Is the night version of grimrot gone for good?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
kapeco
Realm: Gallywix

Is the night version of grimrot gone for good?

Unread post by kapeco »

i've noticed the night version of grimrot (old black diseased bear skin) is not appearing anymore, at least for me. Could anyone please confirm my doubts if the creature is broken?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Is the night version of grimrot gone for good?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I found the diseased skin on Grimrot at 5 am this morning, while it had the grey skin at 8 pm last night. The day/night cycle in wow is peculiar, like it's on perpetual double daylight savings time. I think the change-over is at 8:30, morning and night? Not sure exactly.
kapeco

Unread post by kapeco »

I just checked on this morning and the diseased verson was up too. A comment on the wowhead page says the diseased version was supposed to spawn 6:30 PM, and despawn arround 5 AM, looks like Blizzard reversed the spawn times, and the diseased version now spawns at morning
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No, either it's random or the time is shifted similar to what I proposed, as Grimrot is grey again at mid-day.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I found my post from way back in June 2016 about this where I found the normal version despawned at 630pm realm time. I just sat on my realm and watch him do the same. The undead version can take some time to respawn tho, its not necessarily instant. One time it took nearly 2 hours. There could be variance in the despawning, but every time I've been there, its been on time @ 630 realm (not local). The respawn seems to vary a bit.

The 8pm normal Grimrot spotting above is odd though. Unless its some local/realm time thing? Was that at 8pm realm? *shrug*

Edit: Throw that out the window. Normal Grimrot just respawn at 6:49pm Realm. Why'd it even despawn? Maybe its just it at set times to respawn and has a chance to be either? Who knows.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Odd! But I'm glad to hear it's still spawning in both versions. Thanks for checking :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
kapeco

Unread post by kapeco »

Today (10/21/2017) the non-diseased version is up at my server at 11:00 PM server time (10:00 PM local). Hope we can figuere what's happening/ or discover a pattern
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kapeco, what time is that in pacific standard time? If it's 8pm in California, I think they still think that is daytime :)
kapeco

Unread post by kapeco »

even though it's 11:46 PM server time, on the pacific standard time it's 6:46 PM, and grimrot has despawned. perhabs the diseased one is going to spawn? I think this solves the mystery.