Surely a bug?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Surely a bug?

Unread post by Elynix »

When I first saw this pet, I assumed someone had just used one of those grow treats on the Direhorn Runt battle pet, but then it occurred to me it was acting like a hunter pet, and even had the Resource/Health pool of a hunter pet.

Is this just some really weird bug that is displaying the wrong skin? :shock:
WoWScrnShot_111017_125203.jpg
WoWScrnShot_111017_125203.jpg (703.21 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Surely a bug?

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm pretty sure that, for a bit, the baby direhorns were actually tameable, but someone may have to correct me on that one :') That seems to be one of those runt direhorns that were tameable for a bit that someone has out :)
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

Jeez I didn’t even know they existed tameable or otherwise lol! I thought for sure my game had become possessed. It’s adorable though! :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

The big was fixed very quickly, that's all I can say :lol: it is super cute, if kind of scary to see a baby direhorn 10x bigger than your actual direhorn running around :lol:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It was definitely from a fun exploit. During the Legion pre-launch event, you could be mind controlled and turned hostile against everything. If you were partied with a warlock and some willing friends, you could be summoned to the Isle of Giants or Isle of Thunder and tame the now hostile Stunted Direhorn that wandered around. They were originally marked tameable, but were friendly and unable to be aggroed. This bug was VERY quickly fixed, but not because of Hunters getting new pets. It was being used for other...less tasteful methods that I won't mention.

I wish we could have something like this again. There's a bunch of unique pets we could have, like a worm that has a wolf model, that are classified as tameable, but cannot be aggroed.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Gonya wrote:When I first saw this pet, I assumed someone had just used one of those grow treats on the Direhorn Runt battle pet, but then it occurred to me it was acting like a hunter pet, and even had the Resource/Health pool of a hunter pet.

Is this just some really weird bug that is displaying the wrong skin? :shock:
WoWScrnShot_111017_125203.jpg
hey dat me