby models as tameable pets.

"Stunted Direhorn" "Stunted Polar Bear Cub" "Stunted Tiger" etc. That way they're technically adults, just never grew in size, something that DOES happen in nature due to some genetic disorders. Make them a rare spawn (but not like RARE spawn, just a silver dragon so you aren't encountering like 6 at once in the wild)

I mean, we can send battle pets to battle a whole plethora of dangerous things (including sha-powered beasts, an entire fire elemental, etc.) but letting hunters tame cute baby pets is crossing the line?

I'd even be happy with them adding "Baby/Stunted" as a new pet family. Give them Cower and have it act like a turtle's shield.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Because Battle Pets, in large part, are non-canon. Hunter pets as a whole are considered canon, outside of a few exceptions.

Also, often the case with stunted animals IRL is that their entire body won't be correctly proportioned. They might have short limbs or large heads. These things make their lives harder and can even shorten it.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nice ideas, all.

One thing that has been bothering me when it comes to new pets is that more and more dog models are being added as battle pets exclusively..

Yet the dog family for hunters has been left alone since.. what? Cataclysm - early MoP?

They might not look very savage, but I think the Perky Pug, Corgi and the 7.3 Golden Retriever at the very least should be tameable.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
megary
Realm: Chamber of Aspects

Unread post by megary »

I would love to get some kind of kangaroo as a tameable beast in the new expansion. There is actually no beast ingame atm inspired by its look yet, right?
I would also like to see the old models to be remodeled, f.e.: coyotes, hyenas, boars, all feline beasts, gazelles, apes, serpents, also most of the 1-70 lvl birds. The fox model could also get an update and look more like the Llothien prowler. Plainstriders could look more like Ostriches. I would also like to get some more large flightless birds like the Silvermoon hawkstriders or even peacocks. We've got the peachicks in Draenor anyway...

If it was me, I would get rid of all of the old models and replace them with the new ones. The remaining old content needs to be updated drastically. :D
Last edited by megary on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Still hoping for that purple/pink panthara. And really, I'd love a sea horse or pufferfish pet in a bubble.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I forgot to add: I really hope Grand Gryphons and Wyverns both become tameable (maybe some new colors, too?) next expansion.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I just want all pre-mop beast models get updated. ALL OF THEM.
Silverpeal
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary - Alliance

Unread post by Silverpeal »

Wishlist:

As much as I love my Echyakee, it would be fab if he got maybe a spectral/ghost update like the ghost animals in draenor, like a white spirit Sambas model (with sabreteeth) and little motes/stars/ swirls of mist like the spectral gryphon.

A giant platypus beast/mount

A flying squirrel/sugar glider

Mandragora as Hydras

Elekks, especially the ghost/purple spirit elekks on draenor

Swans! White, Black, and ghostly/spectral. Also swan mount.
Like Roleplay? Come to Lusternia! | Willing to send out SoRs!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

-I'm really hoping to see sea serpents, hippocampi and Merlions as pets and mounts as far as new species go.
-As for old creatures made tamable I am dying to get a skyscreamer. Why did they not add them in Mop? Or Wod? Why!? Cloud serpents are also a pipedream of mine but I understand the complications.
-I am also loving all these challenge/secret tames we have been getting and hope we can continue to see them in the future. Seeing how we got to keep our void touched pets, it would be really cool if there were group challenge tames in the future where in order to get the more spiffy look, you need to have a hunter buddy with you. (although this would probably have to be instanced or somthing to prevent griefing) Some of my best days in wow were helping other hunters glitch tame the lone hunter and other harmless appearance buff pets. Mad a lot of friends. I sometimes miss the sense of community that springs up when we all rush to get ourselves organized so we can help as many players tame something as possible before it goes away.

Last of all i'm always crossing my fingers for more old world model updates. Hyenas look so, so sad. Old world lions, foxes, crabs and most of the older birds could also use some help.

lolrofljkbbq
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by lolrofljkbbq »

I wish they would implement something that would allow any pet type to learn Bloodlust or Battle rez. Since they removed the majority of unique abilities and only left a few for certain pets, then I think being able to choose any pet for any situation would be nice. Not only having a core hound/mana ray for Bloodlust.
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

DOGS.

I mean come on no one on Kul Tiras has dogsssss? Ok, they might not, but it's a shame. The over pixelated Mastiffs have grown on me because they're my only real option. I would LOVEEEE to see some of these newer high res battle pet dogs be made into full size pets. -fingers crossed-
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

A sighthound variant for Dogs would be great.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Just had a thought, but I can't remember if I (or someone else) have already said this, but an updated fox model would be nice. We've got three colour variants as mounts already, and it can't be too difficult to give them a working mouth and make them small enough to be a pet.

Or don't even give them a working mouth. I'd prefer if they did, but Marsuul's don't have one and it's not that bad. I just really would like a fox pet, but the old ones really don't look that great anymore
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I would like to see:
* Beavers, otters/mongooses, and armadillos added to the 'rodent' family (yes, I'm aware otters aren't rodents in the real world; it still seems the closest match to me for being able to tame them!)
* Sabrehorns added as a new family (perhaps allowing for horses as well)
* Kunchong added to one of the other families (most likely silithids); I don't feel there are enough skins for them to be their own family but I do feel they would fit as a tameable creature
* Chimera and Rylaks fused into the same family (yes, I understand that it will muck with the abilities but Updraft could always be added to a different pet; it's already on Feathermanes as a not-Beastmaster-only)
* Rams added into the 'goat' family (come on! It's perfectly logical here!)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Pyramus

Unread post by Pyramus »

I'd love to see a split in the current rodents family, keeping porcupines in rodents and moving the marsuul to their own family. That family should be mustelids. Then add beavers to the rodent family and otters to the mustelid family. In addition add capibaras on Zandalar for the rodent family, which fits with the South American theme, and badgers or gluttons/wolverines on Kul Tiras for the mustelid family.