Porcupine family renamed to Rodent family

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rainfella

Porcupine family renamed to Rodent family

Unread post by Rainfella »

Hello community!

Spotted this small BIG change to the porcupine family om mmo champion summary of the patch notes.

What does this mean? Are we gonna be able to tame rats, beavers, and the marsupial thingies from Argus?

Safe travels,
Rain
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Porcupine family renamed to Rodent family

Unread post by Wain »

Hey Rainfella :) It would be cool if we could tame beavers and other rodents, but it seems like the name change was just so they could group porcupines with the new Marsuul from Argus, i.e.:

Maybe we'll see beavers and things in there in the future though. Who knows? :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I was literally about to make this very same thread. :D

I can almost guarantee that it involves the Marsuul, but enough people have been begging for beavers, and a 'beaver' family wouldn't be reasonable as a single family... so I suspect that inserting them into that would work well.

Maybe they can add some otters as well. Yes, I know otters aren't rodents, but you can't tell me that people would be upset to get tameable otters in some way? ;)

If we're allowed to tame rats and squirrels as well, I *totally* would do that. However, I can't think of any rats that are listed as 'Beasts' (although I think there are some squirrel mobs that are).

EDIT: And as soon as I say that, I remember:

The Giant Sewer Rat.

SOLD!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As of right now, the only animals in the rodent family are Marsuuls and Porcupines. Nothing else is tamable within the family, and since the patch is next week, there most likely won't be anything new added this patch.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kurasu wrote:If we're allowed to tame rats and squirrels as well, I *totally* would do that.

The Giant Sewer Rat.

SOLD!
I feel the same way. Rats have so much personality, and I'd love one to matchy-match my mount!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I can't imagine they made this change with no future inclusions in mind. I imagine next xpac, it'll get more. Surely. Probably. Hopefully. Maybe. Possibly.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Kurasu wrote:If we're allowed to tame rats and squirrels as well, I *totally* would do that.

The Giant Sewer Rat.

SOLD!
I feel the same way. Rats have so much personality, and I'd love one to matchy-match my mount!
With the updated models especially I don't feel like it's terribly farfetched either. Rats would be cute pets, we need some ROUS in this game :) (I'm honestly amazed that we've made it this far without ever seeing a proper rat enemy in this game, they feel like staples).
Rainfella

Unread post by Rainfella »

Quiv wrote:I can't imagine they made this change with no future inclusions in mind. I imagine next xpac, it'll get more. Surely. Probably. Hopefully. Maybe. Possibly.
I feel the same way!