Silithus pets post-7.3.5 [spoilers]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Silithus pets post-7.3.5 [spoilers]

Unread post by Wain »

I haven’t had a chance to check out Silithus yet and won’t get to complete the raid until LFR is out. Is the sword there for everyone or just after you’ve completed the raid? If the latter, is there anyone who can please post an assessment of which tameables (if any) exist in the new phase and if it’s easy to return to the old one? Very much appreciated :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Silithus pets post-7.3.5 [spoilers]

Unread post by Vephriel »

The sword will not show up until a character has defeated the final boss of the new raid - though I imagine once the final wing of LFR comes out it will go live for everyone, similar to how Argus did.

I don't have first-hand experience yet, but from what I gather the new Silithus map is just completely wiped out - however Zidormi is present and can phase you between the new and the old map at will so I don't think we'll have anything to worry about for the pets, they can keep on living in the old phase.

I'm mostly relieved there's still a way to access the old Silithus since I was quite fond of the zone. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The sword is only there if you've killed Argus on any difficulty. To phase back to the old Silithus, you just talk to Zidormi, who is found on the road leading from Un'goro. As for mobs, as far as I'm aware, there aren't any. Just a bunch of corpses, including some from Cenarion Hold.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vephriel wrote:The sword will not show up until a character has defeated the final boss of the new raid - though I imagine once the final wing of LFR comes out it will go live for everyone, similar to how Argus did.

I don't have first-hand experience yet, but from what I gather the new Silithus map is just completely wiped out - however Zidormi is present and can phase you between the new and the old map at will so I don't think we'll have anything to worry about for the pets, they can keep on living in the old phase.

I'm mostly relieved there's still a way to access the old Silithus since I was quite fond of the zone. :)
This. I haven't seen it firsthand myself, but I have seen plenty of pics as well as vids of the zone, and it looks like everything is gone. No surprise, really.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Assuming it goes live for everyone with lfr, I wonder if toons level 1-60 will see the old zone without talking to the dragon? Just wondering if it will make it easier to tame some of the rares there. Hunter priorities!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It'll probably stay as old Silithus until they reach 110. It'll be like how, in BfA, Teldrassil and UC will remain unchanged until they reach 110.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

As long as I can still farm AQ 40 and AQ 20 I'm happy. I need all the ridiculous armour sets! :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks all. I’ll update Petopia on the weekend to mention this for Silithus pets.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

I've completed the raid and surveyed the area casually a few times...I have yet to run into any wildlife. I'll update if I see anything.

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

PaperCuTTzi
Realm: Aman'thul

Unread post by PaperCuTTzi »

You can change the state of the zone between the past and the present via talking with Zidormi. She's located at 79 / 22 (at the entrance from Un'goro Crater). She's highlighted by a beacon.