Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I think you're right, Myzou, now that you mention it.
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

I won't lie, I keep checking this thread wistfully hoping to see scythehorns get marked as tameable. Hopefullyyyyy soooon.

All these new additions keep giving me hope. :cry:
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

pawprintedheart wrote:I won't lie, I keep checking this thread wistfully hoping to see scythehorns get marked as tameable. Hopefullyyyyy soooon.

All these new additions keep giving me hope. :cry:
*coughs* :evil:

horse2*

No, but if they do become available, it'll probably be in 8.0! It's gonna be waiting until BfA alpha until we learn about the new families, probably.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Today's PTR build revealed that you need to be exalted with the Nightfallen and have completed the main questline in Suramar to unlock the Nightborne. Exalted with the AotL and completed the achieve You Are Now Prepared! for Lightforged. Exalted with Argussian Reach and completed the achieve You Are Now Prepared! for VEs. No mention of faction-specific requirements. And exalted with the Highmountain and completion of the Highmountain achieve Ain't No Mountain High Enough.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:Today's PTR build revealed that you need to be exalted with the Nightfallen and have completed the main questline in Suramar to unlock the Nightborne. Exalted with the AotL and completed the achieve You Are Now Prepared! for Lightforged. Exalted with Argussian Reach and completed the achieve You Are Now Prepared! for VEs. No mention of faction-specific requirements. And exalted with the Highmountain and completion of the Highmountain achieve Ain't No Mountain High Enough.
This is more or less what I anticipated, now the question will be how these achievements will behave across an account.

I've completed all of the above on my main character for the expansion...who is Horde. I can get an Alliance character to 110 easily enough, but having to do both the reputation and quest grinds a second time on a character who I will otherwise never play or care about is...rather unappealing. I just want to be able to create a Void Elf, and I guess if it comes down to that I'll slog through it eventually, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully we get some more details soon.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Today's PTR build revealed that you need to be exalted with the Nightfallen and have completed the main questline in Suramar to unlock the Nightborne. Exalted with the AotL and completed the achieve You Are Now Prepared! for Lightforged. Exalted with Argussian Reach and completed the achieve You Are Now Prepared! for VEs. No mention of faction-specific requirements. And exalted with the Highmountain and completion of the Highmountain achieve Ain't No Mountain High Enough.
This is more or less what I anticipated, now the question will be how these achievements will behave across an account.

I've completed all of the above on my main character for the expansion...who is Horde. I can get an Alliance character to 110 easily enough, but having to do both the reputation and quest grinds a second time on a character who I will otherwise never play or care about is...rather unappealing. I just want to be able to create a Void Elf, and I guess if it comes down to that I'll slog through it eventually, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully we get some more details soon.
This. I have the exact same with Nightborne. I don't plan to make a Highmountain Tauren, but I do want to make a Nightborne - maybe even two. I hope the rep is account-wide. That ought to be the fairest for all. Would be kind of bad to lock people out based on that.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As of right now, nothing indicates that it won't be account wide. But I guess we probably won't know for sure until Blizz days something or if more info is added to the ptr.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

it seems almost unfair that two of the Alliance races require those Argus achievements, while two of the Horde races only require what, basically, almost anyone who's been playing since launch would already have.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel

The Argus ones definitely require more work I feel, but, even if you go about it casually there's plenty of time to complete those before the expansion even launches, if you haven't already done them.

I would just be miffed if I was forced to do them again but hopefully things will be account wide and if that's the case I don't have a problem with these requirements, it's fitting that you should have to do the bulk of the in-game lore associated with the new races to understand them before playing them. They won't be getting starting zones to give them a backstory.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

There's also nothing that indicates that it WILL be account-wide; a lot of achievement-based requirements this expansion haven't been when they've first been added (thinking about This Side Up specifically, but there are definitely others; I know both the mage tower KJ kill and the m+15 BoP skin text both indicate they're based on having the achievement, but are still character-specific). Sometimes they relax that later, sometimes they don't.

(For myself, my warlock Horde-side is now exalted with Nightfallen and has completed (but not turned in, sigh) the penultimate quest in the Insurgency questline. She's also completed all the rep-giving Highmountain quests and is about halfway through revered with Highmountain, but hasn't done any of the "bonus" questlines in Highmountain that don't give rep, which I believe aren't part of the achievement anyway so she should be good on that front once the rep finishes. If I could stop getting Armies of Legionfall rep tokens and start getting some Highmountain ones, that would be fabulous :/)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel

Oh! There might be hope after all. Was just skimming the Wowhead article again and noticed this line, which somehow evaded my notice the first time I looked:

Attachments
Image2.png
Image2.png (14.73 KiB) Viewed 2785 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Same! I didn't notice the account wide part my first read. Glad that they will be :)
Vephriel

Valnaaros wrote:Same! I didn't notice the account wide part my first read. Glad that they will be :)
I have a sneaking suspicion they might have gone back and edited that line to be bold. :lol:

I'll take it with a small grain of salt until we get better confirmation in game, as Xella mentioned there have been some unusual achievement behaviours recently, but overall I think they do mean these things to be account wide as I don't see the sense in making people repeat content again and again for the new races. Once is perfectly reasonable and I support that, but more than that is just tedious and unnecessary in my opinion. A waste of time when people could be enjoying newer content.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I saw that the Highmountain unlock is account-wide, so I figured the rest would be too.

Also, any new info on the Qiraji rares in Silithu after this build or the previous?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

All three of the Silithid rares in Silithus have been changed to Beasts, but are still untamable. Their total health has been lowered by quite a bit, so they are much easier to kill now.

The Silithid Sentinel has had the typo in its name corrected.

The Fleshripper is still incorrectly listed as an Exotic. The Stonelash Pincer is still listed as a Spider, and the Spitfire as a Silithid.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:All three of the Silithid rares in Silithus have been changed to Beasts, but are still untamable. Their total health has been lowered by quite a bit, so they are much easier to kill now.

The Silithid Sentinel has had the typo in its name corrected.

The Fleshripper is still incorrectly listed as an Exotic. The Stonelash Pincer is still listed as a Spider, and the Spitfire as a Silithid.
Valnaaros wrote:untamable
Valnaaros wrote:untamable

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have checked all of the Silithid Hives outside of Silithus and have found nothing. Have also searched instanced and uninstanced AQ, which also had nothing new.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

FFFfffwhew. I am so glad it's account wide. I've done Suramar.... on my GNOME.

The whole idea of having to do it all over on a hordie did noooot appeal.

I'm still chiseling away at AR and AotL. AR is a bastard, but I imagine I'll get there eventually because I want those damn talbuk mounts.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I have checked all of the Silithid Hives outside of Silithus and have found nothing. Have also searched instanced and uninstanced AQ, which also had nothing new.
Thanks for your work, Valnaaros!

I'm still hoping they become tameable. There's no reason why they shouldn't be! We'll see, I guess.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Always happy to help :)
I think it may just be an oversight. Due to their still being pets that in incorrect families, it doesn't look like they're done yet.